New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 8/22/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I decided to try this powder and it just does not work for me two hours into wearing I am an oily mess with foundation missing in patches and a cakey look which I did not started out with,defiantly not a repurchase for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this powder! It gives my skin a nice satin finish (I'm pretty dry, so anything with a matte finish makes me look dry and flakey) and I don't really need to touch it up throughout the day. I wear it ovr my NYC bb cream and it blends nicely and gives my skin a nice healthy natural look. The price is AMAZING. I think I paid $3 at Walmart for this powder. The only complaints I really have is the packaging, the top comes off super easy, and the holes in the softer are large so you can potentially waste product. Also, if you use too much at once it gives you a whiteish look, but it blends out with a brush no problem. Will he repurchasing and would recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really great powder for the price! I am new to loose powders and I wanted to try a cheap one to see if I liked it or not. It keeps me matte just as long, if not longer than other powders that I have tried and I have had not noticed a white cast or anything like that. The packaging is kind of terrible but I wouldn't expect it to be any better for such an inexpensive product.

on 3/25/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, this has to be hands down the worst packaging I've ever purchased. The lid comes off so easily and when I travel I have to carry it in a plastic bag. It just flies everywhere! :( I used this powder with Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (I'm the shade "buff") and I used it for such a long time. Now I'm finally accepting that this might be the reason for the white cast on my already pale face and creasing in my smile lines (I'm in high school, that's not supposed to happen yet!). It's a very good amount of powder for such a low price but the cons outweigh the pros for me unfortunately :( Now I will be trying the Touch Up Veil by Bare Escentuals and hopefully that looks nicer!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

on 12/3/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, good quality for the price! Super cheap and comes with a lot of product. Unfortunately the packaging isn't very good and the lid comes off very easily (so don't drop this, or you'll absolutely get powder everywhere), and the sponge provided is more of a joke than anything.

Finely milled, does set my foundation well, and doesn't give me a white cast or anything, but--and this is a big but--there's a lot of glitter in this product. Probably the mica, but it really isn't the matte finish (or rather, flat, I suppose?) I was hoping for. As someone with very oily skin, it's really not a good look. I don't notice that it controls oil well either, but with my slick of a face, it's hard to say.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. Sure the packaging is dinky, but who cares when the product is phenomenal! You get 20g of product for less than 3 dollars. That's awesome! This product sets any bb cream I'm using and makes me oil free - what's more it makes my skin soft and doesn't cake. I love the way this makes my skin feel. It by no means makes my skin oil free, as I still get oily throughout the day, but it is a great translucent powder that sets my skin and prevents oiliness - at least for a bit.

on 7/27/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't pleased with the product in the beginning because the translucent powder came off as white on my skin, however it doesn't seem as white a couple of minutes later. The powder does well with oil-control and there is a lot of product for $2-$3. The packaging is pretty crappy though. It's bulky and the lid easily comes off. I recommend you leaving it on a undisturbed surface or else the powder will get everywhere. I still prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

for starters, the packaging is horrendous. the top of the container just sort of slides on and off without a anything holding it in place. that being said, the powder never fails to end up everywhere. nonetheless, i love the product itself! i've never had a problem with cakeyness. granted, it doesn't have much oil control at all, but it's great for touch ups. it does manage to set my makeup nicely without causing my face to change to an odd color like so many other powders i have tried also. and i mean, let's face it, it's darn cheap! i give it four stars. minus a star for packaging and messyness. this is definitely not a product to travel with unless you can find a better solution to packaging.

on 6/8/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great cheap powder, packaging is awful, but what do you expect for this price. Bought this after looking everywhere for Coty in the UK and failing to find it.