New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does not work for me on dry areas, it will look patchy everywhere except my nose. When I do try to blend it in better it crumbles and looks uneven. My nose seems to be the exception, seeing as it does mattify it and leave it smooth. Sometimes though I do get a smooth application but the effect leaves after a couple of hours.

This stuff is AMAZING. It sets my makeup beautifully. Powders under my eyes just
made me look dry and older but this powder just makes everything look smooth and flawless. Messy packaging but what can you do when it's under $5. Worth a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a great find! For under $3 you get a quality powder, no ifs ands or buts about it! It seems as though even if I over apply by accident I still never get a cakey look. It leaves my skin with a gorgeous finish and in no way am I left with a flat/matte look but yet on the other hand it doesn't add any shine or luminosity to the skin, it just leaves the skin looking refined and smooth. It does not accentuate any of my fine lines or flaws which is very important to me. As far as oil control goes I really can't comment on that because I have normal/dry/mature skin, however, I do get hot flashes during the day which will have me breaking into a sweat, but yet whenever I look in the mirror my skin never looks shiny or "messy" looking so I am taking it for granted that this powder is what keeps that freshly applied makeup look. If you have normal/dry skin and enjoy using powder I would definitely try this and if your oily it sure is worth a shot for under $3.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it's cheap and a perfect setting powder. Awesome amount for the 3 dollar price tag.

This is a great powder. It keeps my face matte for a pretty long time. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The packaging is terrible. If the container turns to the side or upside down for one second, all of the powder comes through the sift thingy out to the top. So when I open it the powder goes everywhere. But besides that I love this stuff.

Great loose powder.Does what it needs to do at a low price.I would recommend using a shade one level darker than your skin tone

on 1/26/2013 4:52:00 PM

I first read about this product on makeupalley and could hardly believe that it was recommended at all. I guess I always assumed that NYC stuff was super cheap and crappy. However, after reading some reviews and realizing that it was less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

Oh my word. It is such a great translucent powder! I can still hardly believe that it is made by NYC and is so cheap. I use it over top of my make-up to set everything, and it does the job perfectly! I have pretty good skin overall, but I do have some areas of uneven skin tones. It evenly covers and gives my skin a great, finished look (without looking powdery). I have the translucent powder and I really do love it. I say I would buy it again, but there is so much powder in the container, I'm more than positive it will last me the rest of my life.

If you're not careful, the powder can get everywhere. Just be careful when you pack it up to travel and when you first open it. Hey, for a great $3 powder, I don't even mind the packaging.

I recommend this powder highly, and and super impressed by the results and the low price!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder after reading so many good reviews . It was really cheap . $3 at my local Walmart . So the packaging is alright . You slide/pull the lid off to reveal the sifter and powder . The trick to avoid getting the powder everywhere is to cover all but 3-4 sifter holes. That way you get enough powder out without it being a complete mess . Oh and throw away the little puff. It's useless . Use a really good powder brush instead. Now onto the powder . It's a really nice setting powder . I use it to set my concealer and it works really well. It keeps my face matte and smooth looking . For the price and product I would def recommend trying it . It's a really nice setting powder over all .

on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hands Down! Thia is the best powder ever! My makeup stays fit for the longest, it gives my face a nice look, it is only $3 bucks! For me this works as good as a high end powder even better. U Can NOT go wrong with this! Highly Recommend there is no need to spend more than $20 on a powder when this one does the job && better! Everybody hates the container but the formula its self is AMAZING!

i like this. it makes my face loook super smooth/shiny/glowy. lol people say i look like akorean model wheni wear this :D