New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Impressed with this loose powder for how nice the finish is. I don't wear foundation, and have been applying a small amount of this on top of my sunscreen.
To help control how much shakes out, I don't remove most of the sticker --- only enough for a couple of rows of sifter holes.
I also apply this with a flat top kabuki brush.
I usually use MAC Select loose, but I like this better...it's actually finer than the MAC loose powder. My only concern is that this is made in China. Still not sure if I trust ingredients from China.

on 4/28/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite drugstore loose setting powder. It really reminds me of my HG BE Mineral Veil. It's super fine milled and it does not settle into pores or leave a white cast. It's not cakey or weird.

Seriously for $2.99, you get a huge amount and the best out there from the drugstore. Sets my makeup in summer when I am more normal skin (winter and spring and Fall I am very dry). This will give that airbrushed look like Mineral Veil, it's just not minerals unfortunately.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've used this powder for years. At first I bought it because of price. I ran out a few weeks ago and bought a different brand. Huge mistake. The NYC is unscented, colorless and completely sets my foundation. I don't have a problem with being oily. I did notice the Maybelline brand didn't completely set my foundation. I even tried the Bare Minerals powder. That did give me fuller coverage but did not actually set my foundation. The best thing about the NYC brand is the lack of scent. It does not give me a headache, smell powdery or like an old lady. No, the packaging isn't perfect but $3 sure is!

Translucent powders are one of the things I collect. Don't buy mac prep and prime when you can buy this! It feels very smooth and will last about 6 hours. They even have a matching compact for touch ups. I love everything about it except for the packaging! Wow this stuff can get messy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is such great stuff for the price. It leaves my skin looking very smooth, and not powdery unless you way overdo it. I have the translucent and Naturally Beige. It's only $3 each! You get so much product too! This isn't my HG loose powder but if it was, I would not be running out anytime soon!

on 1/9/2011 8:17:00 PM

I really like this product. It is very inexpensive. I put it on after i finish all my makeup.

on 6/22/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was the first setting powder I ever tried way back when I first started wearing makeup. I didn't even know it was setting powder I just knew I needed powder and I didn't like the pressed kind.

I think this is a great product though, it leave a nice smooth non-powdery looking finish, it's dirt cheep,the packaging is a little bulky and not travel friendly but that fine by me.

I have moved on to bigger and better loose powders but I always keep on of these in the back of my face drawer just in case, because I do think it is a great product!

on 4/15/2010 2:00:00 AM

Pros:
Very Cheap (about 3$)
Great Quantity
Sits on the skin well and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
Packaging (the powder gets everywhere and the lid can fall off easily)
The sponge that comes with it is useless but I use a brush so this wasn't an issue for me.

on 11/20/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The way to avoid getting this product to be so messy is to NOT pull back the entire sticker that is held on top of the product. I did this and just tap a bit on the inside lid and swirl it around with my eco tools kabuki brush, apply it over my foundation and it works really well at setting your make up. This product is very cheap too, I got it at pharma plus for $3.29 and would definitely buy it again, however this stuff will last me forever so maybe I won't need to. I was going to get the MAC prep and prime powder, but decided to try this out since it's so cheap first and I am glad that I did.

on 1/4/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used translucent powders that were really translucent. They gave me a polished look without depositing obvious color. I didn't find this powder transclucent. It was a very light, cool based powder that made my already pale complexion, ghost-like. At first I thought that I had used too much, so I applied less the next time I used it, but the pale-pinkiness of the powder was apparent; very chalky and dry looking, as well. Luckily it was under $3 USD, so I didn't feel guilty for tossing it.