New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/10/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great if you're on a budget, considering how cheap it is ($3-4 at Target). It sets my makeup nicely, and although it's not the most finely milled powder I've ever used, it doesn't come off as cakey. My only gripe is the horrendous packaging. I made the mistake of completely removing the paper the sifter and about half of the product came out into the lid. And the lid doesn't screw shut, so I have to be very careful when I'm opening/closing it. I can't complain too much considering how inexpensive this is. Overall, this is a great drugstore powder which I've repurchased many time, and I definitely recommend it.

on 3/22/2013 12:07:00 AM

I have oily skin, so I needed something that would do some shine control. This powder did set my foundation well but made it look really cakey. Also it made my skin oilier than it was before. It's cheap and good works okay for its price, but didn't really accomplish what I needed it to.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing, and the price is unbeatable! Sets make-up and really helps keeping my skin from getting oily. Looks smooth and blends into my skin i love it(:

on 4/8/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a great loose powder and so cheap! They give you so much product, it would last a long, long time! I am using the naturally beige one.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder does give you a nice matte finish when you use it. and you can't beat the price of it.

It looked really nice until I started developing large cystic acne and little white bumps all under my skin. I haven't broken out in months, so I know that this is what caused it.

It would be nicer if the top screwed on though as I am scared my daughter will find this and I will have powder everywhere!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product deliveres on what you would expect a powder to do, my only complaint is I often have to use it a couple a times during my make up application.

on 8/7/2008 4:13:00 PM

The product itself is decent, especially for the price. Very natural blending and good at reducing oiliness. However, it doesn't completely eliminate shine, nor does it have much staying power. Finally, the packaging is downright terrible. Try traveling with it, and I guarantee you'll up with Loose Translucent Powder everywhere when you open the lid.

I've noticed when wearing this that my face looks very dry and old. If you want to transform your complexion to that of an 80 year old then this is the powder for you. When I first apply it in the dim lighting of my bathroom I think my face looks flawless, but when I look in the rearview mirror or the visor mirror in the car I realize just how bad it looks. Much too chalky looking!

on 7/2/2007 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am not a regular loose powder user. This powder makes me want to use it. As opposite to one of the previous reviews, I find it finely milled. When brushed on, it mattifies and evens. If I apply it in the morning and go to natural light at noon, I find my facial skin dewy, delicate and glowy. Not at all powdery, cakey or anything like that. There is one thing that I don't like it hundred percent: occasionally it makes me itchy, though lasting only a couple of hours. That's why I gave it a 4 not a 5. I break out a little now and then. Haven't found any relations between breakouts and usage of this powder. I have the lightest and the medium one. I am an Asian so I was afraid that the lightest would be too fair for me. Actually it is quite transparent and suits me well. The medium is a tad bit dark I have to use it in the summer when I am tanned. If I can finish these huge cases, I will definitely repurchase.

The color was light enough for me but this broke me out so bad! I tried it on my vacation and there were cystic zits all over!! It was horrible, then I passed it onto my best friend and she started breaking out horribly too. Finally we threw it away but if you BREAK OUT STAY AWAY!!!!!!