New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for a few years now and just love it. I bought it as a cheaper option to my Laura Mercier powder, for days when I was just running to the store (for example). The packaging isn't great, but if you have an enormous velour powder puff, as I do, then it's just fine. I have a very large velour powder puff by Estee Lauder that I bought at the outlets; it's too large to fit into the lid and sits separately in my makeup drawer. But because it's so wide, I just hold it against the top and turn the whole jar upside down, shaking powder on. Then I slather it onto my skin to set my foundation. It doesn't change the color of my face too much, it's silky, it absorbs oil, and it's crazy cheap. I have bought this several times over and have recommended it to friends.

on 3/22/2013 12:07:00 AM

I have oily skin, so I needed something that would do some shine control. This powder did set my foundation well but made it look really cakey. Also it made my skin oilier than it was before. It's cheap and good works okay for its price, but didn't really accomplish what I needed it to.

on 8/7/2008 4:13:00 PM

The product itself is decent, especially for the price. Very natural blending and good at reducing oiliness. However, it doesn't completely eliminate shine, nor does it have much staying power. Finally, the packaging is downright terrible. Try traveling with it, and I guarantee you'll up with Loose Translucent Powder everywhere when you open the lid.

I've noticed when wearing this that my face looks very dry and old. If you want to transform your complexion to that of an 80 year old then this is the powder for you. When I first apply it in the dim lighting of my bathroom I think my face looks flawless, but when I look in the rearview mirror or the visor mirror in the car I realize just how bad it looks. Much too chalky looking!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this at rite aid for around $3. I use it with a Sugar powder brush. The little pink sponge that came with it went straight into the trash. To get to the powder I removed the sifter. I find that it gives a nice matte look (I have super oily skin). It doesn't last too long on me but I haven't yet found a powder that does.

The color was light enough for me but this broke me out so bad! I tried it on my vacation and there were cystic zits all over!! It was horrible, then I passed it onto my best friend and she started breaking out horribly too. Finally we threw it away but if you BREAK OUT STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Awesome, and dirt cheap. I bought this in the beige color, and then decided to get the version w/o color ... I prefer the translucent... it's great! sets make-up perfectly, and looks great!

on 3/22/2004 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

**Sigh** I wish this would've worked on me. So inexpensive and great feel on skin but it's making me break out. Big time. My forehead is covered with a ton of teeny tiny pimples. I envy those with better luck on this product.

on 10/2/2003 4:01:00 PM

This is God's gift to college girls with no money. I bought this loose powder about a year ago, use it everyday, and still have about half the pot left (which is an annoying little pot, I might add). It comes with one of those cheap little applicator pads, but the pad falls apart and when I used the pad the powder looked a little cakey on my face. Now I just put the lid on, give it one little shake upwards, take the lid off, and use a powder brush to apply. It gives me the same great coverage, totally eliminates shine altogether, but doesn't look as cakey. I will use this product always and forever.

on 5/18/2003 11:57:00 PM

HUGE, Gigantic Rave!!!!!
I have finally found the product of my dreams. Had I knew that NYC was so wonderful we would have gotten married along time ago. (LOL) I am a virgin no more (LOL) This is the best powder ever and the price is dirt cheap. I was considering purchasing MAC's Blot or pressed or loose powder but not anymore. I have found my HOLY GRAIL. After I put this on I was like DAMMMM (excuse the langauge) I look good. Flawless, even skin tone and glowing. I couldn't believe it. Listen, if you don't have it .....please run, no I mean fly out to your nearest KMART, Target or Walgreens and purchase this NOW!!!!!! Everytime I pass a mirror I'm like WOW!!! I can't wait until tomorow when I get to put it on again.