NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - TranslucentNYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/21/2014 9:05:00 PM

LOVE love this loose powder. SO so disappointed it has been discontinued. I used to buy Estée Lauder loose powder for $40 until I went through a recession and discovered NYC's loose powder for $3. I have tried all past and present drugstore and highend loose powders and NYC was by far the best. For the price it works great. It went on smooth and flawless. The staying powder was also pretty good. It also didn't oxidized. Can't believe I wasted so much money on highend powder when this was around. Too bad I discovered it too late. I was only able to buy one container. NYC! If you're listening please please bring it back.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

on 9/20/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder specifically for catching any "fallout" when applying eye shadows.

Because I am one of those types of girls who prefers to complete my foundation/concealer routine before I do my eye makeup, I am always concerned with eye shadow fallout - and especially so because I'm not the neatest when applying my eye makeup, if that makes any sense.

Basically after my foundation is complete I will sweep a generous amount of this under my eyes and work my magic, and then swipe it away with my trusty fan brush when done. Fallout is gone, my under eye area feels super smooth & my concealer has been set just a little more (which for me is always a good thing). Also worth mentioning, I am an olive-tanned skin girl and never experience any chalkiness on my complexion. Not to mention that the retail price for this is 2.99$ at my local drugstore here in New York City. I was able to grab this for 1.80$ at Rite Aid because they were running an additional 40% off on NYC Cosmetics. Score!

All in all, I find the formulation to be super smooth and almost buttery feeling, it knocks out the messy job with eye shadow fallout & helps to set my concealer as a bonus, and the price cannot be beat with a stick. Seriously. Though the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I store this at home, so really no complaints from me.

Will most definitely purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Good stuff and cheap remind me of corn silk powder that you can no longer find.

on 1/19/2012 12:01:00 PM

Admittedly, I haven't had much success with NYC cosmetics; however, this product is a hands-down win for me!

I use this on a daily basis and have never had any issues with breakouts or irritation. It never looks cakey...ever.

This is very similar to another much-loved product for me, Clinique Blended Face Powder, but 10x cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok, as others have said, the only bad part about this is the packaging, the sifter is way to big, even tried to tape back up a few holes and regardless way too much comes out. But there is the option of moving the powder to a diff jar/container or be careful bc its a puff cloud opening or closing. But for $2-3 i cannot tell u how awesome the product/powder is. I have semi dry pale skin, no oil prob maybe under eyes but the powder i swear sets everything perfectly. All over face with a powder or kabuki brush and my makeup is set for the day. I have pale skin so it doesnt look white or powdery and my dry spots dont show. It makes my face look perfect! I use a small brush and pat/swipe a teeny bit on under eye area and this has worked wonders for my liners, normally most will smear or run down my face bc my allergies give me watery eyes sometimes no prob with this powder. I cant believe people spend more than $3 bc this is truly a drugstore find! It will work well for everyone! Get it n try it! Ull be amazed! (They also make a pressed form and thats amazing too- i use both alternate daily. Its $2 so its great too.) I love Nyc for making such great cruelty free products- esp this powder i have been using forever and will continue buying forever!

This is a solid performer, a no frills product. It doesn't promise light diffusion, blurring of imperfections or any gimmick of the hour. What it does is set my makeup without adding any extra color, coverage or cakiness.

As most reviewers here, I think that the packaging on this absolutely sucks. Opening the jar is a delicate operation, in which any sudden movements will send large puffs of powder through the air, choking all those in sniffing distance. Also, the applicator is worthless.

Now for the good part. This powder rivals every HE powder I've tried. It doesn't advertise my occasionally dry, flaky skin when I take the proper precautions. It is invisible on my NC20/25 skin and sets my makeup very well. All for less than $3.

A cheap brush (I recommend ELF) and a refillable powder jar from Sephora will fix all faults with this product, for a total cost that is far less of comparable powders.

I'll buy it as long as they make it.

on 10/1/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I swear, I am never buying high end makeup again. I was previously using BE Mineral Veil without even thinking about how well it works. I was mainly using it because it's suppose to be skin-friendly. I have also used other translucent powders and now I have finally realized I have been throwing my money away all these years. In fact, I was using mainly all high end makeup products until recently. I just thought you can't get quality makeup unless you pay a lot. Not true, you just have to find the right ones that work for you. This loose powder is dirt cheap (I think I paid $2.75) and it works very well. It doesn't look chalky or cakey and gives a good amount of oil control which is exactly what I was looking for. I will forever buy this product.
Note: A lot of the product comes spilling out of the sifter so be careful when turning it upside down. Also, this product has talc in it which is fine with pressed but it's actually not good for you to inhale. Just remember to hold your breath when applying.

i love this powder! def HG material!!!! i have large pores on my cheeks and this powder seem to minimize them. i first bought the pressed powder in natural beige and at first i liked it because it doesnt cake on me but the color seem obvious so i got this and its perfect (the powder, not the packaging). i use a TM, a little blush, and set it with this wonderful powder and i get a nice polished face!!!

on 4/29/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

You get a lot of product for what you paid for and it sets my foundation perfectly. It's also very cheap. The only con is that when you shake it out, it can go all over the place.