New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent
Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - TranslucentNYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

packaging is alright, i have this in medium, it used to provide good coeverage surpsrisingly, when i used it over other base products, however over time it has lost its touch and im no longer happy with my ($2.99) powder

on 7/21/2002 9:44:00 PM

Wow! I bought this when I was looking for a dirt cheap setting powder for my eye area. One day I tried a VERY light dusting of this over my T-zone, and it controlled shine like nobody's business! It worked better than my $22 Neutrogena mattifier, and I didn't have to use my Clean & Clear blotting sheets all day when I went to a wedding. Key is to remove all the excess powder from the supplied puff by blowing and/or tapping it off. Looks very natural. I'll have to compare this to the Sonia Kashuk powder, but in the meantime, major rave! Of course, the packaging could be nicer, but for $3, who cares? EDITED 08/18 to add: I now have compared this to Sonia Kashuk and still like this one better!

This powder is good enough for me! Its a little chalky and heavy (not on the face) but it has great coverage and looks very "light" when its on. It doesn't "illuminate" or work wonders but it does the job!

i think this stuff is great. it is my first translucent powder and it works very well with my pale skin. i had always wondered why tinted loose powders looked so obvious on me but this one looks very natural. i use a big makeup brush and dab it into the powder and then blow off the excess. i use it every day. will surely buy again. great price (under 3.00) and fine packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

As far as super cheap loose powders go, this stuff is pretty top notch in my book. It really does go on colorless, and stops any shine but is also good for drier skin..it doesn't seem to accentuate any flakies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All I can say is WOW! New York Color is another great cheap makeup line! This powder was great, it disappeared right into my skin and controlled shine really well. Plus it's the cheapest loose powder I've ever come across-what an awesome find, this'll be my staple from now on.
Would highly recommend!

on 2/27/2003 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I left my good powder at home last summer while at the shore- and the only store was a Wal Mart. NYC had cheap powder I figured I wouldn't mind ditching at the end of the week.

It came home with me wrapped in ziploc bags. This has a great texture and is truly no color; I have super oily T zone that it controls the oil well and a super dry cheek area where it does not cake or flake.

The packaging isn't great- forget using the wimpy little foam applicator and use a powder brush or a good puff, but it gains back its lipstick for only being $2!

i left a msg at the mua board and ask u ladies which loose powder is good, and many of you told me that the dirt cheap NYC loose powder is good. so, i decided to give it a try! the powder is not finely milled, but it glides on smoothly! super nice! i brought mine at target for only $2.44 +tax! the only thing i don't like is the thin powder puff and the lid, it comes off very easily! will repurchase again for this excellent powder! i got more than what i paid for! =)

on 3/29/2003 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow. Makes your face so smooth and flawless with this cheapo powder! No shine, either. I love the texture.

on 4/2/2003 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm changing my review of this. I wanted to love this, I swear I did, but after wearing it for 4 days my usually crystal clear skin had developed several pimples. I stopped using this powder and sure enough my face cleared up. Looks like I'll be sticking to my MAC Blot Powder. Oh well!