New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 11/28/2017 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder after seeing Kathleen Lights raving about it at her “underrated makeup products”. She was right to some extent..
It’s very finely milled, not too drying on my normal-dry skin & gives the most beautiful airbrush look without looking cakey/overly matte.
But there’s a bone hue to this powder, which alter the shade of the foundation to a begie/ashy tint & It is quite noticeable!
If you’re planning to buy this for the “Baking Technique“ / translucent setting powder - skip this one. NYC should drop the “translucent” title & sell it as a great, affordable powder that it is. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Impressed with this loose powder for how nice the finish is. I don't wear foundation, and have been applying a small amount of this on top of my sunscreen.
To help control how much shakes out, I don't remove most of the sticker --- only enough for a couple of rows of sifter holes.
I also apply this with a flat top kabuki brush.
I usually use MAC Select loose, but I like this better...it's actually finer than the MAC loose powder. My only concern is that this is made in China. Still not sure if I trust ingredients from China.

on 8/29/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very finely milled. Easy to blend. Undetectable on the skin. Matte finish. Good oil control, yet non drying. Good color match. Fragrance free. Repurchasing for sure.

on 7/1/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have tan skin and this makes my foundation look ashy. I haven't tried a setting spray on top because I already threw the powder away.. Yes I don't like it.

Also it makes my undereyes look very dry, cracked and powdery, but on the rest of the face it doesnt control oil as well as Id like.

Maybe fair women that use setting spray and powder sparingly would prefer this. I threw away both this loose version and the compact version, which I found to be better than the loose.

on 8/22/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I decided to try this powder and it just does not work for me two hours into wearing I am an oily mess with foundation missing in patches and a cakey look which I did not started out with,defiantly not a repurchase for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade "Translucent", and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised that I love this powder! It's very comparable to the Laura Mercier loose powder. I use this to set my whole face, baking included. I have very oily skin and most powders don't stand a chance on me. This keeps my oil at bay for a good amount of the day but starts to breakdown at the end of the day. My only complaint is that the packaging sucks. It's very messy and powder flies everywhere when you close the lid. Other than that, it's a good deal for $3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is terrible powder. It starts out ok, but within an hour of putting it on, I look like a giant oil slick. I would not repurchase.

on 12/16/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bought it because of the great reviews here but this unfortunately makes my under eye concealer very noticeable & cakey & whitish on my tan skin after about 3 hours. Maybe this is typical of loose powders or maybe it's the concealer causing this - I wouldn't know. Packaging is also flimsy & messy. Somehow one side of the cap is cracking. I've been using this for over 1 year & I don't plan on repurchasing.

on 1/11/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder better than the Laura Mercier. I honestly don't understand what the whole hype is with that powdee. It's so over priced. Anyways, this keeps my skin matte and its very fine...oh yeah, and it is only $3!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does not work for me on dry areas, it will look patchy everywhere except my nose. When I do try to blend it in better it crumbles and looks uneven. My nose seems to be the exception, seeing as it does mattify it and leave it smooth. Sometimes though I do get a smooth application but the effect leaves after a couple of hours.