New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a great find! For under $3 you get a quality powder, no ifs ands or buts about it! It seems as though even if I over apply by accident I still never get a cakey look. It leaves my skin with a gorgeous finish and in no way am I left with a flat/matte look but yet on the other hand it doesn't add any shine or luminosity to the skin, it just leaves the skin looking refined and smooth. It does not accentuate any of my fine lines or flaws which is very important to me. As far as oil control goes I really can't comment on that because I have normal/dry/mature skin, however, I do get hot flashes during the day which will have me breaking into a sweat, but yet whenever I look in the mirror my skin never looks shiny or "messy" looking so I am taking it for granted that this powder is what keeps that freshly applied makeup look. If you have normal/dry skin and enjoy using powder I would definitely try this and if your oily it sure is worth a shot for under $3.

on 9/5/2004 7:45:00 AM

Shade Translucent.

Packaging Not very good. The cap can't screw on very well, and it may pop open during travel! I transferred the powder to another container.

Other comments Hey, I'm pleasantly surprised. When I first looked at the powder I thought it was too light for this NC35, but I tried it on over sunscreen and it blended very well.

Oh, and I wish I got a powder which was a little more yellow though, so it would spruce up my complexion a little. Maybe I should try beige next! This is a very promising item from NYC - I need to have a look at the rest of the range!

My colouring
Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes.
continued >>