New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/29/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very finely milled. Easy to blend. Undetectable on the skin. Matte finish. Good oil control, yet non drying. Good color match. Fragrance free. Repurchasing for sure.

on 8/22/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I decided to try this powder and it just does not work for me two hours into wearing I am an oily mess with foundation missing in patches and a cakey look which I did not started out with,defiantly not a repurchase for me.

on 9/26/2015 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This powder is so so but it is very messy and product will get everywhere if you aren't careful. It's an okay powder to set your makeup it is a little thick. However if that is the look you are going for than this powder will work for you. If you are looking for something that is a little bit lighter then I suggest trying another loose powder. This powder seems to clog my pores and looks cakey however, it is hard to say considering I've used several different liquid foundations in conjunction with this loose powder. The prices great because it is a drugstore product however, I will try other products to set my makeup. As far as my recommendation it is based on skin type if you want to purchase this product just note keep your receipt one hand in the event you do not like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for a few years now and just love it. I bought it as a cheaper option to my Laura Mercier powder, for days when I was just running to the store (for example). The packaging isn't great, but if you have an enormous velour powder puff, as I do, then it's just fine. I have a very large velour powder puff by Estee Lauder that I bought at the outlets; it's too large to fit into the lid and sits separately in my makeup drawer. But because it's so wide, I just hold it against the top and turn the whole jar upside down, shaking powder on. Then I slather it onto my skin to set my foundation. It doesn't change the color of my face too much, it's silky, it absorbs oil, and it's crazy cheap. I have bought this several times over and have recommended it to friends.

on 3/31/2013 9:04:00 PM

My favorite powder ever. How I use this is by taking a powder puff dipping in powder then press onto my skin. By doing this its being packed into the foundation therefor doing a better job setting your foundation and staying perfect all day. I never have to touch up, or do i get a powdery finish. I use it over cover girl 3 in 1 (amazing foundation) together you get a beautiful flawless shine free finish for hours. The price is amazing $2.99 at Walmart and you get a ton of product. Only issues are alot of product fall out from the holes and the puff that comes with it is useless. But those are not good enough reasons to loose a lipstick or not purchase it. It's just to great of a powder.
And I'm going to be extremely angry is this product if discontinued.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this a few days ago even though I was satisfied with my current translucent powder (Boots #7 from Target). I had been extremely happy to find that HG powder but these reviews made me curious to try this one for my "at home" powder since the Boots case travels so well in my bag. Also, the Boots powder is $12 which is a good deal but of course a $3 powder would be better.

I tried it as a setting powder and didn't like how it did not "sink in" like the Boots. It rested on top although it was invisible. I felt it was not as finely milled as the Boots and I would not trust it to control oil as well as the Boots does. All and all I am going back to my Boots and I need to check out if they have a pressed translucent powder as well. I will stash this one in my car or something for emergencies, but it is not going to live in my makeup bag, even after I transfer it to a Sephora empty powder holder. I just wasn't impressed. I felt that baby powder could have done the same thing at the same price and consistency.

Grr I hate when you try to improve an HG and you end up spending MORE on a cheaper product because you then have to buy the HG over again to replace the Fail. I guess I will stop looking for things when I find the ideal....ya right!

This is just ok for me. Initial application is not bad, but the effect doesn't last long. And I hate the packaging! There is absolutely no way you can travel with it! So I've transferred it to an empty mineral foundation jar with a screw lid. But no, will not be buying again. The pressed powder wasn't much better either.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This product is okay in my book. It's a cheap translucent powder that does the job. I don't find it as silky smooth as other powders I've used, but I don't have a problem with that. I've purchased this product three times! LOL! It lasts forever, and I was using it tons and tons for about three years.

on 4/8/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

This is a great loose powder and so cheap! They give you so much product, it would last a long, long time! I am using the naturally beige one.