New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 1/11/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder better than the Laura Mercier. I honestly don't understand what the whole hype is with that powdee. It's so over priced. Anyways, this keeps my skin matte and its very fine...oh yeah, and it is only $3!

on 12/16/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bought it because of the great reviews here but this unfortunately makes my under eye concealer very noticeable & cakey & whitish on my tan skin after about 3 hours. Maybe this is typical of loose powders or maybe it's the concealer causing this - I wouldn't know. Packaging is also flimsy & messy. Somehow one side of the cap is cracking. I've been using this for over 1 year & I don't plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Does not work for me on dry areas, it will look patchy everywhere except my nose. When I do try to blend it in better it crumbles and looks uneven. My nose seems to be the exception, seeing as it does mattify it and leave it smooth. Sometimes though I do get a smooth application but the effect leaves after a couple of hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this twice now. This comes with a LOT of product, so I obviously like this to use so much of it! I bought this after my NYX HD powder was giving me a gross white cast. I used to use this to set my CG 3-in-1 foundation and do touchups, but now that I use the Revlon ColorStay I only use it to set and then use the ColorStay powder for touchups. At any rate, I find this to be a great at setting both foundation and undereye concealer, but when it comes to abolishing oil on the face later in the day, I find that this can take off the Revlon foundation a little bit. I use it lesser now with the Revlon, but if I were to go back to the CoverGirl (for coverage reasons), I'd go back to this for touchups! I enjoy the fact that it is truly translucent and doesn't cause the lightening or darkening of my skin tone, though I can see this looking light on darker skin tones, but I have no way to test that... I'd recommend trying this before springing for anything more expensive. And that's because it's so inexpensive, try it and see if it works for you and the foundation/concealer you use! Also be sure to experiment with different types of brushes, I prefer to use a dome-shaped powder brush, but a flat-top kabuki could work better depending on your foundation type. A brief note on the packaging, it doesn't close, it's just a simple sifter. I don't cry about the wasted product, again because it's so cheap. Also, this packaging is not drop-proof, I have dropped it on tile and the black lid cracked. It was almost gone, so I was able to use it until I finished it, but just beware of the delicate packaging and the fact that it doesn't close!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Poor quality. Makes face look cakey. It also broke me out badly, probably due to the talc. Will not purchase again. I'll stick to my urban decay face powder, more expensive but worth it.

This stuff is AMAZING. It sets my makeup beautifully. Powders under my eyes just
made me look dry and older but this powder just makes everything look smooth and flawless. Messy packaging but what can you do when it's under $5. Worth a try!

on 5/16/2015 8:47:00 AM

This is my favorite setting powder. I only use it to set my concealer. I put my concealer on and then immediately dip my sponge into this and let it "bake". The first thing I did when I got it was throw the sponge that came with it away, and removed the sifter. It seems like it would make a huge mess so I make sure to leave mine sitting flat on the table. The packaging is terrible but that won't deter me from buying again. This really is a good setting powder. Nothing creases all day when you use this and the baking method. I paid around $3 for it at target.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this powder! It's so inexpensive, you get so much product, and it covers up any shiny areas perfectly, without looking flat. It's very silky and easy to apply, once you get used to the packaging. The packaging can be hard to deal with at first, especially once you first open a full jar, but I've found that tapping the powder onto the lid and swirling my brush around works the best., I would definitely recommend this, and for $3, it's worth trying out, It's one of my favourite drugstore powders.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this powder! It gives my skin a nice satin finish (I'm pretty dry, so anything with a matte finish makes me look dry and flakey) and I don't really need to touch it up throughout the day. I wear it ovr my NYC bb cream and it blends nicely and gives my skin a nice healthy natural look. The price is AMAZING. I think I paid $3 at Walmart for this powder. The only complaints I really have is the packaging, the top comes off super easy, and the holes in the softer are large so you can potentially waste product. Also, if you use too much at once it gives you a whiteish look, but it blends out with a brush no problem. Will he repurchasing and would recommend!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've used this powder for years. At first I bought it because of price. I ran out a few weeks ago and bought a different brand. Huge mistake. The NYC is unscented, colorless and completely sets my foundation. I don't have a problem with being oily. I did notice the Maybelline brand didn't completely set my foundation. I even tried the Bare Minerals powder. That did give me fuller coverage but did not actually set my foundation. The best thing about the NYC brand is the lack of scent. It does not give me a headache, smell powdery or like an old lady. No, the packaging isn't perfect but $3 sure is!