New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - TranslucentNYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade "Translucent", and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised that I love this powder! It's very comparable to the Laura Mercier loose powder. I use this to set my whole face, baking included. I have very oily skin and most powders don't stand a chance on me. This keeps my oil at bay for a good amount of the day but starts to breakdown at the end of the day. My only complaint is that the packaging sucks. It's very messy and powder flies everywhere when you close the lid. Other than that, it's a good deal for $3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have dry skin due to the usage of retinoids. I used this product to set my liquid foundation, and I noticed cracking and patchiness in my foundation almost immediately. I heard a lot of great reviews, so I was really disappointed. My foundation lasts longer without this product. However, I do enjoy putting the powder on when I'm not wearing any foundation, to make my face look more matte. I did not like how the lid is simply a lift top, because I can't really do anything but keep it flat in a drawer.

on 7/18/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

This made my face look so cakey so fast but without even mattifying my face.
It also did NOT set my makeup and did nothing to make my makeup last longer or not crease no matter how little or how much I put on.
Basically the worst powder in the world.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, it's cheap and a perfect setting powder. Awesome amount for the 3 dollar price tag.

I really like this product; especially for the price I got it at $2.79 at Walmart. This is a very lightweight, fine powder with no detectable scent. I use this powder to set my foundation. I just use a kabuki brush to apply this powder; not the sponge that comes with the product (application is difficult when too much powder is on the sponge). I find that this powder doesn't keep me matte the whole day (since i get very oily by the end of the day) without retouch-ups, but this is better than using none at all (and looks better too when applied). As for the packaging, I really don't like it since i can't just simply throw it in my bag on the go since the lid would pop right off, but I really mind. What i do is just wrap an elastic band around the container and I'm good to go! Although the packaging isn't particularly the best, for the price I can't expect more from such an inexpensive product. Although this is such a nice product, I wouldn't repurchase since I'm starting to gravitate towards tinted powders, but if i needed a translucent powder, I would definitely repurchase this one!

PROS:
- lightweight
-fine powder
-no scent
-inexpensive

CONS:
-packaging
-doesn't keep me matte the whole day

I purchased this product when I ran out of the NYC pressed translucent powder and it was out of stock. Great amount of product for the price. I'm not a huge fan of loose powder because I find it can be messy and pressed powders are so much easier to just throw in your bag for touch-ups during the day. Overall a good, cheap loose powder.

I LOVE this product! I suffer so bad when it comes to oily skin, I used pressed powders for that and it just looked awful by the end of the day! I brought this product just five days ago, and I wore it to a party the night I brought it and my face stayed matte all night! So I've worn it everyday since, when I get home from school my makeup is still perfectly intact and my face still looks fresh and matte,
I will definitely be buying this again. Only downside maybe is that the colour is a abit light, which I can only blame myself for buying this shade

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder after reading so many good reviews . It was really cheap . $3 at my local Walmart . So the packaging is alright . You slide/pull the lid off to reveal the sifter and powder . The trick to avoid getting the powder everywhere is to cover all but 3-4 sifter holes. That way you get enough powder out without it being a complete mess . Oh and throw away the little puff. It's useless . Use a really good powder brush instead. Now onto the powder . It's a really nice setting powder . I use it to set my concealer and it works really well. It keeps my face matte and smooth looking . For the price and product I would def recommend trying it . It's a really nice setting powder over all .

on 7/27/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't pleased with the product in the beginning because the translucent powder came off as white on my skin, however it doesn't seem as white a couple of minutes later. The powder does well with oil-control and there is a lot of product for $2-$3. The packaging is pretty crappy though. It's bulky and the lid easily comes off. I recommend you leaving it on a undisturbed surface or else the powder will get everywhere. I still prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

on 3/1/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hands Down! Thia is the best powder ever! My makeup stays fit for the longest, it gives my face a nice look, it is only $3 bucks! For me this works as good as a high end powder even better. U Can NOT go wrong with this! Highly Recommend there is no need to spend more than $20 on a powder when this one does the job && better! Everybody hates the container but the formula its self is AMAZING!