Barry M Barry M.

Barry M Barry M.

4.3

on 6/17/2016 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using Barry M for years and I love the range of colours and decent price. I was intrigued by their latest Coconut Infusion range but skeptical at the same time - it sounded a bit like a gimmick as everyone is raving about coconut oil and I felt they were just getting on the bandwagon. I also raised my eyebrow slightly at the price - even though £4.99 is still cheap for a nail polish, I am used to £2.99 prices for the basic range. That said, I took advantage of an offer in Superdrug to try one of the range in Surfboard (a pastel pink).

It's one of the best polishes I've ever bought. On Monday I put two coats on without a base coat and then used my Barry M top coat to finish. It's now Friday and NOT A CHIP IN SIGHT. The only time my nails lasted this long is when I got professional gel nails done last year.

I'm going to go and buy every single colour because I need that kind of lasting power in my life when it comes to nail polish. I'll update when (if???) it does eventually chip. It's 100% worth the £4.99 price and I cannot recommend them enough!

on 1/11/2015 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Barry M nail polishes are my favourite because there's a wide range of colours and textures, they're just as good quality as the higher end brands such as OPI but they're about 1/3 of the price.
Rrp abound 3 each, they've now started doing matte colours, or also have a matte top-coat for any other colour you want to make matte, plus glitters, pastels, neons, nudes etc.

I'd say they last about 3 days before chipping unless you've got your hands in water a lot and are a nice consistency, 2 coats gives an even finish (as opposed to other brands of a similar price needing about 5 coats)

*TIP when using matte colours; use a normal top coat first then a matte top coat on top- this makes then last longer as matte is notorious for chipping.
ALSO try a plain base colour then apply glitter to the tip, with just a little left on the brush paint it backwards towards the nail bed about half way to achieve a glitter ombre!

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I ask for Barry M nail varnishes for my birthday/Xmas every year, and I have about 30. I really, really rate them; it's close to impossible to try to pick just one as there is just so much choice. I would highly recommend the Gelly nail varnishes, not so much the Croc Effects and the textured ones, as I find they dry a bit funny.

on 8/18/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The Barry M colours are great, having naturally white nails after 2-3 coats i could still see the white bits. I wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have 3 Barry m nail polishes, a light yellow shade, a light purple shade and a light blue shade. I can't remember the names of the shades I'm afraid. I used the light blue one first and that one stayed on my nails for at least a week! Obviously my nails got chipped a little bit but most of it stayed on my nails for ages which is fab! These nail polishes are good for the price and there is a large selection to choose from! Plus, it stays on my nails for the amount of time I want it to! :)

on 3/18/2013 3:35:00 AM

i own quite a few barry m polishes 15 overall. i love them find it hard not buyin another shade when out shopping as there are so many beautiful colours. i would say barry m polishes are my fave they are all displayed on my dressing table cannot fault this product. My top shades are
279 bright pink
272 shocking pink
304 mint green
396 coral
306 blueberry
and my most recent purchase was one of their foil effect ones in gold

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really love Barry M nail varnishes, they have such a huge colour selection as well as being affordable and incredibly decent in quality for the price you pay. They do not chip easily, whether you apply them on false nails or the natural nail, and last an especially long time when you apply a top coat. I currently own seven Barry M polishes (although I'm looking into getting more):
. 302 Fuchsia- a deep fuchsia pink
. 292 Navy- very dark blue
. 279 Bright Pink- a mix of a bubblegum and baby pink
. 349 Rose Quartz Glitter- chunks of pink/gold/silver glitter
. 354 Amethyst Glitter- chunks of turquoise/purple/gold glitter
. 304 Kingsland Road- Very pale baby pink supposed to give a 'textured nail effect'
. 303 Dragon- Part of the 'Gelly' collection, its a bubblegum pink with a 'Hi Shine' effect.
All of these polishes I use on a regular basis and have had many comments on how nice my nails look when I wear them, as well as how long they last. Cannot get enough of these, would definitely buy again and recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I've been using these nail-varnishes for a while now, what I love is the range of colours that you can't find anywhere else. What I don't like, which is a huge no-no for me, is that each layer takes AGES to dry, resulting in my nails messing up.

on 5/31/2012 9:44:00 AM

Love these - I own Block Orange, Coral and Mint Green and all three are super easy to apply, opaque in two coats and never streaky.

on 5/11/2012 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Barry M has a huge selection of colours, one of the reasons why I love this brand for nail polish.
The formula is easy to work with, dries reasonably fast and usually lasts about 3-4 days before chipping on me.
They are usually on offer too which makes them quite a steal for the price you pay because the quality of the polishes are quite good.
Great for water marbling too and I use Barry M polishes for nail art quite a lot; they don't goop up easily.
Love the square bottle too - storage is easily dealt with as they can just be lined up neatly.

Overall, great nail polish for a great price.

Popular Polishes