Buxom Lips Full Color - Sophia

Lips Full Color - Sophia

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I do not buy lipglosses again because I tend to get bored of them and/or find new ones; however, this one is the only lipgloss that I keep coming back to and love. The colour 'Sophia' looks nude MLBB (on me) with a sheen (micro shimmer) which makes my lips so plump. The texture is not tacky or sticky or goopy. It lasts a good couple of hours on me with drinking but it is a gloss afterall. I love the fact that this colour is low maintenance and looks great with anything especially light coloured clothes. I have repurchased this thrice already! I keep coming back to this no matter how much astray I get with other glosses. This is my HG lipgloss! Oh yes, I love the caramel smell and the cooling sensation on my lips too (esp in the summer months)!

Bought this yesterday in Sophia. It is beautiful! Also it just made me happy it has my name :) just like previous reviews, it is very comfortable and not goopy, pigmented and cooling on the lips in a very nice way! A very comparable product to the Physicians Formula Needle-Free Lip Potion which is my Holy Grail for moisturizing and plumping lips (which is very thick and goopy). I love this product its amazing, but the price could be a bit more reasonable but I guess you get what you pay for!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Officially in love! This lip gloss is creamy, moisturizing, extremely comfortable on the lips and have the perfect amount of pigment. They aren't goopy or sticky at all. This one is my favorite. The color is absolutely beautiful and can be worn with any makeup look. I've gone through three tubes of this gloss. The gloss is pigmented, creamy and very long lasting. The tingly feeling you feel is refreshing and doesn't feel like burning. Holy grail! Highly recommend to everyone!

on 11/17/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is such a great plumping lip gloss! Sophia is such a cute color, too. I love this because it's plumping and doesn't burn my lips like lot of other plumping lip colors. It just tingles in a really pleasant and cooling way. It is sticky, but I guess that's the way lip glosses are supposed to be. It also has pretty impressive staying power. The pigment is nice and it doesn't make me look like I am trying to pass as 15-years-old. It doesn't have tons of shimmer like a lot of the other colors do, which is nice since I am pressing 30. It plumps my lips nicely but does not make me look like I just had bad plastic surgery. Definitely recommend this stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for free in a VIB Rouge gift bag at a Sephora "event" recently. I've never tried any Buxom product before and I now see why this brand is so popular. Having said that, if I were buying this product, I'd have chosen a different colour - this is too pale and flesh toned for my liking. However, I do wear this around the house, to the gym, etc. and find the texture lovely and moisturizing. I like it enough that I'm eager to try this product but in a more "berry" or deeper shade.

on 6/27/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Big disappointment, as I love the Buxom glosses (though find the color range limited for my taste- too many bubble-gummy colors). So I had high hopes that being a full-color, non-bubble-gummy product, I would like Sophia. But Sophia is a gloppy mess. It is not sheer like the other glosses and this is a detriment to the texture, look, and feel. It looks like a pretty shimmery bronzey-plummy color in the tube and when first applied. But on me, and everyone I know who has used it, it quickly turns into a silvery mess, with the color almost disappearing as the metallic look takes over. I hoped one of my daughters could use it, but they passed it around between the 4 of them til someone finally tossed it. I also didn't like the brush that comes with this one; I prefer the sponge tip as in the glosses.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm sad to say that out of the 8-10 of these I now own, this was the first one I disliked enough to return (actually, it's the first one I've disliked at all). It's the warm-toned sister to Roxanne; more of a peachy/bronze than Roxanne's rosy-bronze. The metallic finish of Sophia is not attractive at all on me though and seems more frosty than Roxanne, and also appears more orangey on my lips than in the tube. Every time I looked at myself with this on, I felt like a warm-toned version of the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz. It simply did not work no matter what I tried. Otherwise it has the same great formula, texture, pigment, lasting power, taste, scent, plumping effect and all the rest this line is known for which I love. It was the shade that killed it for me so it warrants a two lippy rating, rather than one. I exchanged Sophia for Sugar which I'm so far very happy with.

on 6/21/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is EXACTLY like the shade Ginger, except a tad more pigmented and with a brush. I put both of these on, and I honestly can't see much of a difference. I suppose if you want a more sheer finish, go with Ginger, and if you want something a bit more pigmented go with Sophia.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very pigmented, but too metallic and a little too dark for my taste. I do like how minty and tingly it is, but I'm not sure how much it actually plumps my lips.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have naturally pigmented lips so lip glosses rarely show up on me, when I saw the full coverage lip glosses at sephora I got soooo excited I ended up leaving with the color Sophia (I bought it because it is my daughters name) it's not much darker than my natural lips but it's just dark enough to make lips really stand out without being overwhelming. I pair this color with jordana l/l in tawny and the final result is very beautiful.