PanOxyl 10% Foaming Face Wash

4.2

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Mineral Oil, PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Purified Water, Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays Starch (Corn)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My dermatologists suggested this for my hormonal, cystic acne on my face & when I realized that this was for body acne as well I started using it for both since my body is exactly like my face only worse. That was when I was in early high school & it worked wonders!!!! Since then I have ventured off & have tried other things but I always come back to this because I know that Benzoyl Peroxide does my skin so much good. Yes, it's expensive for $10 a tube & you have to be extremely careful to not stain your clothes or hair but for the miracles this does I couldn't care less about those things. I'm getting married next summer & I know this will be such a life saver for the greatest day of my life!

This dried out my face and made it feel uncomfortable after just two uses. I have an oily t zone, dry cheeks, very clog prone skin with hormonal breakouts. Also hyper pigmentation from previous acne.
This made my skin uncomfortably tight and weird feeling so I stopped using it after the second time.
I'll give it a shot for chest and back acne and see if it works for that but no way is this going anywhere near my face again.

To Read all 121 Reviews, Login or Join

This stuff is a miracle worker! I use it mostly on my back and chest in the shower, about every other day or so. It is pretty drying, but it dries those pimples right up and they go away. If I shower at night and let it sit about 2-3 mins and then massage it with my fingers, I'll wake up in the morning with all of my acne almost gone. A little pricey and the bottle runs out quickly. I will always go to this!

This stuff works MIRACLES on acne!!! I had a break out along my jawline and I have been using this stuff as a mask for an hour at least 2X a day for about a month and now my skin is almost clear... I love the sting when I put it on my face that's when you know this stuff works!! It super dries out your skin so have your moisturizers/creams ready lol. Just a heads up!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As I realize that all products work differently for everyone, I hate to be the one to bring a negative review to an otherwise positive majority rule. However, this is just my experience with the product, and boy, did I have a time.

First of all, I've been using benzoyl peroxide in concentrations ranging from 2% to 10% (depending on the severity of my acne) regularly for the past 10 years, and I've never had such a bad reaction. I used Proactiv off and on from 2006 to 2011 but discontinued my subscription due to a bad customer service experience that took me months to correct, and I've been going back and forth from Topix 10% benzoyl peroxide wash, Equate's 3 step acne system, Oxy's 10% acne wash, and Neutrogena's Deep Pore Cleanser/Mask in the five years since. BP is the only thing that seems to keep my acne at bay. A few weeks ago, I decided to give Panoxyl a try, thinking it would be like all the others. I try to only use higher concentrations of the medication once a day, so I did the same with this. The first couple of days went fine. In fact, some of the hormonal breakouts I had were reduced by like 90%. On the third night I used it, I woke up the next morning and noticed that my face felt really dry to the touch and was red around my nose, so I decided to cut back to using it once every other day. I skipped a day and used it two nights later. When I woke up the next morning, there were scaly red circles under my eyes, visible dry splotches on my face, and--the worst--a huge fire red ring around the base of my neck/collar bone area that was already peeling like a sunburn. My skin has never reacted this harshly to anything, and nothing has changed about my body chemistry (I'm not using any oral or other topical medications) to warrant such a reaction to 10% BP. Even a couple of weeks (and tons of Cerave) later, my normally VERY oily skin still feels a bit reptilian in nature, especially around the chin and forehead. It's obvious that this works well for some, but given my bad experience, I don't think I'd recommend to even my worst, boyfriend-stealing enemy.

I have been struggling with both mild acne and eczema for over a year. My skin is very sensitive and I noticed some new cosmetics broke me out. It was extremely hard to find and acne wash that wouldn't irratate my skin , especialy around my mouth in my smile line its usually were I flare up (eczema). Im not going to lie I was a little scared to try this. I read the instructions carefully and only placed the was where it was needed. Its been a week and Im very happy with this product, Yes I got new pimples but now Its clearing up pretty good almost gone. I guess it gets worse before it gets better in some cases . For extra protection I use vasline on my smile line . This acts as a skin protectant so I don't get panoxyl near it. Something interesting I learned from an esthetician on youtube , if a wash burn or stings when using its actually irratating the skin. Im very glad this product doesn't do that to me !

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This face wash make my acne worse , i try it 3 times and in every time i use it i got new 3 or 4 new acne on my face .. Didn't like it at all !!! Never gonna use it again .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I seriously love this face wash. I have struggled with breakouts since I was 12-years-old. Nothing has been more effective or as efficient as this face wash. The first time I tried it, my face reacted pretty poorly because it dried it out so much. However, I was also on retinoids at that time, which I'm sure contributed to the dryness, so use sparingly. Now, I use just this face wash at night, and use a rosewater toner in the mornings. I have stopped using benzoyl peroxide all together, which in the past, I have applied religiously every night. It really reduces breakouts so fast. I will cry if they ever discontinue this. It's a little pricey at $10 a tube, but I can usually catch it on a sale. Plus, for the results it gives, I'd gladly spend $20 a tube. Try this stuff if you struggle with acne! Just be sure to have a good moisturizer on hand, EVEN if you have oily skin. I have ridiculously oily skin, but it would be worse if I didn't moisturize.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I started using Panoxyl a few weeks ago.. I was getting quite bad hormonal acne around my chin and under my nose, usually it goes away, however it was sticking around for the whole month. After the first 3 washes (I used it morning and night just around my chin) the pimples cleared up to the point they were almost gone. My chin hadnt been that clear in a month, usually my skin is clear and I cannot recommend this enough. It is fairly drying so I didn't want to use it on my whole face. I used it conjunction with witch-hazel and the tea-tree oil water toner by lush and Neal's Yard Beauty Sleep concentrate. Now my face is completely clear with the odd small pimple on my chin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Can't tell you how much this has helped me for the moderate acne that i had everyday i would wake up with 2 pimples on either side of my check. I tried everything from drug store products, extreme diet, antibiotics, creams, to 7 months on Accutane back when my acne was severe it helped but didn't make my acne go completely away. Ive been struggling with acne for 5 years and nothing worked. Ive been using this for 3 weeks and i can't believe how much it has improved my skin! i haven't had a pimple for the past week and its unbelievable to the point where i want to cry lol. And the crazy thing is i used this back when i was in middle school but it didn't help because i was using it wrong so i had it hiding on my bathroom and when i found it i wanted to give it another go and im so glad i did! i use once a day, btw a little goes a long way so only put a small amount! & gently rub it on my face for 30 seconds and rinse it off before i go to bed then when i want to go outside in the daytime i put on sunscreen spf of 55 or a hat. I recommend this to anyone that has mild to moderate acne its AMAZING!!!!!!!