Maybelline Lash Stiletto

Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I was running out of mascara and wanted to try something new. I thought the Lash Stiletto sounded exciting, so I bought it.
It does exactly what the name suggests - it makes your lashes very long but very thin. I had thought there would be some sort of volumizing component but it actually decreased the volume of my lashes. I tried layering it with a volumizing mascara but it just got clumpy.
If you want really thin, long lashes this is the product for you, I just happen to not like that look.

on 6/17/2016 6:52:00 PM

Why have I waited until now to buy this? This stuff is fabulous. I am a big fan of many of the Maybelline mascaras, but my main need is length. I have short, thin, little lashes and any mascara promising volume with a big fat wand is a dud for me. This lengthens extremely well and does almost a better job than my beloved Maybelline Illegal Lengths (the finish on each of these mascaras is very different, but they both lengthen.) I tried Lash Stiletto waterproof for the first time this morning, and it is almost 6pm and they still look long and fluttery. Very impressed. If I start to see any issues, I will update this review. So far, so good. I am delighted.

Update 6.24.16: Okay, gals. I just upped this one more lippie in the overall rating because I have used this every day this week and my lashes look fabulous. Every day is a good mascara day for me now, which is unheard of. A few things....I do comb my lashes before I curl them, and then I only add one or two coats of this mascara. It really goes on well and you don't need a bajillion coats to get an "am I wearing false lashes?" look. I use coconut oil to remove it and while it takes awhile to get it off, I am not pulling and tugging at it.

To Read all 1437 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't have tried it but my husband put it in my stocking this year and wow! I have long eyelashes anyway, so I'm not sure how this works on average eyelashes but it looks like I have fake lashes on when I wear this. no lie! I am so in love with it. It makes my eyes look huge! I will definitely make this a staple! The only reason it gets 4 out of 5 is because it has a really weird smell to it. I cant even explain it. Really strong formula

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I brought this product because i heard that there was a lot of hype about but honestly i wasn't worth it. got it at ulta for like 8.99 it gives good length but that's about it whenever i put it on my eyes they start to tingle like they're about to get irritated and the smell makes me want to vomit it's supposed to smell like roses but they messed up on that to would i buy again probably not.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Totally unimpressed with this mascara. It flakes, the tube dries much too quickly, and the promise of 70% longer lashes is a joke.

Yes, it makes them a bit longer, but I've had volumizing mascaras that delivered more length. Which is interesting because those other ones aren't marketed for that, yet you get both fuller AND longer lashes.

I certainly don't expect a miracle (but wouldn't reject one if it came my way in the form of a perfect tube of mascara), but is it really too much to ask for to get length without looking like I have straight spider legs sticking out of my face? Come on, Maybelline. You can do a lot better than this.

* This does not hold a curl.*

on 1/21/2016 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I liked this mascara. It made my lashes longer, but didn't add much volume. That didn't bother me since my lashes aren't super long, but some people might end up with the spider leg look. The formula was nice, but it did have a scent to it which people may not like. I would probably buy again (every now and then) as it's a little more expensive than my favorite mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have long lashes and this product made my lashes look like spider legs. Im so bummed out about this mascara because I really want it to work. The color is good but they look so messy. Im trying new mascaras because my eyes are now sensitive with Loreal Telescopic.

on 12/4/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have curly but not very long eyelashes, and with this mascara I get the length I desire, they become stiletto eyelashes, I'm not kidding....It stays on the whole day...

I tried using this product a few years back and couldn't even finish one tube. It didn't do anything special to my eyelashes and the perfume scent it had was so strong I couldn't handle it for more than a week. The scent stayed on my eyelashes all day so I couldn't get away! Don't know if all Maybelline mascaras smell like that or if it even has the smell anymore but it was so bad that it has stopped me from trying again.

Did not like this product, didn't suit or improve my eyelashes. Would not repurchase