Maybelline Jelly Gloss- Red Hot Cutie

No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I accidentally rec'd 2 of these in 2 separate swaps but kept one since I don't need two. Red Hot Cutie is a fairly decent gloss. Goes on sheer but it has no shimmer so basically it's a pure gloss. I really don't wear this often but I should if I find something red to wear with it (as in my outfit).

Yay, I finally got one of these glosses. I had wanted one forever, and I made a purchase at a local drugstore and w/ that purchase they gave me this lipgloss for free! Scoore =)
I really like this gloss.. it goes on a very sheer red, well more like a pink. After wearing it for a bit, it seems to warm up on my lips and become a brighter pink. After it has worn away it leaves a deep pink flush stain on my lips. It is very shiny, and very sticky/tacky so it has great lasting power. It smells like Lancome Cerise JT, which is my absolute fave lipgloss smell.

I really want to try more glosses like these, but can't seem to find them anywhere ;( continued >>

on 4/23/2003 3:34:00 PM

A red lip gloss in a cute squeeze tube. It smells just like jelly candy, really yummy and the shine lasts a long time. The downsides for me was that the colour turned out pink instead of red on me and that it was extremely tacky - it was like having glue between my lips but as someone mentioned, it helps keep the colour on longer.

on 9/20/2002 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I prefer packaging that I can stand up on my vanity, but that's nitpicky.

As to the rest of this product, I love it! Now, the color is _so_ not really red, but it's a very pretty deep pink - my mother said "It looks like you've been sucking on a strawberry." The shine factor is fab, and the only downside is it feels a bit sticky. But it has great staying power (especially for a gloss - even when it doesn't feel like you have it on anymore, it's almost become a stain on your mouth - the color is still there). It reminds me of Lancome Juicy Tubes for the high shine you get, but the Lancome colors are not quite as intense (which is why I really like the Maybelline better).

This is such a great product! I usually dont like Maybelline Glosses b/c they have a funny scent.

This one is a sheer reddish orange shade that fades to a pretty stain. Its got a great fruity scent, kind of like Lancome Juicy Tubes. I got this for .99 cents in a clearance bin...I would definatly buy this again if I could (limited edition).

on 8/24/2002 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this from a swap and really love the colour! It gave me a veru natural red colour, similar to Stila's Blush Shine. A cheaper alternative to Stila's Lipgloss. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get this shade locally.