Maybelline Jelly Gloss- Red Hot Cutie

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.3

Yay, I finally got one of these glosses. I had wanted one forever, and I made a purchase at a local drugstore and w/ that purchase they gave me this lipgloss for free! Scoore =)
I really like this gloss.. it goes on a very sheer red, well more like a pink. After wearing it for a bit, it seems to warm up on my lips and become a brighter pink. After it has worn away it leaves a deep pink flush stain on my lips. It is very shiny, and very sticky/tacky so it has great lasting power. It smells like Lancome Cerise JT, which is my absolute fave lipgloss smell.

I really want to try more glosses like these, but can't seem to find them anywhere ;( continued >>

on 4/23/2003 3:34:00 PM

A red lip gloss in a cute squeeze tube. It smells just like jelly candy, really yummy and the shine lasts a long time. The downsides for me was that the colour turned out pink instead of red on me and that it was extremely tacky - it was like having glue between my lips but as someone mentioned, it helps keep the colour on longer.

on 9/20/2002 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I prefer packaging that I can stand up on my vanity, but that's nitpicky.

As to the rest of this product, I love it! Now, the color is _so_ not really red, but it's a very pretty deep pink - my mother said "It looks like you've been sucking on a strawberry." The shine factor is fab, and the only downside is it feels a bit sticky. But it has great staying power (especially for a gloss - even when it doesn't feel like you have it on anymore, it's almost become a stain on your mouth - the color is still there). It reminds me of Lancome Juicy Tubes for the high shine you get, but the Lancome colors are not quite as intense (which is why I really like the Maybelline better).