Filtered by skin tone : Olive

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

on 9/8/2011 3:36:00 PM

I started using this as a last resort. I have been getting staph infections on my face for about 3 years now. I've seen numerous derms and they have really not done a thing for me. My last derm even joked about me being his patient for life. Needless to say, I was pretty desperate. I read online that Hibiclens could help with skin issues, including acne, which I can say has pretty much ceased since using this, even though that was not my main goal. (Not complaining!)
BOTTOM LINE: My skin is soft, clear, and healing from my last infection. I usually would have another one by now, but my skin is clear. I'll update eventually.

on 11/28/2009 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I originally bought this to try on my face but haven't tried it for that yet. I had a cesarean over 15 years ago and every now and then the scar itches. I use this in the shower on the scar, then wash it off immediately and itch is gone. Also, sometimes under my breasts itch and I'll use this for that also and itch is gone. I get crazy back itch (but it's not bacne) and exfoliating helps but I tried Hibiclens on it and it worked great. I will not use it every day but maybe once a week. Have been using it for a few months now and so far so good. I can't recommend it for face acne (since I haven't used it for that) but for random body itches, this is HG. :)
Also great for keeping stinky feet under control. I highly recommend. I picked it up at CVS for about $11. A little goes a long way. It's very liquidy but I poured some in a foam pump and that works fabulously.

on 6/22/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Update: This may work on cutting down acne, but it's too harsh on skin to use regularly. I have since stopped using it and have found a bit more relief w/ adding saw palmetto and a mask (Dark Angel by Lush) to my routine.

This stuff is no joke. Although I had pretty good results from Acne.org Cleanser, AHA, and BP; & it still seems like I'm barely winning the battle most days. I have been relatively patient b/c new cysts seems to die quicker, however it still doesn't seem to be really preventing new one's from developing.

I went out to my nearest Rite Aid to pick up a bottle Hibiclens after learning about it at Acne.org. I did as others suggested, cleanse w/ DK's Cleanser, then buffed w/ a non-abrasive facial sponge + Hibiclen. I left it on for 3 min then rinsed. I did get a mild amount of foaming w/ this method, unlike when just applying w/ fingers. It is also easier to keep away from the no-no areas when applying w/ a sponge or cloth. I follow w/ Decleor balm, AHA and spot w/ BP. No more scrubbing for me.

I think I might leave on for less time from now on. In any case, a developed cyst from today came to head w/in one wash, my overall tone was made very even and developing cysts seem to have stopped. All I can say is wow.

I'm only going to use this nightly, so not to overly dry my skin. I still think that DK's cleanser is good, but it's just not good enough to prevent breakouts. At least it doesn't add to it.

I think I can finally ditch the 2.5% BP, that has been causing red/brown discoloration in my skin. It is also not good to over use BP since it is an oxidant and slows skin healing. My skin is already starting to return to a normal color.