Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.1

on 9/28/2016 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used, its work, but not so good.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was diagnosed with impetigo a few days ago and have been prescribed antibiotics orally and systemically. I read about using and antibacterial soap to wash the area to wash away both strept and staph infections... I did not kow that this was sold at regular stores (I've only seen it at my job at the nursing home)..... I figured ibshiukd try it out for my infection and boyyy did I make the right choice..
My face improved and cleared big time with this cleanser... No irritation.. I mix this with water and washed my whole face 2-3 times a day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For over 9 years I have been battling with atopic dermatitis in my scalp that continues to get infected with staph. I have been back and fourth to the dermatologist and my physician (A total waste of time). I've done countless hours of researching the Internet, trial and error, hundreds of dollars wasted, and sleepless nights (ever tried sleeping with fluid leaking from your scalp?) Nasty! Finally I ran across a site and someone suggested using hibiclense on the scalp. So yesterday I tried it (I know it says not to use on head), but this stuff is heaven sent. For the first night in months I could sleep peacefully. It has dried up all the runny sores in my head (eww) or should I say (yay). It's only been 1 full day and I am definitely happy with the results. If you suffer with atopic dermatitis or folliculitis give this stuff a try, you won't be disappointed.

on 9/21/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is just good to have around the house for any injuries, especially little boys with constantly scraped-up knees LOL. This doesn't hurt fragile or sensitive skin and kills germs. There is a red dye added, and this is useful because it's not a product to trifle with. You must keep this away from any mucousy areas - eyes, nose, mouth - and you don't want to let little kids use it without supervrsion. There's a slight medicinal scent, but it's not overwhelming or lasting. It's a very thin liquid, so a pump applicator would be really nice - I could only find the huge containers with a pump.

My acne has really improved lately, but I use this to wash my face once a week as a preventive measure. Also, I'll use it if something crops up, especially if there's any draining. Even after rinsing off, this continues to kill germs for hours. I've also heard of using Provodine (iodine) as a mask but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if Hibiclens would prove irritating to skin if used daily, but I've never experienced irritation/pain/dryness.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I'll take this stuff over any topical disinfectant I've ever had to try--and I've tried way too many of them! Benzoyl peroxide can go **** itself. What I like about this stuff is that alls I have to do is rinse my face with it and that's it. No redness, no burning, no irritation at all.

To make a long story short (or maybe i'm making it long) I've had some bad periods of cystic acne throughout my 20's and basically antibiotics, accutane, and spiro have been the only things that ever helped me control it. Needless to say, all of these drugs come with horrible side effects so I can't stay on them all the time. Anyways, ever since I was put on it (years ago) I've been trying to get off of spiro because it causes me upsetting side effects (even as it helps my acne) but I knew from past experience that, among other things, I break out REALLY BAD whenever I try to wean myself off it....in fact, my last attempt ended with me going right back on it and promptly doing a 6 month course of accutane....

Wisely, I decided what the hell, now that i've been perfectly clear for months and months why not give it another go? And while I'm at it, why not start using retin a after a years long hiatus? What could possibly go wrong? I totally freaked out when I got a face full of throbbing cystic acne (made a billion times worse after I stupidly rediscovered my love for roasted seaweed on the same weekend). Enter the Walgreen's version of Hibiclens. I've been using it for about a month now and I can't believe how effective it is! No, it doesn't eliminate cystic acne all on it's own but it's seriously THE MOST effective topical disinfectant I've ever come across!

In the morning I use it like a face wash (i nornally keep my face wash away from my eyes in the AM anyways) and at night I wash my face with Cerave and kinda wipe at it with one of those cotton rounds to remove my makeup and then I apply this stuff to my face and gently rinse it off. This stuff is great for preventing and treating ingrown hairs too.

Still, I gave it 4 sticks cause I actually prefer to use the Walgreens version due to the fact that it doesn't contain red dyes. Also, the bottle doesn't come with a pump dispenser--but it's also not neccesary (just makes it easier).

Also keep in mind, I'm still getting minor clogs (need to exfoliate) and the cystic acne (which i was terrified was back for good!) only completely stopped forming when i added vitamin D. I'm not sure if that will help anyone else but for me, D makes a HUGE difference in my crappy immune system's ability to fight acne. Sometimes I also swipe my face with a cotton ball soaked in warm water that has a big pinch of epsom salt in it<-----this sounds weird but look up the reviews; it helps as it supposedly draws out the impurities and it's also just great for oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for less than a week and i've noticed HUGE improvement. I had some weird bacterial infection (or something) in between my breasts that was smelling terrible! I've used a bunch of stuff on it and finally I remembered this may help... So i bought it from the shop and used it for the first time last week. It has worked WONDERS. I no longer have the smell, I no longer have to use powder. frankly, it's a miracle. I've been having this problem for several years and nothing was doing the trick. Finally I realized it must be bacterial if it wasn't yeast so I thought about hibiclens. It's honestly a weight off my shoulders, it smelled so bad (like BO). I will edit this if things change!! EDIT: 3/18/15 - this stuff is still awesome! I use it prob once a week in the "affected area" and it keeps all problems away. I haven't tried using it on my face.. it kinda freaks me out when they say keep away from all mucous membranes.

on 6/15/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't know how you can give a bad review on Hibiclens (active ingredient is Chlorhexidine, you can get generic form or in lesser concentrations). Hibiclens ts a necessity in clinic/hospitals. Great and gentle cleanser for those who are prone to skin infections--bacterial/fungal/and some viral. Regular use prevent recurring infections. It doesn't sting at all on wounds. All drugstores have the generic form which works the same, few dollars cheaper and doesn't have the red color additive Hibiclens add.

on 4/12/2013 5:32:00 PM

Condition: Eczema (severe random outbreaks, otherwise mild but chronic) and Acne (since age 13, am 27 now, I would say it's medium to mild acne).

Purchase date: Yesterday

How I use it:

Twice a day, massage into face for a few minutes and rinse. NO moisturizer afterwards, just a bit of vaseline on lips and other dry spots. I do not use ANY other cleanser than this on my face. I use Dr. Bronner's soap for hair and body, but nothing else.

I'm thinking I would wash my makeup brushes with this, as well.

Pros:

1. Acne AND eczema improved by at least 70% overnight. I cannot believe it.
2. Cheap price.
3. Need to use only a little bit.

Cons:

1. Had to go buy a different foaming bottle so that I could use this better because the liquid is very thin and not very easy to get a good foam going with just your hands.

What I've used for acne before: retinoid, oral antibiotics, AHA, salicylic acid, benzol peroxide, Acne.org lotion, glycolic peels, using only Dr. Bronner's soap on my entire body. Obviously none of these methods worked.

What I've used for eczema before: bleach baths (helps a bit), using only Dr. Bronner's soap and vinegar for hair and body (helps a bit), steroid creams (helps a ton but doesn't take away the breakouts, just deals with flakes).

on 1/2/2012 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Somehow this broke me out even worse and did nothing for my skin. I had really high hopes for this product but all it did was disappoint