Filtered by skin tone : Medium

on 1/25/2014 5:37:00 PM

After mucking about with primers, bb creams, OCM, and rich moisturizers like cerave, my skin became insanely bad! ALL my pores were clogged which eventually turned into the worst acne I've ever had. It turns out that I'm one of those few ppl whose skin hates anything with mineral oil or silicones (which are in everything!) and it ends up trapping oil and bacteria in my skin. Once I figured that out, I needed something to deal with the existing acne infections which were deep and numerous--this is where the hibiclens comes in.
For it to be most effective, you should wash your face with it for at least 3 minutes. It's supposed to continue working for 6 hrs as long as you don't put anything else on your face (as this can neutralize the effects). This is best for acne caused by bacteria rather than, say, hormonal acne. DO NOT get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, which means you have to be super careful if you're washing your face with it. This stuff, along with other good habits (like changing out my pillowcase), REALLY turned my skin around. Since it's not good to overuse antibacterial soaps I mostly only use it as a spot treatment now that my skin has cleared up.
Obviously, everyone's skin is different, so always spot test any new face product--what works for one person, won't work for others. If you're sensitive to red dyes, then check out some of the generic versions. I have tried everything: salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, neem oil, ACV, clays, etc. and none of them have come close to the effectiveness of hibiclens.

on 6/15/2013 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't know how you can give a bad review on Hibiclens (active ingredient is Chlorhexidine, you can get generic form or in lesser concentrations). Hibiclens ts a necessity in clinic/hospitals. Great and gentle cleanser for those who are prone to skin infections--bacterial/fungal/and some viral. Regular use prevent recurring infections. It doesn't sting at all on wounds. All drugstores have the generic form which works the same, few dollars cheaper and doesn't have the red color additive Hibiclens add.