Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I suffer from conditions which I don't care to discuss that necessitate me to shower w this after my bath&bodyworks or VS shower gel I use a travel sized spray bottle (shake it up) to mist this into a more frothy lathery foam. It does not easily lather; it is a runny thin liquid. The trade name product has a bright red dye. Rinse it all down the drain to avoid staining fiberglass shower stalls. Not sure how this would react to porcelain. Use caution it staining ur tub or tile or shower it could I'm just warning you. It will come out with bleach on linens. That is why it is why it is prudent to use white wash rags/towels. After I spray this all over in the shower, I let it sit a couple mins & then I rinse it all off. I was rec'd to shower w it by 2 physicians or if u want it more frothy u can mix half dial anti back liquid soap w this. Do not get it in ur ears--potentially causes deafness! & do not get it in ur eyes, nostrils, nor mouth neither althou they use this as an irrigation sanitizer in root canals at dentists offices so I guess it's not totally poisonous but they have the techs rinse it off (combo this & chlorine it smells like the pool from dear sweet Hades every time I've had my root canals.) You could use this as a small spot treatment but it is meant to be washed off. It is the exact same thing used in institutions as what surgeons scrub in now with instead of bedadine. Exercise extreme caution w this around your face or lovely lady parts/if you are a boy your junk; ...& the rear end. Sorry I don't meant TMI but you need to know this if you plan on showering w it. It is kept behind the pharmacy counter sometimes you have to ask for it althou it is non prescription (OTC). It is some serious stuff, don't play around w this stuff. It's common sense too type precautions but do a bit more research on it than a few MUA reviews b4 u try it. Consult w a health care professional is what I suggest. Don't be afraid of it but do use it judiciously & be diligently reverent about it not meant for casual use but soaking a hang nail in this a couple of times a day will keep the staph out of it sounds trivial but this is a really good use for it we all know how much we hate hangnails/paper cuts buy it just for those if only for nothing else! Every house should have this as a first aid agent. You know those hang nails & paper cuts can be wicked painful. I also healed my feet up from an overzealous pedicurist who scraped off too much callous kept me from getting a bad MRSA bout n my immune system is weak u can pick up all kinda things from salons I learned my lesson I coulda gone sepsis without Hibclens! I'm sworn off pedi manis at salons this really shook me up too it scared the mother load out of me badly! My feet are red & throbby but it never spread past my heels up my leg it's been a couple of weeks I heal very slowly but I can tell ya it may have turned out to be a serious infection w/o Hibclens. It does dry ur skin but to be expected. A large bottle is about $18. I pour it into a small spray trigger travel bottle I keep refilling. I keep the big bottle on the side of my sink & after I've been in public ESP church Christian Meetings shaking hands or shopping touching anything first thing I do when I come into the house is liberally lather my hands w hot water & Hibclens then I can prevent things like colds, flu, etc coming in contact w the public. I lather for a couple of mins then rinse n dry my hands w a paper towel. I didn't have any bad colds this past winter much. I didn't get gastroenteritis nor influenza. So that's something I'm very diligent I insist on washing up good w Hiblcens after being in contact w the general public. It's my OCD kicking in lol!!

on 12/12/2008 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

DO NOT get this product in your eyes, ears, nose or mouth, and read the bottle for other precautions. Use it in a way that you can control how and where it drips. It's a thin liquid-- not thick like a liquid soap or shower gel, so you need to use extra caution. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face in the shower; use it at the sink, again someplace where you can control any possible drips. I use a buff puff single to control it & to de-flake my skin (thanks to urstandingonmytoes and her review!). They seem to only come with cleanser pre-loaded, so I just rinse them out until they're white, and squeeze out the excess water. Then I put on a few drops of Hibiclens and start washing my face. You can work it into a thin lather, adding a couple more drops of water & Hibiclens as needed as you move around your face, or whatever area you're cleaning. This is not a wax on, wax off kind of process. You need to leave it on for a few minutes to give it time to kill the bacteria, or else it's pointless to use this at all. Massage it in with your fingers, or gently keep going over it with a buf-puff, or just let it sit while you do something else. It not only eliminated acne, but it also helps with healing. It got me through my last hormonal breakout with minimal marks, and they're fading very quickly. Run, don't walk, to your nearest drugstore and pick up an 8 ounce bottle for about $11 to try it out. Use it with care and it really will change your skin!