Filtered by skin type : Normal

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was diagnosed with impetigo a few days ago and have been prescribed antibiotics orally and systemically. I read about using and antibacterial soap to wash the area to wash away both strept and staph infections... I did not kow that this was sold at regular stores (I've only seen it at my job at the nursing home)..... I figured ibshiukd try it out for my infection and boyyy did I make the right choice..
My face improved and cleared big time with this cleanser... No irritation.. I mix this with water and washed my whole face 2-3 times a day.

on 4/12/2013 5:32:00 PM

Condition: Eczema (severe random outbreaks, otherwise mild but chronic) and Acne (since age 13, am 27 now, I would say it's medium to mild acne).

Purchase date: Yesterday

How I use it:

Twice a day, massage into face for a few minutes and rinse. NO moisturizer afterwards, just a bit of vaseline on lips and other dry spots. I do not use ANY other cleanser than this on my face. I use Dr. Bronner's soap for hair and body, but nothing else.

I'm thinking I would wash my makeup brushes with this, as well.

Pros:

1. Acne AND eczema improved by at least 70% overnight. I cannot believe it.
2. Cheap price.
3. Need to use only a little bit.

Cons:

1. Had to go buy a different foaming bottle so that I could use this better because the liquid is very thin and not very easy to get a good foam going with just your hands.

What I've used for acne before: retinoid, oral antibiotics, AHA, salicylic acid, benzol peroxide, Acne.org lotion, glycolic peels, using only Dr. Bronner's soap on my entire body. Obviously none of these methods worked.

What I've used for eczema before: bleach baths (helps a bit), using only Dr. Bronner's soap and vinegar for hair and body (helps a bit), steroid creams (helps a ton but doesn't take away the breakouts, just deals with flakes).

on 12/4/2008 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been struggling with cystic acne in my chin/neck area (hormonal, I think) for a couple of years now and have tried just about everything to treat it. I have been using Hibiclens for about two weeks now and I must say that my acne is FINALLY begining to clear up, and I've noticed that very little new acne forming !!! The product is a bit tough to work with because it is watery, so I've found that using a facial sponge, or Buff Puff, is the best way to get a good lather. The secret is to let it sit for atleast a few minutes before rinsing off (I have left it on for as long as an hour). You do have to be careful not to get the product in your eyes, mouth & ears, as the warnings on the bottle will state. A great thing about this product is that it is clearing my acne, but not drying out my skin- even in the cold, dry weather. I have high hopes for this product and will give another update after using it a bit longer.

Upate: I have been using this product for almost a month now and my cystic acne has cleared up tremendously. I also recommended this to my sister, who suffers from acne on her back, who also has had great results (better then she has ever seen). My skin is actually smoother and my foundation goes on great (as mentioned before, this product has not dried out my skin, leaves if very soft). I did find that in my case, I need to use this product religiously. I became lazy and did not use for a couple of days in a row and developed a large acne bump on my chin. I resumed useage and my face is cleared up once again! Anyone who suffers from acne needs to give this a try- well worth the under $12 investment !!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials