Filtered by skin tone : Other

4.7

on 8/11/2017 2:53:00 PM

This is a great product, but I do believe that given the fact that it's an antibacterial cleanser, I do think it should be used only for circumstances that warrant a cleanser like this. From what I've read, it can kill MRSA, and I have personally bought it as per a recommendation to help with a skin issue on my dog (temporarily and I made sure not to get it anywhere near my dogs eyes, mouth, ears or nose), but it's pretty powerful and apparently it could cause hearing loss if you get it in your ear and have a perforated ear drum. I just want to put it out there that you should really read the instructions for use before you start using this for anything. Keep it away from your eyes and ears, and probably nose and mouth. I would imagine if you're using it on your face, it's probably fine, just be mindful. Just saying. But it really did help me clear up a lip fold pyoderma on my dog (that I was careful to wash off well before she could lick that area on her bottom lip) and I used it once when I had a cut and it helped it heal well, in my opinion. I have seen dermatologists on talk shows recommend this for people with hidradenitis suppurativa (had to google how to spell that, lol) and so if anyone has that maybe check into this as an option. I really like Hibiclens and would buy it again in future, I just don't think everybody should be buying it. It's pretty heavy duty to use because of the chlorhexidine gluconate unless you truly need it or your doctor recommended it.

Hg. After 10 years of dealing with breakouts I finally found a product that ended it all. Been using twice daily for 4 months. Skin hasnt broken out once. Cleared up clogging too. I get the cvs version. Wash first with regular cleanser then put a thin layer of hibiclens on face and let sit for a couple mins. Then rinse and go about my day. Changed my life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I'll take this stuff over any topical disinfectant I've ever had to try--and I've tried way too many of them! Benzoyl peroxide can go **** itself. What I like about this stuff is that alls I have to do is rinse my face with it and that's it. No redness, no burning, no irritation at all.

To make a long story short (or maybe i'm making it long) I've had some bad periods of cystic acne throughout my 20's and basically antibiotics, accutane, and spiro have been the only things that ever helped me control it. Needless to say, all of these drugs come with horrible side effects so I can't stay on them all the time. Anyways, ever since I was put on it (years ago) I've been trying to get off of spiro because it causes me upsetting side effects (even as it helps my acne) but I knew from past experience that, among other things, I break out REALLY BAD whenever I try to wean myself off it....in fact, my last attempt ended with me going right back on it and promptly doing a 6 month course of accutane....

Wisely, I decided what the hell, now that i've been perfectly clear for months and months why not give it another go? And while I'm at it, why not start using retin a after a years long hiatus? What could possibly go wrong? I totally freaked out when I got a face full of throbbing cystic acne (made a billion times worse after I stupidly rediscovered my love for roasted seaweed on the same weekend). Enter the Walgreen's version of Hibiclens. I've been using it for about a month now and I can't believe how effective it is! No, it doesn't eliminate cystic acne all on it's own but it's seriously THE MOST effective topical disinfectant I've ever come across!

In the morning I use it like a face wash (i nornally keep my face wash away from my eyes in the AM anyways) and at night I wash my face with Cerave and kinda wipe at it with one of those cotton rounds to remove my makeup and then I apply this stuff to my face and gently rinse it off. This stuff is great for preventing and treating ingrown hairs too.

Still, I gave it 4 sticks cause I actually prefer to use the Walgreens version due to the fact that it doesn't contain red dyes. Also, the bottle doesn't come with a pump dispenser--but it's also not neccesary (just makes it easier).

Also keep in mind, I'm still getting minor clogs (need to exfoliate) and the cystic acne (which i was terrified was back for good!) only completely stopped forming when i added vitamin D. I'm not sure if that will help anyone else but for me, D makes a HUGE difference in my crappy immune system's ability to fight acne. Sometimes I also swipe my face with a cotton ball soaked in warm water that has a big pinch of epsom salt in it<-----this sounds weird but look up the reviews; it helps as it supposedly draws out the impurities and it's also just great for oily skin.