Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Other
 Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin CleanserHibiclens Antiseptic Skin CleanserHibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

on 8/11/2018 3:53:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I had a reoccurring outbreak of folliculitis on one of my temples and my derm recommended that I was the area with hibiclens. I purchased it that same day, washed with it that night and by the next morning there was no sign of the folliculitis. It was like it had never been there at all, my skin looked flawless. I was so impressed that I came on MUA and read all the great reviews about how people use it for acne so I decided to give it a shot. I was having a small hormonal breakout on my cheeks so I massaged the hibiclens into just the areas where I was breaking out, left it on for a few minutes, washed it off and let it air dry. By the next day my breakout was flat and no longer inflamed. A true miracle worker, I will never be without this.

This stuff is amazing! I suffer from conditions which I don't care to discuss that necessitate me to shower w this after my bath&bodyworks or VS shower gel I use a travel sized spray bottle (shake it up) to mist this into a more frothy lathery foam. It does not easily lather; it is a runny thin liquid. The trade name product has a bright red dye. Rinse it all down the drain to avoid staining fiberglass shower stalls. Not sure how this would react to porcelain. Use caution it staining ur tub or tile or shower it could I'm just warning you. It will come out with bleach on linens. That is why it is why it is prudent to use white wash rags/towels. After I spray this all over in the shower, I let it sit a couple mins & then I rinse it all off. I was rec'd to shower w it by 2 physicians or if u want it more frothy u can mix half dial anti back liquid soap w this. Do not get it in ur ears--potentially causes deafness! & do not get it in ur eyes, nostrils, nor mouth neither althou they use this as an irrigation sanitizer in root canals at dentists offices so I guess it's not totally poisonous but they have the techs rinse it off (combo this & chlorine it smells like the pool from dear sweet Hades every time I've had my root canals.) You could use this as a small spot treatment but it is meant to be washed off. It is the exact same thing used in institutions as what surgeons scrub in now with instead of bedadine. Exercise extreme caution w this around your face or lovely lady parts/if you are a boy your junk; ...& the rear end. Sorry I don't meant TMI but you need to know this if you plan on showering w it. It is kept behind the pharmacy counter sometimes you have to ask for it althou it is non prescription (OTC). It is some serious stuff, don't play around w this stuff. It's common sense too type precautions but do a bit more research on it than a few MUA reviews b4 u try it. Consult w a health care professional is what I suggest. Don't be afraid of it but do use it judiciously & be diligently reverent about it not meant for casual use but soaking a hang nail in this a couple of times a day will keep the staph out of it sounds trivial but this is a really good use for it we all know how much we hate hangnails/paper cuts buy it just for those if only for nothing else! Every house should have this as a first aid agent. You know those hang nails & paper cuts can be wicked painful. I also healed my feet up from an overzealous pedicurist who scraped off too much callous kept me from getting a bad MRSA bout n my immune system is weak u can pick up all kinda things from salons I learned my lesson I coulda gone sepsis without Hibclens! I'm sworn off pedi manis at salons this really shook me up too it scared the mother load out of me badly! My feet are red & throbby but it never spread past my heels up my leg it's been a couple of weeks I heal very slowly but I can tell ya it may have turned out to be a serious infection w/o Hibclens. It does dry ur skin but to be expected. A large bottle is about $18. I pour it into a small spray trigger travel bottle I keep refilling. I keep the big bottle on the side of my sink & after I've been in public ESP church Christian Meetings shaking hands or shopping touching anything first thing I do when I come into the house is liberally lather my hands w hot water & Hibclens then I can prevent things like colds, flu, etc coming in contact w the public. I lather for a couple of mins then rinse n dry my hands w a paper towel. I didn't have any bad colds this past winter much. I didn't get gastroenteritis nor influenza. So that's something I'm very diligent I insist on washing up good w Hiblcens after being in contact w the general public. It's my OCD kicking in lol!!

Hg. After 10 years of dealing with breakouts I finally found a product that ended it all. Been using twice daily for 4 months. Skin hasnt broken out once. Cleared up clogging too. I get the cvs version. Wash first with regular cleanser then put a thin layer of hibiclens on face and let sit for a couple mins. Then rinse and go about my day. Changed my life.

I bought this hoping to find something that would miraculously clear my bacne that I've suffered from for over 20 years now. I'm 36, if that matters.
I started using this a week ago, give or take a day or two and was currently dealing with some awful, ugly pimples in my armpit area and an awful breakout on my back. And before anyone reads this thinking it's some skin rotting flesh disease of the armpit, whatever it's called IT'S NOT!! The breakouts on my armpits are not painful at all, there's no nasty foul smelling fluid leaking from my pits that signifies an infection and it doesn't look like my flesh is rotting so no, it's not some skin rotting condition that is affecting my armpits/groin whatever other area of the body that skin condition affects. And yes, it is completely possible to experience actual acne in the armpit area without it being some skin rotting condition.
Anyways, I started using this last Tuesday IIRC. And that is when the breakouts on my face started, I broke in spots on my face I NEVER break at such as my nose (the one on the side of my nose is huge and red! I'm so embarrassed), between my brows, above my mouth and cheek area and a small smattering of tiny angry red whiteheads on my forehead. Even as a teen I never broke out on my forehead and yet, there's a breakout there. It's as if this crap is literally feeding my acne. I used it on my armpit breakout also and overnight the red angry pimples on my pits were bigger and way more red. And they're still there, a week later. My face was clear before using this. And then I had to fvck up my face after so much work I put into clearing my facial acne by thinking my face could benefit from Hibiclens. And now I have to figure out how to undo all the damage I did thanks to this useless shit. Clearly I'm pissed as I write this review with tears of anger and frustration streaming down my face, if you couldn't tell.
Oh, and my bacne? Yeah, Hibiclens made it way worse. I thought the breakout on my back was pretty bad and that it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. This stuff caused more bacne. Oh, and I'm also dealing with a breakout on my chest too since I thought my chest would benefit from this awful crap since I do occasionally get very minor breakouts there too and I do tend to get an oily chest area just like my back.
If you made it this far, please heed my caution and take into account my experience with Hibiclens. I will only be using a Sulfur based wash from here on out since it seems that's the only thing that really seems to help my acne/bacne.
I feel so pissed and frustrated cause of how bad my facial acne is now, acne I didn't have before using this and the fact that Hibiclens made my bacne and armpit breakout worse. I now know the only 2 options I have left to clear my bacne and body acne is Spironolactone and Accutane since I've tried every acne treatment out there, both OTC and Rx (birth control, Differin, antibiotics, etc).
I now have nearly a gallon jug of this stuff, unopened and a small bottle I bought from Walgreen's thinking this stuff would be the miracle cure I needed to finally clear my bacne. And I'm pissed cause that's money I can't get back and I can't use this stuff or else I risk more breakouts.
The thing that makes me cry is reading all the glowing reviews. The ones where they saw immediate results in a matter of hours and even days and all I can do is think "why can't this be me?" Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those that have had way worse acne than me and finally found their miracle product. But, why can't this be my miracle product too?
I want to continue for another week, I'm trying to talk myself into not quitting so soon into using this. I may or may not depending on how bad my facial breakout gets. If it gets any worse then I will need to stop using this.
I will come back and update this review if I do end up sticking with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials