4.7

on 4/25/2018 11:45:00 AM

I love this product. I have the foam pump bottle and the original liquid too. I have had little red bumps on my legs for years that seem to be worse in the winter. The dermatologist has given me many scripts for different creams and nothing works and it can be difficult to cover the large areas. I starting using Hibiclens on my legs and no more problems. My skin is soft and clean with no rash. I have also been using it to clean under my arms, I used to get itchy on warm days and that problem has also resolved with this cleanser. I have not used it on my face as of yet. I can't say enough about how well this has worked for me. What a find!!!!

on 4/15/2018 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I discovered this amazing soap via the HS sufferers' community about five years ago. It truly is a godsend, and being Canadian and living near the border will make the three hour trip to the pharmacy at Wegmans in Niagara Falls, NY to purchase this. The larger sized containers can be ordered in, and will come with a foam dispensing pump that screws into the top once the lid is removed, which is handy. I would never be without this.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Tip: This product is easier to use and control with the foam dispenser. Either buy the larger size that has the foam dispenser or re-use foam hand wash containers from other companies. I re-use the Bath and Body Works containers. I have one in the shower and one at the sink. This makes it much easier to use and apply without waste.

Been struggling with cystic acne for years. Desperate as I’m almost 67. I get multiple breakouts every day or two and can’t keep up with them. BP and Trenitoin are extremely harsh and leave me with a lot of pain. Differin is a bit more gentle but still not particularly effective. I have a derm appointment in the next few days. I’ve also ordered a Neutrogena Light Mask and spot device.
MEANWHILE...I found a bottle of Hibiclens left over from my knee replacement so mixed a few drops into my Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam Cleanser and left it on the lower part of my face (chin/jaw) for the time it took to take a shower. Before applying this, I used my Clarisonic with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Cleanser. I haven’t seen any new bumps and am hoping I might have an edge on this current flare-up. Cystic acne is a huge, time-consuming, expensive, heartbreaking hassle that threatens to take over my life. Hibiclens seems to help. Wish me luck!

on 10/8/2017 2:08:00 AM

This stuff has been a godsend for the hormonal acne that has erupted on my jaw and cheeks since I stopped taking the pill about a month ago.

Before turning to Hibiclens, I had tried benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs, drying lotion, oil cleansing, and hydrocolloid bandages. While none of these methods were completely useless, they were no match against the painful, cystic acne that I didn't even have when I was a teenager. It was red, full of pus, and made it painful to move my face.

Enter Hibiclens, which I randomly read about on reddit. You can buy it from Amazon on the cheap. Mine is the original red-coloured formula and it actually has pump for easier dispensing. The stuff I have dispenses as a foam.

Today was the fourth day in a row that I used Hibiclens. There are still cysts on my jaw and cheeks but I would say that 60-70% of them have cleared. Most are no longer swollen; they're now all quite flat and much less red than they were before. A week ago, I had about 20 blind/cystic pimples. Right now, about 5 of them are still visibly inflamed and slightly painful when touched. That's a huge improvement to me for sure.

I want to mention that I am EXTREMELY careful about applying this to my face. I'm terrified about its potential to cause perforated eardrums and blindness if it were to get in my ears or eyes, so I'm really deliberate about my application.

First, I cleanse with my normal cleanser. Then, I use a cotton round to apply Hibiclens to my jaw and cheeks. I leave the solution on my skin for a few minutes (5-10) before carefully removing it with a wet face cloth.

I've read comments saying that you're not supposed to apply anything over top of it (like, for example, some people say you're not supposed to wash with Hibiclens and then apply a moisturizer) as apparently this neutralizes the solution and thus renders treatment ineffective. But I don't know how true that is because personally, I've layered on things like moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup once I've let my face dry. So, after I've done my Hibiclens wash, I wait about 20 minutes before applying moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup and this has worked out just fine. I just don't like the idea of leaving my skin to shrivel up after doing such a drastic cleanse.

Considering that Hibiclens is probably doing some damage to my moisture barrier, I wouldn't recommend using this unless you're truly desperate. But for me, I couldn't even get 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to make a visible difference on my cystic acne, so I felt a more extreme measure was warranted. I'd rather baby my dry, vulnerable skin and be extra gentle with it for a long time going forward than feel as if I can't leave the house due to ugly, painful acne that's impossible to cover up with makeup.

So if you feel like you've tried everything out there to cure your painful, unsightly, cystic acne, and yet nothing has worked for you, I'd say give Hibiclens a shot. Just...ask your doctor first because of all the associated warnings.

on 5/29/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a medical grade cleanser. My sister, a nurse practitioner told me about Hibiclens when I developed MRSA (scary stuff). Whenever I or my family has a cut, abrasion or infection, Hibiclens is my go-to cleanser.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason commercial antiperspirants and deodorants make me smell sour once I start sweating. I have tried everything and am constantly paranoid that I stink. The other day someone raved about hibiclens on cafe for underarm issues so of course I went right out and bought it. I use it in the shower and use a nickel sized amount. It is really liquidy so is easy to waste if you're not careful. I leave it on my underarms while I wash my face and then rinse well. Ever since I have been using this I don't get any funky smell. I have used a different deodorant everyday just to see how it reacts and I haven't had any issues. This stuff is wonderful and has helped me get some confidence back

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought 4% Chlorhexidine wash under different brand as this is not sold in Australia but also has the red dye in it. I used it right away since the 2/12/16. This really surprised me that it's the least drying cleanser I have ever tried. It leaves my skin soft and clean, not stripped yet I can't feel a film coating my face. It hasn't had effect on my clog pores as of yet. But even for 2x daily, it feels very gentle. Don't get it in your eyes or ears though! I will keep using this. I transferred it into a smaller bottle to make it easier to control the amount coming out. Hopefully it'll become my HG! I use tretinoin cream at night afterwards but nothing in the am as my skin doesn't feel dry

Update 13/1/17
This face wash and a facial buffer (I use from The Body Shop) is heaven!! Literally clear up my skin. I still use tretinoin 0.05% only 1-2 x a week. Since adding in the buffer, it has made a significant difference. HG combo! Thank you Makeupalley, I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you! This product is so underrated!!

Update 24/1/17
I have forgone tretinoin completely and any other chemical exfoliation as well as "purifying" mask. It surprisingly has kept my clog pores and acne under control. I use it 2x a day (or more depending on if I'm sweating heaps - it's summer here- or just feel "gross") with the body shop facial buffer. I used it with foreo luna mini before and the result was ok but the buffer is more effective in exfoliating. I used to think that I need a foaming cleanser that rinses super squeaky clean as I had terrible breakout using a cream cleanser (Neutrogena acne cream cleanser, I'm looking at you!). This one has proved me wrong, with the elimination of the harsh surfactant (SLS) and addition of bacteriacidal agent (Chlorhexidine). Now I'm not entirely sure which one that really resolved my problem. Maybe both as my acne could be caused by bacteria and the harsh surfactant did not help with protecting my skin barrier either. The physical exfoliation from the buffer also helped tremendously, more so than from silicone material exfoliation (foreo).
Ps. This also saved me from a GP who insisted me to take an oral minocycline for an indefinite period. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against antibiotic when absolutely necessary. Since this is acne rather than internal problem, I figured that applying topical anti-bacterial should be just effective on the targeted area (face) and less harmful. I don't want to risk upsetting the balance of gut bacteria with oral antibiotic and the resistance that comes with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This antimicrobial soap saved my skin! I struggled with stubborn chest acne for several years. I tried all the usual treatments and nothing worked. Thank God my dermatologist recommended Hibiclens. In two weeks it cleared my skin! I've been using it for about 4 years and can not live without it.

If you are struggling with stubborn acne PLEASE give this a try. Here's a more in-depth review:

This stuff is amazing! I suffer from conditions which I don't care to discuss that necessitate me to shower w this after my bath&bodyworks or VS shower gel I use a travel sized spray bottle (shake it up) to mist this into a more frothy lathery foam. It does not easily lather; it is a runny thin liquid. The trade name product has a bright red dye. Rinse it all down the drain to avoid staining fiberglass shower stalls. Not sure how this would react to porcelain. Use caution it staining ur tub or tile or shower it could I'm just warning you. It will come out with bleach on linens. That is why it is why it is prudent to use white wash rags/towels. After I spray this all over in the shower, I let it sit a couple mins & then I rinse it all off. I was rec'd to shower w it by 2 physicians or if u want it more frothy u can mix half dial anti back liquid soap w this. Do not get it in ur ears--potentially causes deafness! & do not get it in ur eyes, nostrils, nor mouth neither althou they use this as an irrigation sanitizer in root canals at dentists offices so I guess it's not totally poisonous but they have the techs rinse it off (combo this & chlorine it smells like the pool from dear sweet Hades every time I've had my root canals.) You could use this as a small spot treatment but it is meant to be washed off. It is the exact same thing used in institutions as what surgeons scrub in now with instead of bedadine. Exercise extreme caution w this around your face or lovely lady parts/if you are a boy your junk; ...& the rear end. Sorry I don't meant TMI but you need to know this if you plan on showering w it. It is kept behind the pharmacy counter sometimes you have to ask for it althou it is non prescription (OTC). It is some serious stuff, don't play around w this stuff. It's common sense too type precautions but do a bit more research on it than a few MUA reviews b4 u try it. Consult w a health care professional is what I suggest. Don't be afraid of it but do use it judiciously & be diligently reverent about it not meant for casual use but soaking a hang nail in this a couple of times a day will keep the staph out of it sounds trivial but this is a really good use for it we all know how much we hate hangnails/paper cuts buy it just for those if only for nothing else! Every house should have this as a first aid agent. You know those hang nails & paper cuts can be wicked painful. I also healed my feet up from an overzealous pedicurist who scraped off too much callous kept me from getting a bad MRSA bout n my immune system is weak u can pick up all kinda things from salons I learned my lesson I coulda gone sepsis without Hibclens! I'm sworn off pedi manis at salons this really shook me up too it scared the mother load out of me badly! My feet are red & throbby but it never spread past my heels up my leg it's been a couple of weeks I heal very slowly but I can tell ya it may have turned out to be a serious infection w/o Hibclens. It does dry ur skin but to be expected. A large bottle is about $18. I pour it into a small spray trigger travel bottle I keep refilling. I keep the big bottle on the side of my sink & after I've been in public ESP church Christian Meetings shaking hands or shopping touching anything first thing I do when I come into the house is liberally lather my hands w hot water & Hibclens then I can prevent things like colds, flu, etc coming in contact w the public. I lather for a couple of mins then rinse n dry my hands w a paper towel. I didn't have any bad colds this past winter much. I didn't get gastroenteritis nor influenza. So that's something I'm very diligent I insist on washing up good w Hiblcens after being in contact w the general public. It's my OCD kicking in lol!!