Filtered by skin type : Other
Hibiclens

Hg. After 10 years of dealing with breakouts I finally found a product that ended it all. Been using twice daily for 4 months. Skin hasnt broken out once. Cleared up clogging too. I get the cvs version. Wash first with regular cleanser then put a thin layer of hibiclens on face and let sit for a couple mins. Then rinse and go about my day. Changed my life.

on 8/11/2017 2:53:00 PM

This is a great product, but I do believe that given the fact that it's an antibacterial cleanser, I do think it should be used only for circumstances that warrant a cleanser like this. From what I've read, it can kill MRSA, and I have personally bought it as per a recommendation to help with a skin issue on my dog (temporarily and I made sure not to get it anywhere near my dogs eyes, mouth, ears or nose), but it's pretty powerful and apparently it could cause hearing loss if you get it in your ear and have a perforated ear drum. I just want to put it out there that you should really read the instructions for use before you start using this for anything. Keep it away from your eyes and ears, and probably nose and mouth. I would imagine if you're using it on your face, it's probably fine, just be mindful. Just saying. But it really did help me clear up a lip fold pyoderma on my dog (that I was careful to wash off well before she could lick that area on her bottom lip) and I used it once when I had a cut and it helped it heal well, in my opinion. I have seen dermatologists on talk shows recommend this for people with hidradenitis suppurativa (had to google how to spell that, lol) and so if anyone has that maybe check into this as an option. I really like Hibiclens and would buy it again in future, I just don't think everybody should be buying it. It's pretty heavy duty to use because of the chlorhexidine gluconate unless you truly need it or your doctor recommended it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials