Filtered by age: 30-35

4.8

on 8/11/2017 2:53:00 PM

This is a great product, but I do believe that given the fact that it's an antibacterial cleanser, I do think it should be used only for circumstances that warrant a cleanser like this. From what I've read, it can kill MRSA, and I have personally bought it as per a recommendation to help with a skin issue on my dog (temporarily and I made sure not to get it anywhere near my dogs eyes, mouth, ears or nose), but it's pretty powerful and apparently it could cause hearing loss if you get it in your ear and have a perforated ear drum. I just want to put it out there that you should really read the instructions for use before you start using this for anything. Keep it away from your eyes and ears, and probably nose and mouth. I would imagine if you're using it on your face, it's probably fine, just be mindful. Just saying. But it really did help me clear up a lip fold pyoderma on my dog (that I was careful to wash off well before she could lick that area on her bottom lip) and I used it once when I had a cut and it helped it heal well, in my opinion. I have seen dermatologists on talk shows recommend this for people with hidradenitis suppurativa (had to google how to spell that, lol) and so if anyone has that maybe check into this as an option. I really like Hibiclens and would buy it again in future, I just don't think everybody should be buying it. It's pretty heavy duty to use because of the chlorhexidine gluconate unless you truly need it or your doctor recommended it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For over 9 years I have been battling with atopic dermatitis in my scalp that continues to get infected with staph. I have been back and fourth to the dermatologist and my physician (A total waste of time). I've done countless hours of researching the Internet, trial and error, hundreds of dollars wasted, and sleepless nights (ever tried sleeping with fluid leaking from your scalp?) Nasty! Finally I ran across a site and someone suggested using hibiclense on the scalp. So yesterday I tried it (I know it says not to use on head), but this stuff is heaven sent. For the first night in months I could sleep peacefully. It has dried up all the runny sores in my head (eww) or should I say (yay). It's only been 1 full day and I am definitely happy with the results. If you suffer with atopic dermatitis or folliculitis give this stuff a try, you won't be disappointed.

on 11/24/2015 10:39:00 AM

Had the worst acne of my life after using clarasonic. It literally looked like my skin was burned off and every pore was clogged. I literally cleared it by using noxema bacteria clearing cleanser, this wonderful cleanser, and cure zone silver gel as my moisturizer. This literally made all my pimples disappear overnight. This will be my new regimen.

Hg. After 10 years of dealing with breakouts I finally found a product that ended it all. Been using twice daily for 4 months. Skin hasnt broken out once. Cleared up clogging too. I get the cvs version. Wash first with regular cleanser then put a thin layer of hibiclens on face and let sit for a couple mins. Then rinse and go about my day. Changed my life.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for less than a week and i've noticed HUGE improvement. I had some weird bacterial infection (or something) in between my breasts that was smelling terrible! I've used a bunch of stuff on it and finally I remembered this may help... So i bought it from the shop and used it for the first time last week. It has worked WONDERS. I no longer have the smell, I no longer have to use powder. frankly, it's a miracle. I've been having this problem for several years and nothing was doing the trick. Finally I realized it must be bacterial if it wasn't yeast so I thought about hibiclens. It's honestly a weight off my shoulders, it smelled so bad (like BO). I will edit this if things change!! EDIT: 3/18/15 - this stuff is still awesome! I use it prob once a week in the "affected area" and it keeps all problems away. I haven't tried using it on my face.. it kinda freaks me out when they say keep away from all mucous membranes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I have body acne and this product is the best for clearing it up. I use this product in the shower just like a body splash on the areas that are problematic and acne-prone. After splashing it on my skin, I rinse it off. It helps to clean up/heal existing spots and prevent future flare ups. There are generic forms of Hibiclens on the market, but I have found them to be inferior for my problem (I have tried the CVS & Walgreens generics).

on 5/7/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

been using the product for about a month to trat skin infections and it if great .

on 7/22/2011 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing. It's a miracle product for me in fact.

I've tried every over the counter acne treatment and every drugstore cleanser, lotion, cream etc. I was also on a fairly strong anti-biotic for acne for a couple of years. Those worked at the time but I wasn't able to continue them.
My acne flared up again and it was getting to the point where I was waking up to a new patches of very sore spots and painful cystic spots, everyday. It started to really get me down.

I came across Hibiclens, (Hibiscrub in the UK), whilst desperately googling for something new to try. I got hold of some straight away and started using it twice a day. The very next day my skin had started to clear up. In 5 days it was 80% clear and in 2 weeks every single spot had gone. I still had a few reddish marks where they had been but within 2 months all those had gone too. It's been 4 months now and I don't have acne anymore. I get the odd 'normal' looking spot just before my period but it goes in a couple of days.

I have normal skin for the first time in 15 years and I put that down to using Hibiclens.

I use twice a day.I always wash my make up off first with a paraben free, oil free gel cleanser, then palm some of the red liquid and apply carefully with my fingers. I work it into a white creamy lather on my skin before adding a little water to foam it up slightly. Then finally squeeze eyes and mouth shut and rinse my cheeks with hot water, making sure to get it all off. As it continues to work over some hours, I don't moisturise at night so nothing can interfer with the process.

It is not made as a facial skin product so use with some caution. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes (screw them up tight and rinse very carefully), or your mouth and nose. It's very runny so you may find it easier to apply with a cotton pad depending on where you want it to go. The bottle can be awkward but easily dispensed into a little travel bottle with a pump if you like.

I would never be without it now. I wish I'd found it years ago.

on 6/22/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Update: This may work on cutting down acne, but it's too harsh on skin to use regularly. I have since stopped using it and have found a bit more relief w/ adding saw palmetto and a mask (Dark Angel by Lush) to my routine.

This stuff is no joke. Although I had pretty good results from Acne.org Cleanser, AHA, and BP; & it still seems like I'm barely winning the battle most days. I have been relatively patient b/c new cysts seems to die quicker, however it still doesn't seem to be really preventing new one's from developing.

I went out to my nearest Rite Aid to pick up a bottle Hibiclens after learning about it at Acne.org. I did as others suggested, cleanse w/ DK's Cleanser, then buffed w/ a non-abrasive facial sponge + Hibiclen. I left it on for 3 min then rinsed. I did get a mild amount of foaming w/ this method, unlike when just applying w/ fingers. It is also easier to keep away from the no-no areas when applying w/ a sponge or cloth. I follow w/ Decleor balm, AHA and spot w/ BP. No more scrubbing for me.

I think I might leave on for less time from now on. In any case, a developed cyst from today came to head w/in one wash, my overall tone was made very even and developing cysts seem to have stopped. All I can say is wow.

I'm only going to use this nightly, so not to overly dry my skin. I still think that DK's cleanser is good, but it's just not good enough to prevent breakouts. At least it doesn't add to it.

I think I can finally ditch the 2.5% BP, that has been causing red/brown discoloration in my skin. It is also not good to over use BP since it is an oxidant and slows skin healing. My skin is already starting to return to a normal color.