Filtered by age: 25-29

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought 4% Chlorhexidine wash under different brand as this is not sold in Australia but also has the red dye in it. I used it right away since the 2/12/16. This really surprised me that it's the least drying cleanser I have ever tried. It leaves my skin soft and clean, not stripped yet I can't feel a film coating my face. It hasn't had effect on my clog pores as of yet. But even for 2x daily, it feels very gentle. Don't get it in your eyes or ears though! I will keep using this. I transferred it into a smaller bottle to make it easier to control the amount coming out. Hopefully it'll become my HG! I use tretinoin cream at night afterwards but nothing in the am as my skin doesn't feel dry

Update 13/1/17
This face wash and a facial buffer (I use from The Body Shop) is heaven!! Literally clear up my skin. I still use tretinoin 0.05% only 1-2 x a week. Since adding in the buffer, it has made a significant difference. HG combo! Thank you Makeupalley, I wouldn't have known if it weren't for you! This product is so underrated!!

Update 24/1/17
I have forgone tretinoin completely and any other chemical exfoliation as well as "purifying" mask. It surprisingly has kept my clog pores and acne under control. I use it 2x a day (or more depending on if I'm sweating heaps - it's summer here- or just feel "gross") with the body shop facial buffer. I used it with foreo luna mini before and the result was ok but the buffer is more effective in exfoliating. I used to think that I need a foaming cleanser that rinses super squeaky clean as I had terrible breakout using a cream cleanser (Neutrogena acne cream cleanser, I'm looking at you!). This one has proved me wrong, with the elimination of the harsh surfactant (SLS) and addition of bacteriacidal agent (Chlorhexidine). Now I'm not entirely sure which one that really resolved my problem. Maybe both as my acne could be caused by bacteria and the harsh surfactant did not help with protecting my skin barrier either. The physical exfoliation from the buffer also helped tremendously, more so than from silicone material exfoliation (foreo).
Ps. This also saved me from a GP who insisted me to take an oral minocycline for an indefinite period. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against antibiotic when absolutely necessary. Since this is acne rather than internal problem, I figured that applying topical anti-bacterial should be just effective on the targeted area (face) and less harmful. I don't want to risk upsetting the balance of gut bacteria with oral antibiotic and the resistance that comes with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was diagnosed with impetigo a few days ago and have been prescribed antibiotics orally and systemically. I read about using and antibacterial soap to wash the area to wash away both strept and staph infections... I did not kow that this was sold at regular stores (I've only seen it at my job at the nursing home)..... I figured ibshiukd try it out for my infection and boyyy did I make the right choice..
My face improved and cleared big time with this cleanser... No irritation.. I mix this with water and washed my whole face 2-3 times a day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I'll take this stuff over any topical disinfectant I've ever had to try--and I've tried way too many of them! Benzoyl peroxide can go **** itself. What I like about this stuff is that alls I have to do is rinse my face with it and that's it. No redness, no burning, no irritation at all.

To make a long story short (or maybe i'm making it long) I've had some bad periods of cystic acne throughout my 20's and basically antibiotics, accutane, and spiro have been the only things that ever helped me control it. Needless to say, all of these drugs come with horrible side effects so I can't stay on them all the time. Anyways, ever since I was put on it (years ago) I've been trying to get off of spiro because it causes me upsetting side effects (even as it helps my acne) but I knew from past experience that, among other things, I break out REALLY BAD whenever I try to wean myself off it....in fact, my last attempt ended with me going right back on it and promptly doing a 6 month course of accutane....

Wisely, I decided what the hell, now that i've been perfectly clear for months and months why not give it another go? And while I'm at it, why not start using retin a after a years long hiatus? What could possibly go wrong? I totally freaked out when I got a face full of throbbing cystic acne (made a billion times worse after I stupidly rediscovered my love for roasted seaweed on the same weekend). Enter the Walgreen's version of Hibiclens. I've been using it for about a month now and I can't believe how effective it is! No, it doesn't eliminate cystic acne all on it's own but it's seriously THE MOST effective topical disinfectant I've ever come across!

In the morning I use it like a face wash (i nornally keep my face wash away from my eyes in the AM anyways) and at night I wash my face with Cerave and kinda wipe at it with one of those cotton rounds to remove my makeup and then I apply this stuff to my face and gently rinse it off. This stuff is great for preventing and treating ingrown hairs too.

Still, I gave it 4 sticks cause I actually prefer to use the Walgreens version due to the fact that it doesn't contain red dyes. Also, the bottle doesn't come with a pump dispenser--but it's also not neccesary (just makes it easier).

Also keep in mind, I'm still getting minor clogs (need to exfoliate) and the cystic acne (which i was terrified was back for good!) only completely stopped forming when i added vitamin D. I'm not sure if that will help anyone else but for me, D makes a HUGE difference in my crappy immune system's ability to fight acne. Sometimes I also swipe my face with a cotton ball soaked in warm water that has a big pinch of epsom salt in it<-----this sounds weird but look up the reviews; it helps as it supposedly draws out the impurities and it's also just great for oily skin.

on 1/25/2014 5:37:00 PM

After mucking about with primers, bb creams, OCM, and rich moisturizers like cerave, my skin became insanely bad! ALL my pores were clogged which eventually turned into the worst acne I've ever had. It turns out that I'm one of those few ppl whose skin hates anything with mineral oil or silicones (which are in everything!) and it ends up trapping oil and bacteria in my skin. Once I figured that out, I needed something to deal with the existing acne infections which were deep and numerous--this is where the hibiclens comes in.
For it to be most effective, you should wash your face with it for at least 3 minutes. It's supposed to continue working for 6 hrs as long as you don't put anything else on your face (as this can neutralize the effects). This is best for acne caused by bacteria rather than, say, hormonal acne. DO NOT get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, which means you have to be super careful if you're washing your face with it. This stuff, along with other good habits (like changing out my pillowcase), REALLY turned my skin around. Since it's not good to overuse antibacterial soaps I mostly only use it as a spot treatment now that my skin has cleared up.
Obviously, everyone's skin is different, so always spot test any new face product--what works for one person, won't work for others. If you're sensitive to red dyes, then check out some of the generic versions. I have tried everything: salicylic acid, tea tree oil, sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, neem oil, ACV, clays, etc. and none of them have come close to the effectiveness of hibiclens.

on 4/12/2013 5:32:00 PM

Condition: Eczema (severe random outbreaks, otherwise mild but chronic) and Acne (since age 13, am 27 now, I would say it's medium to mild acne).

Purchase date: Yesterday

How I use it:

Twice a day, massage into face for a few minutes and rinse. NO moisturizer afterwards, just a bit of vaseline on lips and other dry spots. I do not use ANY other cleanser than this on my face. I use Dr. Bronner's soap for hair and body, but nothing else.

I'm thinking I would wash my makeup brushes with this, as well.

Pros:

1. Acne AND eczema improved by at least 70% overnight. I cannot believe it.
2. Cheap price.
3. Need to use only a little bit.

Cons:

1. Had to go buy a different foaming bottle so that I could use this better because the liquid is very thin and not very easy to get a good foam going with just your hands.

What I've used for acne before: retinoid, oral antibiotics, AHA, salicylic acid, benzol peroxide, Acne.org lotion, glycolic peels, using only Dr. Bronner's soap on my entire body. Obviously none of these methods worked.

What I've used for eczema before: bleach baths (helps a bit), using only Dr. Bronner's soap and vinegar for hair and body (helps a bit), steroid creams (helps a ton but doesn't take away the breakouts, just deals with flakes).

Guys...I have tried tens of products over the years, battling blackheads, red angry pimples, and the dreaded cystic acne that has left pits on my cheeks. My father said in passing one time to try Hibiclens. He had been advised to use it for something else, I believe, other than the facial area, but that's what he and I religiously use it for now!!!
My skin is genuinely 98% clear now. I kid you not. Battling with drying creams and ointments is gone. Also, after doing some research on this product, do NOT get this in your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc. I just take a bit in my hands, rub on my face, and use my Clarisonic Mia brush for 1 minute. It's actually used in surgical settings and there's no need to let it sit on your face/skin for minutes at a time. It can effectively kill bacteria in about the time it takes to wash your hands (part of its original purpose). Additionally, it continues to kill bacteria for 6 hours after it's on your skin, so covering it with multiple other chemicals, such as moisturizer, etc will actually minimize its effectiveness. All I can say is while I wish I'd found out about this product years ago, I am truly grateful for the amazing skin it's given me today!