E.L.F. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder-- ALL SHADES

E.L.F. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder-- ALL SHADES

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, MAY CONTAIN Iron Oxides (CI 77491 CI 77492)

i just got this im not really a fan im a caramel skin tone and after I apply this I have to put a colored powder on top so that I don't look like I have chalk on my face.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have used this product for years, because it's light enough to set foundation without adding any heaviness to the finished look. There's nothing worse than looking like you're wearing a kabuki mask. Eww.

That's why I love this translucent powder. It gives a simple, soft look that can be used to set makeup, or even just used by itself to look fresh faced. But be careful; if you apply this in order to cover imperfections, you WILL get that dreaded mask face.

There's really no way around it. So if you're looking for more coverage from a pressed powder, E.L.F. has some really great ones, so go for those instead of picking up this one.

*Note: Don't be alarmed by the light look of the translucent powder. I'm an NC35, and this is perfectly fine and blends great, as long as it's used in moderation and for its intended purpose.

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

For once this is not going to b a good review. I like Elf and their cruelty free awesomeness but this powder was a miss 4 me. It looks pretty in person but other powders look better. It's the white out. I like the pale look, I am fair skinned. But The color is weird and it whites you out and looks horrible in pictures. It does the job setting makeup tho. It may work for some people but on my skin it looks aweful.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used this with a brush to set my foundation, which worked well for me, but it didn't really control my oiliness. Not wowed, but also not disappointed with the product. The reason I wouldn't purchase this again was because the packaging seems really excessive for so little product. That felt wasteful to me.

on 6/25/2015 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is great for blotting on oily areas. I'm very fair, and the powder looks scarily dark on the sponge, but if I just dab it on with the sponge it doesn't make my skin look orange. I got it on sale 40% off, so it was an amazing value. The packaging feels sturdy and it comes with a nice mirror.

on 4/7/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i bought this accidentally online because i think it's good.
It's just a drugstore ordinary pressed powder, nothing special about it. My skin is pale, and this pressed powder do nothing with it.
It's just didn't blend as good as other drugstore's pressed powder, and i hate the super tiny-mini powder spons, it's hard to put the powder on my face, and the packaging can be categorized "mini & thin size"

This powder just do nothing to your complexion.

on 2/10/2015 5:30:00 PM

I looooove this powder!! I have very oily skin and this powder does the job! I mean, its not a Blot Powder (M.A.C) but its a very good and cheap option. Would definitely buy again :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Overall good product from elf. I keep this in work for touch ups a few times a day. Doesnt make you cakey if you just pat it on shiny areas. Good packaging considering the price. Its something worth having on hand.

on 2/6/2015 3:02:00 PM

I got this product for free when E.L.F. Accidentally mailed me someone else's order. I tried the powder which coincidentally is the first powder I ever tried. I first tried using it with a brush but wayyyy too much product was left even after tapping the brush and I tried over a few days with a lighter hand but always the powder was visible and looked cakey. If you use the sponge applicator it is wayyy better and applies well and for me does the job and keeps the oil away all day. Unfortunately it makes my face paler so I stopped using it all over my face and only in the areas that get oily which happens to be areas you would normally highlight. So in a weird way this product helps me highlights my face in all the right places and keep the oil away. I would not recommend this product to someone with oily skin but this is just right for my combo skin. It will cling to dry patches though so moisturizer well. I won't repurchase again but hey it was free. This product does make me think I need powder in my makeup routine now but once the three that were mailed to me are gone I'll try a different brand. Although that may be a long while from now because I've been using it for about a week and it seems like it'll last me a year for one compact! A little goes a long way and it helps blur imperfections a bit.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not great but not that bad.
It did mattify as any powder will but it did not control oil.
It also is not very translucent. it will leave a light cast on the skin that does not look natural.
I think it would be best for light skin tones.