e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Concealer and highlight were hard for me to blend. Highlighter doesn't really highlight, just glitter in white goop. And the highlighter kept leaking, definitely would not buy again.

on 3/10/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoy elf products for the affordability and variety but some of their products are simply not worth the time and this is one of them.
This concealer is watery and will crease no matter how much you blend and set with a powder. And the white highlight is nice at first but has little staying power.
I'll stick to my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer!

Doesn't cover a thing. And the "highlight" end is just a glittery mess. Pass!

The concealer is very watery and has incredibly minimal coverage. When I use it all it does is lighten my skin, it does not cover under eye circles or blemishes. The highlight is not most peoples cup of tea but it looks nice on one that likes a more natural but shimmery glow. I like the highlighter more than the concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This undereye concealer was pretty disappointing. It's one of the more liquidy concealers that I've owned and it creased so easily. It didn't provide good coverage for my dark circles and it was very sheer. I would only recommend this product to people who don't have really dark circles or like really sheer makeup. Not my favorite product from e.l.f ☹

on 5/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

The HIGHLIGHT isn't my thing. I like a highlight w/ a lot of shimmer that'll give me a glow. The highlight would be GREAT for someone that wants a natural highlighter.

The CONCEALER is okay. I prefer the HD concealer that's also from E.L.F for the same price. The concealer runs out too quick and doesn't pick up much product..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?

on 1/31/2016 8:27:00 PM

Concealer is too thin and watery, two layers didn't give much coverage. Creased pretty quickly for me after setting with powder.

Color wise, the light shade is very chalky and might look good on very cool toned skin but not on warm toned skin.

Highlighter shows up mostly as sparkles on my skin, which isn't what I was going for, but if you wanted lots of shimmer you might like the highlighter.

on 11/11/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hate for this product. I have just replaced my beloved touche eclat with this beauty! $3 versus $42?!?! Nothing can touch it. I actually tried it all over my face today to see how it wears. I think it might be a little too moisturizing for my oily skin, but in a pinch it works better than any other foundation I've tried. Most a re very cakey...even the TM's and BB's I've tried. I don't need to cover much, but this is just enough.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you have prominent dark circles or need a heavy duty concealer as opposed to a light-coverage one, then steer clear of this product!! In itself, this isn't a bad concealer. It doesn't crease. The texture is a bit on the thinner side but still nice and easy to work with. I got mine in the color light/glow which is a perfect match for my fair skin tone.

The downside is that this concealer is definitely on the sheer side. I have hereditary dark circles that are not helped by lack of sleep, and this really doesn't cover them up all at. It does okay at covering blemishes, and does nothing really to conceal scarring, etc. Yes the price is super cheap (around three dollars, I want to say) but you truly aren't getting that much product (.4 fl oz and that is with half being the highlighter.)

As far as the highlight is concerned, I did NOT realize how disco-ball-esque it was when I looked at it in the store. Got home to take a closer look and realized there is an extreme amount of intense silver, blue, and purple glitter & shimmer all throughout the white liquid-y highlighter. I don't use highlighter on my face. I have what I consider to be noticeable scarring, and anything shiny on my cheeks, well... highlights the scarring. Even if I were to use those types of products, I don't see how this would be usable on any skin tone.

I am quite fair and even just swatching this on my hand, no matter how much I try to blend it, there is still a stark white cast. The size and intensity of the glitter make it look like I swatched a glittery white eyeshadow on my hand as opposed to a highlight. The one thing I will use this for is to prime my eyelids sometimes... I don't notice any increased longevity or punch of pigmentation when this is used underneath eyeshadow (typically why you'd use a primer) but this does provide a pretty finish and makes me look more awake, as well as softening the look of any veins on the eyelids.

I wish I wouldn't have purchased this stuff, but it was only three dollars so I can't complain. I carry it around with me in my purse for on-the-go blemish coverup/touch-ups or in case I ever feel like I need some glitter in my life.

UPDATE 2/9/2016: I ran out of my other concealer and have been using this, and it sucks. It really does. It doesn't even look like I'm using concealer at all.

Popular Eyes Products