e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?

This 2 in 1 conceal and highlight is actually really good! The concealer gives good light coverage for that brightening look underneath your eyes. The consistency isn't cakey and very blendable! However the highlighter is not what I was expecting, has a glitter shimmer to it which I'm not a fan of and doesn't really notice any difference once I apply it. But overall, not a bad product! Would buy again :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use the concealer for my undereyes , I actually use it to clean up my eyebrows after filling them in ( in the shade medium ) . Does a great job ! It is liquidy which is good to work with . & the doe applicator makes it easy to apply. I then use elf's concealer brush to blend it out .
Definetly steps up my eyebrow game !

I rarely ever use the highlighter side . If I do use it , it'll be for a base for my eyeshadow never to actual highlight .

I've bought countless tubes already & plan on continuing to purchase . Other concealers just don't do my eyebrows justice like this one!

on 11/14/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am close to finishing my first tube of this Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter and I will definitely repurchase it.
I do admit that the concealer is quite light and not super pigmented, but that is exactly what I need for my under-eyes. Anything thicker would be too heavy, at least that's the case for me. I have several other concealers that I use for other parts of my face, but e.l.f. concealer is the only one liquid enough to smoothly cover the delicate skin under my eyes. It definitely helps to hide dark circles and small imperfections without feeling cakey and heavy.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not bad.
light weight light- med coverage concealer. I actually like the highlighter side. I use it on my brow bone. I have no issues with it being too white, or too sheer, it leaves just enough color.
I would not expect to use it on my cheeks or anywhere else maybe the inner tear duct but do not expect it to do the same thing as a white shadow would.
I would repurchase if I could not find my typical concealer in stalk. Or to take with me for travel. I do find that I prefer more coverage for my dark circles but this is not a bad option for 3bucks.

I was surprised to LOVE this product>yes it is sheer but that is what I want something NATURAL to cover circles under the eye area. I like the highlighter part too>just use sparingly to brighten. Easy to apply and carry, stays put (I have oily skin too) I just set with a bit of powder and go>what's not to love? Especially the price ($3.00 or so) I use the medium and just bought my 2nd today!! I love it more than my high end concealers!!

Use your eye cream first though as you should with any concealer if you are well, let's just say over 30!

on 4/9/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Concealer is watery. Dries quickly and evenly. Minimum coverage. illuminates under eyes subtly. Does not crease. Lasts all day. Highlighter does not blend well. It looks chalky and cheap. Will not be buying this item again.

on 9/29/2013 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Highlighter and concealer suck :(

on 8/9/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm pleasantly surprised with this product! I was really just interested in the highlighter side, but I figured for $3 for both it was okay. Cover Girl Fresh Complexion has been my HG concealer for years, and while this concealer wasn't bad, I found that it was a bit more sheer at covering under eye circles compared to CG. The consistency was very thin and the liquid didn't seem very pigmented, but the coverage was decent! Now on to the highlighter.. Love! I don't think this is overly "glittery" at all. It reminds me of E.L.F's HD Studio Powder but in liquid form. After trying E.L.F's Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal, I was excited to finally try a highlighter that was just plain white. I felt that with Lilac Petal, it didn't look very natural and that the pink was so frosty and pigmented that it didn't look like a normal highlight. I dabbed some of the highlighter on the back of my hand and then used my small E.L.F stipple brush to apply. It gives such a nice natural glow if blended well. I have no complaints about this product except I wish they sold full size tubes of each product separately so I wouldn't go through them so fast!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i gave to this product 3 only because i love the Highlighter side!! The concealer is really weak and does not cover AT ALL my under eye bags. Im currently using Studio Fix MAC and thats a great one... but concerning the Highlighter I'm totally satisfied. I love the way gives light to all my under eye and cheek area. It blends well with my skin and it stays all day... I hope can find the highlighter separately from the concealer since that is totally a waste!