e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Curly
e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.5

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/21/2018 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased this in 'fair' when I was looking for a budget-friendly concealer for fair skin, that was light enough to use under my eyes, and would cover my dark under eye circles. I have very pale skin, and usually struggle to find shades that are actually light enough for me, but I found this shade to be pretty good, especially used in combination with the highlighter.

You don't get a huge amount of product, but for the price I can't complain. I quite like the packaging with the doe-foot applicators, as it is way less messy and more convenient to apply. I am also glad that I haven't had any issues with the packaging leaking, like some of the reviewers have experienced.

Unfortunately, this concealer only has very light coverage, and doesn't cover my under eye circles at all. The formula is also quite runny, and I find that it creases, even if I set it with a powder. It is, however, very moisturising, so it helps with the dryness under my eyes, and I feel like it helps reduce puffiness a bit.

It definitely does brighten my under eyes, mostly due to the highlighter, which I apply before the concealer, as I find that applying it afterwards just rubs off what little coverage I did get from the concealer. Layering the concealer doesn't seem to do much, but I have found that I can get better coverage by painting the concealer on with the applicator, and then letting it set for a bit, before blending it out.

I have ended up using this product on days where I don't want to do my makeup, but also don't want to look awful. It brightens up my under eyes, and the concealer helps to blur redness and the appearance of acne on the rest of my face. I think I will continue purchasing this to use for 'no makeup' makeup, especially since the price is so good.

I would recommend this product to people who don't need too much coverage under their eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just somewhat reluctantly purchased this. I always felt like this wasn't pigmented enough and blended away too easily. I guess I still feel that way.

So - why did I repurchase?

This stuff is actually light enough that it works for me as undereye concealer. I am fair yellow/olive and the fair shade is a really pale neutral (maybe even too pale). The peachy tones help with color cancellation even if the formula is a bit sheer. I ordered a Fair and a Light this time to try.

It may be a bit sheer, but it also doesn't make my undereyes look wrinkles or cakey. It's smooth and dewy.

And, when I take photos my undereyes look better than I think they do when I look in the mirror, so maybe this does a better job than I think it does.

Finally, when faced with the choice of going to a cosmetics counter in search of something better (probably $20+), I opted to repurchase at the Elf 50% off sale a few days ago instead. $1.50 USD? Hard to resist.

I don't use the highlighting end. I have no idea, really, it's like pure white runny liquid with a few shimmers. I don't get it.

I'm open to something better if it's reasonably priced, but I'm not going to go nuts trying. This will be OK for now.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't feel as though this product does much concealing, but I like the subtle shimmer the highlighter part does. It doesn't stay in place under the eye but that is for the best as it would strange with shimmer on under the eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Work great for me, does not break me out and makes my eyes all pretty haha ^^ recommend

on 1/15/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had an allergic reaction this concealer. I don't have sensitive skin or have ever had a reaction to any other makeup product before. Threw it away

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot believe how amazing this product is.Firstly the fact that the fair shade is suitable for my super pale skin is amazing as usually all types of concealer are too dark for me. Secondly it does not go flakey or patchy under my eyes (although I always wear a primer underneath). Last but not least, it actually does the job and covers my dark circles so well. The highlighter is gorgeous too. I would pay ten times the amount for this product, it is that good. I cannot rave about it enough! A little goes a very long way. Thank you e.l.f. for helping me solve one of my biggest beauty problems.

on 10/7/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product was just ok. It wasn't terrible. I forget what shade I got this concealer in, because it's been so long since I used it (I DID use all mine up, both sides too). In a perfect world, this concealer could have been just a 'smidge' more opaque. But it is a very good lightweight concealer, for those that are fine with it, and don't need the heavy coverage. I don't have bad skin in the slightest, but sometimes I do need the heavier coverage. The concealer is absolutely useless on anywhere other than the under eyes, because then it will just blend right off the face. It feels very nice on the skin, and really does feel like you're wearing nothing on your face. It's not thick at all. Some people complain that it looks greasy, and I say it depends on your skin type. I have dry skin (sometimes especially under the eyes), and the concealer itself has some sort of light reflecting effect on my skin, and just instantly brightens up my eye area. Dewy and fresh. Those would be two words to describe it in a nutshell. Packaging sucked, though. The highlighter side wouldn't stop falling out, and eventually the black part just snapped in two, because there was a long crack running down the side of it.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. But I think it's definitely worth trying if you're a concealer junkie like me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The concealer didn't do anything for my under eye circles. I have this in medium, which is the darkest they have. It blends fine, but there is little to no coverage.

This might be okay for someone who doesn't have dark circles, but otherwise I would skip this.

I find the highlighter end useless. I don't think it works as a highlighter. It is very runny.

on 5/2/2011 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have reallllllly bad dark circles and I was pleasantly surprised with this concealer. It definitely isn't full coverage, but for the days when I don't want to go heavy on the makeup and just make my eyes look a little better this is what I use. The highlighter, on the other hand, is useless. It has no shimmer or sheen and disappears into my skin. It was actually disappointing when I found that because I was really looking forward to using it. I would not repurchase this product just because I believe the concealer is the same as the one dollar tone correcting concealer that I have, without the wasted money on the highlighting end that doesn't do anything.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is ok! I didn't think it would have enough coverage because it's a liquid but it works to give natural looking coverage, probably because it looks quite orange before you blend it (this is the medium shade I'm talking about). It won't give you full, complete coverage but for a day to day basis, this looks natural.

I wouldn't buy this again because the shade isn't completely right for me and it isn't for anyone with strong olive or yellow undertones.

Popular Eyes Products