e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Concealer and highlight were hard for me to blend. Highlighter doesn't really highlight, just glitter in white goop. And the highlighter kept leaking, definitely would not buy again.

on 1/20/2017 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For being a super cheap product, I'm actually pretty impressed with this. I bought it as "backup makeup" to keep at work when I'm in a pinch and need to glow up a bit. The coverage isn't great, but it blends in well with my skin and I look significantly better. As for the highlighter, it's nothing special and is a little streaky, but if yo coax it into the skin a bit, it leaves a nice, subtle glow. However, this is NOT for serious blemishes, dark circles, etc.

The first 2 things I was attracted to were the price and that E.L.F. is a cruelty-free brand. I bought this over iHerb, at a very affordable price. I was excited that this was a concealer *and* and highlighter with a want - perfect for on the go touch-ups! The packaging is good enough for me, but the wand initially had a tough time collecting enough product.

I was, however, initially a bit disappointed with the highlighter. It felt like too much glitter and did not highlight the way I wanted it to. Eventually, I used it together with the concealer on the under eye area and I LOVED IT. I have dark eye circles so I put 2 dots of highlight on the inner side and 3 dots of concealer and blend it out. I find it so much prettier than just the concealer! I won't say it lasts very long, but it doesn't drastically disappear either. I give it a 'Meh' for long wear use.

If I don't find a better, more long-lasting concealer, I would definitely buy this one. But in the meantime, I'll keep looking.

on 3/2/2016 5:16:00 PM

This concealer is NOT what you want to use to cover pimples, birthmarks, etc.—it doesn't have a lot of coverage. What is IS good for are those days when I am just wearing a little powder over my sunscreen and want to brighten around my eyes a bit. It covers like a medium coverage foundation, and blends well, so it doesn't cause the reverse-raccoon eye thing that a full-coverage concealer can.

I have bought it in both fair and light. The fair is truly fair! The light is pretty light, too, and since it's not a full-coverage concealer, if you choose the wrong shade, it's not that obvious.

It's wear is about average for a liquid concealer, which means, for me that late afternoon, I'll see a bit of pigment travelling around my eye creases. But the darned eye creases are like pigment magnets, so I can't really fault this concealer for that.

As for the highlighter? I just ignore its existence. It's very sheer, overly sparkly, and I haven't found any good use for it. Luckily, the whole shebang is only three bucks, so if the highlighter goes to waste, it's no biggie.

I bought this after being attracted to a double ended package that has two different products for three dollars which seemed promising. For three dollars i think you get what you pay for. Which is alright. The concealer is a very lightweight watery consistency offering very mild coverage. The fair color was pretty good for my pale skin but blends away to nearly nothing. The highlighter looked matte white but upon application has a ton of shimmery silver glitter... Which is not a bad thing but hardly something youd want right under your eye. I put it on my cheekbones the odd time. Its not bad but is a very stark highlight. So for three dollars this is alright but i need far more coverage for my dark circles.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you have prominent dark circles or need a heavy duty concealer as opposed to a light-coverage one, then steer clear of this product!! In itself, this isn't a bad concealer. It doesn't crease. The texture is a bit on the thinner side but still nice and easy to work with. I got mine in the color light/glow which is a perfect match for my fair skin tone.

The downside is that this concealer is definitely on the sheer side. I have hereditary dark circles that are not helped by lack of sleep, and this really doesn't cover them up all at. It does okay at covering blemishes, and does nothing really to conceal scarring, etc. Yes the price is super cheap (around three dollars, I want to say) but you truly aren't getting that much product (.4 fl oz and that is with half being the highlighter.)

As far as the highlight is concerned, I did NOT realize how disco-ball-esque it was when I looked at it in the store. Got home to take a closer look and realized there is an extreme amount of intense silver, blue, and purple glitter & shimmer all throughout the white liquid-y highlighter. I don't use highlighter on my face. I have what I consider to be noticeable scarring, and anything shiny on my cheeks, well... highlights the scarring. Even if I were to use those types of products, I don't see how this would be usable on any skin tone.

I am quite fair and even just swatching this on my hand, no matter how much I try to blend it, there is still a stark white cast. The size and intensity of the glitter make it look like I swatched a glittery white eyeshadow on my hand as opposed to a highlight. The one thing I will use this for is to prime my eyelids sometimes... I don't notice any increased longevity or punch of pigmentation when this is used underneath eyeshadow (typically why you'd use a primer) but this does provide a pretty finish and makes me look more awake, as well as softening the look of any veins on the eyelids.

I wish I wouldn't have purchased this stuff, but it was only three dollars so I can't complain. I carry it around with me in my purse for on-the-go blemish coverup/touch-ups or in case I ever feel like I need some glitter in my life.

UPDATE 2/9/2016: I ran out of my other concealer and have been using this, and it sucks. It really does. It doesn't even look like I'm using concealer at all.

This is my every day concealer for under eyes. What I like about this is that it is a very thin, liquid consistency so it does not settle into fine lines at all, and this is a huge problem for me with pretty much every cream concealer I've ever tried. The down side is the pigmentation, which does not really cover that well, but I prefer low coverage over creasing and highlighting the lines around my eyes, so I'm kind of stuck with this. I've experienced that, like a lot of people have commented, this concealer actually can enhance/highlight dark circles rather than conceal them. I find this is mainly the problem if the concealer is lighter that your skin tone. I know that people like to go lighter on their under eye concealer in an attempt to "brighten" that area, but this concealer just doesn't work like that.

Coloring is quite neutral, but still brightening (ie not grey/dulling on the skin). I really like that because yellow concealer under mye eyes makes my circles appear green.

As far as the highlighting side, all I really can say is that it's fine. It's a white paste with light reflecting particles. It's nothing special and not particularly high end, like some others have mentioned it does not have a high concentration of highlighting particles, and the glitter/sparkles particles aren't that finely milled. You also have to be careful blending this in so it doesn't leave a white mark or cast on the skin. That being said, it works fine. Would not repurchase this for the highlighter side, but I do actually use it as my highlighter quite often, especially because I often do my make up on the go and it's right there on my concealer so I dont have to bring an extra product.

I love the packaging, or rather I love the design of the packaging. However it's not very sturdy and since I like to carry my make up around often, I've experienced several ways this can break:
*both that the concealer and the highlighter side fall out of the black middle part (minor problem because each "container" is still intact and can be used like normal)
*the part of the container where you screw the cap on crack around the rim and eventually break of entirely.
*and lastly the small containers cracking(!) down the side out of nowhere

Pros:
- No creasing or settling into fine lines.
- Price.
- Very convenient packaging design.

Cons:
- Poor coverage
- Can give a "highlighting" effect on dark circles (concealer side)
- Packaging can break if carried around in makeup bag.

on 3/29/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WOWZA. I am 46 but luckily have very little under the eyes to conceal - no dark circles or bags (knock wood). So my demands upon an undereye concealer product are as slim as this wand. This is not appropriate for serious concealing. It is creamy, has great slip, and when applied with my RT sponge or Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush, it thins out, gets smooth, and stays all day on my eyes with a bit of powder. But it will not hide acne, discolorations, or spots - at least not for long. That said, I really like this formula, which is a creamy happy medium between say, Mac ProLongwear and the super slippy stuff in a pen like Touche Eclat. The highlighter end is also FANTASTIC for my purposes. I am very fair (NC15) and it looks pearly and pretty without weird shimmer. If I look really close up in direct light, I can make out teensy bits of it, but they are imperceptible to others. Which I know because I asked, yo. Excellent brightening and highlighting with this thing. For the price, unbeatable. Yeah, I bought backup. Planning to purchase the darker colors for contrast/contour purposes and to enjoy the more colored highlighters. ALSO: BOTH CONCEALER AND HIGHLIGHTER MAKE A BRIGHTENING BASE FOR EYESHADOWS. Worn alone, I see noticeable light creasing after about 9 hours on my normal, not terribly oily lids.

I like this so well I no longer pick up my Dior or YSL pen thingies or even use my benefit glow stick thingamabob. All pretty good highlighters, but this is the best. I use it on my undereye, brow bones, above the brow, cheekbones, down the schnoz, Cupid's bow, and a bit on my chin. Lovely, and for $3 I will continue to stockpile. BOOYAH!

ADDENDUM: Mentioned by other reviewers, and I concur: this works best OVER foundation. I can't imagine a product this sheer being useful at all beneath base.

on 3/1/2015 11:50:00 PM

Meh. If you were in a pinch, like out of town with hangover eyes and your concealer ran out, this would do. But otherwise it's not good enough to be a standby.

The fair shade was fine for my pale warm-toned skin. Not too dark or orange. If you add in the bright white highlighter to the mix, you end up with too light reverse raccoon eyes.

However, it's pretty thin. I had to double layer it and my under eye area isn't even that dark. It lasts okay but there is some creasing. It does sting the skin just a tiny bit when you first put it on. Very liquidy (because it's thin) but that also makes it easy to blend.

Overall it may be better than you'd expect for $3 but it's definitely not one you could depend on for effective and natural looking daily use.

on 1/24/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I was surprised at how much I liked the concealer and the highlighter both. The concealer is wet enough to blend -- it seems a bit creamier than even higher priced brands, and has a bit of sheen without any glitter at all, just a kind of soft sheen. The highlighter reminds me a lot of Benefit's Oooh La Lift -- the same color and consistency. I bought this as iherb for very little money and it's well worth the price.

Popular Eyes Products