e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This undereye concealer was pretty disappointing. It's one of the more liquidy concealers that I've owned and it creased so easily. It didn't provide good coverage for my dark circles and it was very sheer. I would only recommend this product to people who don't have really dark circles or like really sheer makeup. Not my favorite product from e.l.f ☹

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?

on 11/11/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hate for this product. I have just replaced my beloved touche eclat with this beauty! $3 versus $42?!?! Nothing can touch it. I actually tried it all over my face today to see how it wears. I think it might be a little too moisturizing for my oily skin, but in a pinch it works better than any other foundation I've tried. Most a re very cakey...even the TM's and BB's I've tried. I don't need to cover much, but this is just enough.

on 8/13/2015 10:21:00 AM

So, I have to say goodbye to my beloved Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair... 1) It isn't cruelty free and 2) since I'm going back to school I just can't afford the $26 CAN price.

Enter E.L.F. Under Eye Conceal & Highlight. Cruelty free & the price is right on ($3). I really like the double-ended conceal/highlight in one tube. And overall it's great for my needs.

It definitely applies differently from the Clinique. With the Clinique my technique was dot-on with the brush applicator then smudge-press with fingers. The ELF consistency is much more watery and fluid. The application is more like: lightly-swipe the under-eye area with the doe-foot applicator, then travel-press-tap into the skin with fingers. I do get a nice even coverage... however the coverage is definitely more sheer than the Clinique.

I like looking my age (40), but don't want to look older than I am... so I do check for creasing in fine lines. There has been no problem!... I do make sure to set the concealer but passing my big fluffy brush of rice powder over the area, and it sets it nicely.

Since I'd call my look polished-natural, I'm okay with the sheer coverage. Since I don't wear all-over foundation, the formula blends easily into my natural skin. Also, it's build able which is nice (I have a darker area under my left eye, so I just dot a little extra on that zone). Also, I've been working on WHY I get dark circles (lack of sleep!). I've definitely been getting more zzz's which helps too :)

Okay, on to the Highlighter side of the tube. I love it! I follow Bobbi Brown's makeup technique from a flyer-booklet I received a while ago. She recommends a sheer white-ish eyeshadow. The ELF Highlighter really brightens the darker beige-brown colouration on my lids. The sparkle is subtle, barely noticeable, and I'm okay with it. It makes my green-hazel eyes come alive and look much more awake and fresh! I love it! (Bonus: no need for eyeshadow!!) There is SOME creasing by end of day, but I don't really mind.

Although this isn't my HG concealer, I will be repurchasing! It's easy, inexpensive and cruelty-free. Thanks for reading! xo

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cannot say enough how much I love this!!! I bought the color 'Fair' and use the concealer part under my eyes and above cheekbones, which instantly brightens my face overall. The highlighter then goes to the T-zone and a bit on my eyelids as well. I like this product a lot better than the Benefit High Beam, which is way too shimmery making your skin look like fish scale. Almost feel guilty to pay only $3 for this amazing item. Hope e.l.f. will not discontinue it ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been quite sick this week so going to classes was quite miserable. I picked this up at TJ Maxx for 2.39, and figured if it didn't work it wouldn't be a big loss. I have deep lines under my eyes and a pretty prominent purplish color to accompany them, due to lack of sleep and the fact that I'm half asian. Originally I applied this by DOTTING the concealer and highlighter under my eyes, and lets just say I was NOT impressed. There was almost no coverage at all and the only effect was a reverse raccoon look (purple, creases +ghostly patches = not cute). That day I received a few comments on how sick I looked. The next day instead of dotting I used a swiping motion and blended it with my finger. Wow! What a difference. There was little to no purple showing through and it looked like those photoshopped pictures where the models have 0 under eye imperfections. I also love how light this product is. I went from hating this concealer to loving it just from a different application process. Quite a few of those same people mentioned that I looked a lot better, too. Thank you ELF! New favorite concealer!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always worn Clinique concealer (All About Eyes and Line Smoothing) for years. Concealer is great at camoflauging discoloration around eyes, but it can also accentuate tell tale signs of aging. Recently went without concealer in hopes I could pull if off, but feel my eyes look better with concealer.

Purchased E.L.F. under eye concealer & highlighter in hopes it would offer good coverage without seeping into fine lines. The concealer is a thin, watery liquid that highlights dark circles around my eyes. Go figure. My eyes look better if I skip this concealer and use fdtn to cover dark circles.

The highlighter is a sparkly mess. I have red undertones and dabbed a bit of the highlighter on a few spots. Coverage wasn't too great, and not aware it had sparkles in it before purchasing.

This cost me $3.00. I've spent 3x and 4x the amount on products that didn't work out, so don't consider this a big loss.

on 11/29/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this stuff! I use the under eye concealer every day. It's my go-to for dark circles and puffiness. I've tried lots of different products and like Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay concealers, but this e.l.f. product is my absolute favorite. I have light olive skin and use the lightest color. It has the right peachy tone to cover dark circles (and I can get bad ones) and blends really well. The super-low price for a high quality product is also a big bonus.

The highlighter is really nice too and blends in easily without looking fake. You can build both concealer and highlighter for more dramatic looks, but a tiny bit of either goes a long way. I hope they never discontinue this. Love it!

on 11/14/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am close to finishing my first tube of this Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter and I will definitely repurchase it.
I do admit that the concealer is quite light and not super pigmented, but that is exactly what I need for my under-eyes. Anything thicker would be too heavy, at least that's the case for me. I have several other concealers that I use for other parts of my face, but e.l.f. concealer is the only one liquid enough to smoothly cover the delicate skin under my eyes. It definitely helps to hide dark circles and small imperfections without feeling cakey and heavy.

on 7/7/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this after buying several other higher-end concealer products in my search to replace the sadly dc'd Revlon DNA Advantage undereye concealer (they now make a "spot concealer" that has the consistency of wallpaper paste, no good for under eyes), and was blown away by how this product outperformed products that cost far, far more.

This uses a doe's foot applicator container w/ an under eye concealer in one end and a white highlighter in the other. I prefer a squeeze tube, but if the stuff works, I can't complain, and this works. Both are a thin liquid. I tried Light/Glow, and thought for sure it would be too light and too pink, but the color was actually perfect for covering dark undereye circles ( I am a pale yellow/ sallow color except for wherever the rosacea has taken over - now I am a mix of red and yellow! so fun to color match!).

I was surprised by the coverage given the thin consistency. Unlike several higher end products that were all too thick and draggy, this smoothed right over fine lines and bumps w/o settling into or accentuating creases. Easy to apply, and no tugging and rubbing required! Yes, after a while it does settle a bit, but when you are pushing 50 everything does that. The difference between this and a lot of other products was that it didn't accentuate the creases right away, like some others did. No fragrance that I could detect, and this did not irritate my eyes at all.

Surprisingly, the Revlon DNA Advantage Spot concealer, the Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer, and the Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer for Under Eye that I tried all accentuated fine lines, settled into creases much sooner than the ELF, and were all extremely thick - what is up w/ all the new THICK concealers out there for under eyes? They were all so thick they were very hard to apply - so much patting! And when a formula is that thick, and you have textural problems ( a bad IPL gave me deep, large pores and lots of crinkles and lines), the formula sits on top and skips the holes! Tugging and hard patting is no fun for under eyes. The ELF just glided right on and covered every hole and surface irregularity. It also covered dark circles AND a red spot I have near one eye far better than those other, much more expensive concealers. Everything just looked smooth and nicely covered w/ the ELF. I was really surprised at how good this looked.

I have been able to use the Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer on dark spots elsewhere on my face, and that works fine for anywhere OTHER than under the eyes. I will try that w/ the Laura Mercier as well. But as far as under and around the eyes, this ELF just blows the other concealers out of the water.

As for the highlighter, I only use it when I am doing a full mu. It's pure WHITE (not ivory, no color at all, just pure white), but it's sheer w/ a very faint shimmer, so it's fine as a highlighter on the lid. Same consistency as the concealer,much less coverage. Fine, but I don't generally use a liquid highlighter, so the highlighter is of less use to me than the concealer.

Overall, you can't beat the price or the product. Less than $10 for two products, and the under eye concealer far outperformed high end products that cost up to $30! I'm sold.

Popular Eyes Products