e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.5

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

so I might buy it cuz the concealer kinda works for me. bought it instead of the plain concealer in light beige cuz my store didn't have it. highlight is a bit clear on my face once blended, but I can see glitter and it ends up on my hands even if I touch near but not on the highlighter. I just started noticing yesterday on July 14, 2017 that I am having a slight reaction to the highlighter. hopefully it will clear up, but otherwise its okay.

on 5/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

The HIGHLIGHT isn't my thing. I like a highlight w/ a lot of shimmer that'll give me a glow. The highlight would be GREAT for someone that wants a natural highlighter.

The CONCEALER is okay. I prefer the HD concealer that's also from E.L.F for the same price. The concealer runs out too quick and doesn't pick up much product..

on 1/31/2016 8:27:00 PM

Concealer is too thin and watery, two layers didn't give much coverage. Creased pretty quickly for me after setting with powder.

Color wise, the light shade is very chalky and might look good on very cool toned skin but not on warm toned skin.

Highlighter shows up mostly as sparkles on my skin, which isn't what I was going for, but if you wanted lots of shimmer you might like the highlighter.

Best under eye concealer yet. I haven't owned the Mac pro long wear so can't compare to that but this definitely covered my really bad under eye bags and hasn't wrinkled that much (very little and not noticeable unless you look close and stare). The highlight makes me look less tired and seems to work well as a base for eye make up when applied to lid and above eye bit where it touches when your eyes are open.
Great price too, even though it's small it woudn't cost much to re-purchase.
Great having a 2 in one, all over eye make up.

on 11/11/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hate for this product. I have just replaced my beloved touche eclat with this beauty! $3 versus $42?!?! Nothing can touch it. I actually tried it all over my face today to see how it wears. I think it might be a little too moisturizing for my oily skin, but in a pinch it works better than any other foundation I've tried. Most a re very cakey...even the TM's and BB's I've tried. I don't need to cover much, but this is just enough.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't feel as though this product does much concealing, but I like the subtle shimmer the highlighter part does. It doesn't stay in place under the eye but that is for the best as it would strange with shimmer on under the eyes.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you have prominent dark circles or need a heavy duty concealer as opposed to a light-coverage one, then steer clear of this product!! In itself, this isn't a bad concealer. It doesn't crease. The texture is a bit on the thinner side but still nice and easy to work with. I got mine in the color light/glow which is a perfect match for my fair skin tone.

The downside is that this concealer is definitely on the sheer side. I have hereditary dark circles that are not helped by lack of sleep, and this really doesn't cover them up all at. It does okay at covering blemishes, and does nothing really to conceal scarring, etc. Yes the price is super cheap (around three dollars, I want to say) but you truly aren't getting that much product (.4 fl oz and that is with half being the highlighter.)

As far as the highlight is concerned, I did NOT realize how disco-ball-esque it was when I looked at it in the store. Got home to take a closer look and realized there is an extreme amount of intense silver, blue, and purple glitter & shimmer all throughout the white liquid-y highlighter. I don't use highlighter on my face. I have what I consider to be noticeable scarring, and anything shiny on my cheeks, well... highlights the scarring. Even if I were to use those types of products, I don't see how this would be usable on any skin tone.

I am quite fair and even just swatching this on my hand, no matter how much I try to blend it, there is still a stark white cast. The size and intensity of the glitter make it look like I swatched a glittery white eyeshadow on my hand as opposed to a highlight. The one thing I will use this for is to prime my eyelids sometimes... I don't notice any increased longevity or punch of pigmentation when this is used underneath eyeshadow (typically why you'd use a primer) but this does provide a pretty finish and makes me look more awake, as well as softening the look of any veins on the eyelids.

I wish I wouldn't have purchased this stuff, but it was only three dollars so I can't complain. I carry it around with me in my purse for on-the-go blemish coverup/touch-ups or in case I ever feel like I need some glitter in my life.

UPDATE 2/9/2016: I ran out of my other concealer and have been using this, and it sucks. It really does. It doesn't even look like I'm using concealer at all.

It's a good concealer for the price. It's pretty liquidy but not runny. I usually moisturize, apply primer, foundation and then concealer, allowing a couple of minutes in between each so they can dry. I dot this under my eye, let it sit there for a minute while I begin my brows, and after I feel like it's firming up I blend it out gently with my ring finger. Goes on very smoothly. The coverage is light, medium if I let the first layer of concealer dry and apply another one on top of it. I'm not a big fan of the accompanying highlighter but it's nice sometimes on the eyelids. I usually set my undereyes with some setting powder and then I'm ready to go all day. There is some very light creasing after a few hours but the product is soft enough to blend back in with just my finger again and firm enough that it doesn't look patchy afterwards and doesn't move again for a long time.

I use this on an every day basis and save my higher end concealers for the weekend or nights out. It gets the job done.

I wear this color in light.

This is my every day concealer for under eyes. What I like about this is that it is a very thin, liquid consistency so it does not settle into fine lines at all, and this is a huge problem for me with pretty much every cream concealer I've ever tried. The down side is the pigmentation, which does not really cover that well, but I prefer low coverage over creasing and highlighting the lines around my eyes, so I'm kind of stuck with this. I've experienced that, like a lot of people have commented, this concealer actually can enhance/highlight dark circles rather than conceal them. I find this is mainly the problem if the concealer is lighter that your skin tone. I know that people like to go lighter on their under eye concealer in an attempt to "brighten" that area, but this concealer just doesn't work like that.

Coloring is quite neutral, but still brightening (ie not grey/dulling on the skin). I really like that because yellow concealer under mye eyes makes my circles appear green.

As far as the highlighting side, all I really can say is that it's fine. It's a white paste with light reflecting particles. It's nothing special and not particularly high end, like some others have mentioned it does not have a high concentration of highlighting particles, and the glitter/sparkles particles aren't that finely milled. You also have to be careful blending this in so it doesn't leave a white mark or cast on the skin. That being said, it works fine. Would not repurchase this for the highlighter side, but I do actually use it as my highlighter quite often, especially because I often do my make up on the go and it's right there on my concealer so I dont have to bring an extra product.

I love the packaging, or rather I love the design of the packaging. However it's not very sturdy and since I like to carry my make up around often, I've experienced several ways this can break:
*both that the concealer and the highlighter side fall out of the black middle part (minor problem because each "container" is still intact and can be used like normal)
*the part of the container where you screw the cap on crack around the rim and eventually break of entirely.
*and lastly the small containers cracking(!) down the side out of nowhere

Pros:
- No creasing or settling into fine lines.
- Price.
- Very convenient packaging design.

Cons:
- Poor coverage
- Can give a "highlighting" effect on dark circles (concealer side)
- Packaging can break if carried around in makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cannot say enough how much I love this!!! I bought the color 'Fair' and use the concealer part under my eyes and above cheekbones, which instantly brightens my face overall. The highlighter then goes to the T-zone and a bit on my eyelids as well. I like this product a lot better than the Benefit High Beam, which is way too shimmery making your skin look like fish scale. Almost feel guilty to pay only $3 for this amazing item. Hope e.l.f. will not discontinue it ever.