e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

Filtered by skin type : Dry
e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.6

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?

It's a good concealer for the price. It's pretty liquidy but not runny. I usually moisturize, apply primer, foundation and then concealer, allowing a couple of minutes in between each so they can dry. I dot this under my eye, let it sit there for a minute while I begin my brows, and after I feel like it's firming up I blend it out gently with my ring finger. Goes on very smoothly. The coverage is light, medium if I let the first layer of concealer dry and apply another one on top of it. I'm not a big fan of the accompanying highlighter but it's nice sometimes on the eyelids. I usually set my undereyes with some setting powder and then I'm ready to go all day. There is some very light creasing after a few hours but the product is soft enough to blend back in with just my finger again and firm enough that it doesn't look patchy afterwards and doesn't move again for a long time.

I use this on an every day basis and save my higher end concealers for the weekend or nights out. It gets the job done.

I wear this color in light.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cannot say enough how much I love this!!! I bought the color 'Fair' and use the concealer part under my eyes and above cheekbones, which instantly brightens my face overall. The highlighter then goes to the T-zone and a bit on my eyelids as well. I like this product a lot better than the Benefit High Beam, which is way too shimmery making your skin look like fish scale. Almost feel guilty to pay only $3 for this amazing item. Hope e.l.f. will not discontinue it ever.

on 3/29/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

WOWZA. I am 46 but luckily have very little under the eyes to conceal - no dark circles or bags (knock wood). So my demands upon an undereye concealer product are as slim as this wand. This is not appropriate for serious concealing. It is creamy, has great slip, and when applied with my RT sponge or Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush, it thins out, gets smooth, and stays all day on my eyes with a bit of powder. But it will not hide acne, discolorations, or spots - at least not for long. That said, I really like this formula, which is a creamy happy medium between say, Mac ProLongwear and the super slippy stuff in a pen like Touche Eclat. The highlighter end is also FANTASTIC for my purposes. I am very fair (NC15) and it looks pearly and pretty without weird shimmer. If I look really close up in direct light, I can make out teensy bits of it, but they are imperceptible to others. Which I know because I asked, yo. Excellent brightening and highlighting with this thing. For the price, unbeatable. Yeah, I bought backup. Planning to purchase the darker colors for contrast/contour purposes and to enjoy the more colored highlighters. ALSO: BOTH CONCEALER AND HIGHLIGHTER MAKE A BRIGHTENING BASE FOR EYESHADOWS. Worn alone, I see noticeable light creasing after about 9 hours on my normal, not terribly oily lids.

I like this so well I no longer pick up my Dior or YSL pen thingies or even use my benefit glow stick thingamabob. All pretty good highlighters, but this is the best. I use it on my undereye, brow bones, above the brow, cheekbones, down the schnoz, Cupid's bow, and a bit on my chin. Lovely, and for $3 I will continue to stockpile. BOOYAH!

ADDENDUM: Mentioned by other reviewers, and I concur: this works best OVER foundation. I can't imagine a product this sheer being useful at all beneath base.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always worn Clinique concealer (All About Eyes and Line Smoothing) for years. Concealer is great at camoflauging discoloration around eyes, but it can also accentuate tell tale signs of aging. Recently went without concealer in hopes I could pull if off, but feel my eyes look better with concealer.

Purchased E.L.F. under eye concealer & highlighter in hopes it would offer good coverage without seeping into fine lines. The concealer is a thin, watery liquid that highlights dark circles around my eyes. Go figure. My eyes look better if I skip this concealer and use fdtn to cover dark circles.

The highlighter is a sparkly mess. I have red undertones and dabbed a bit of the highlighter on a few spots. Coverage wasn't too great, and not aware it had sparkles in it before purchasing.

This cost me $3.00. I've spent 3x and 4x the amount on products that didn't work out, so don't consider this a big loss.

on 2/14/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I own the shade medium. It took me awhile to figure out the best way to use this. I have dark circles which are exacerbated by significant inherited puffy under eye bags. I apply all my makeup including my heavier under eye concealer and set it. Then I apply a few small dots of the this concealer to the dark shadowy areas under my bags being careful to put the product only where I see a dark area. I tap the edges lightly with my ring finger to blend and the darkness magically disappears. I usually set very lightly with an HD powder like E.L.F. Of MUFE. Obviously, this method creates an optical illusion, but it works! Makes me look awake like nothing else does. I learned this method by watching a Wayne Goss you tube video so check it out if you're unfamiliar with concealing your under eye area in this way. I don't use the highlighter but after reading some others who are using it as a cheek highlighter, I may give it a shot that way. It's too shimmery to use on your brow bone, IMO. Will definitely repurchase. Love this product!!

on 11/22/2014 6:43:00 PM

i obviously, am a very loyal e.l.f fan lol I own a ton of products from them but this didn't really cut it for me. don't get me wrong I do like it for my tinted moistuizer days but not on a daily basis the concealer is sheer and the highligh is decent but not my favorite but is pretty. overall this is okay for me, espcially for 3.00 its good but I like my medium coverage concealers.

on 8/3/2014 5:49:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer! Only reason I'm giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 though is because the highlighter is pretty useless-it really doesn't even show up. But for $3, and how much I love the concealer it's fine with me. The concealer is very creamy & blends very easily. The usual problem I have with concealers in any formula is that they tend to cling to every bit of dry skin on my face. But this doesn't do that. One thing I will say though is if you like a very high coverage concealer this may not be for you-personally, I don't like a ton of coverage under my eyes. Like I like to make any circles or darkness alot less noticeable, but not disappear entirely-just not a fan of that type of look. So this is perfect, it brightens the area w/out it looking like I have tons of product on, & also it doesn't crease or get into any fine lines.

My under eye concealer did not come with a high light, but this product was a disappointment :( awesome smell though!! Very very fruity. very sheer coverage and doesn't get cakey.

I threw it away after my first use. Why?! It sucks. The concealer doesn't work well for me. It is too liquidish to be called a concealer and the highlighter is too glittery and bright. The packaging is okay, little bit cheap but it is cheap!

I conclude now that price matters a lot. I bought the highlighting kit from Makeup Forever instead and am loving it!

Popular Eyes Products