E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter
ELF Undereye Concealer and Highlightere.l.f ~ Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter 'Fair'Under Eye Concealer & HighlighterUnder Eye Concealer & HighlighterUnder Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Doesn't cover a thing. And the "highlight" end is just a glittery mess. Pass!

There are many things I didn't like about this product. 1. The concealer was way too yellow/orange. Could have worked as a color corrector. 2. The highlighter was a thin white streaky fluid with chunks of glitter. 3. Miniscule coverage, not even enough to act as a proper color corrector. 4. Not long lasting 5. Felt more like an eye cream. Overall, I would not buy this again, nor would I recommend it.

on 1/20/2017 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For being a super cheap product, I'm actually pretty impressed with this. I bought it as "backup makeup" to keep at work when I'm in a pinch and need to glow up a bit. The coverage isn't great, but it blends in well with my skin and I look significantly better. As for the highlighter, it's nothing special and is a little streaky, but if yo coax it into the skin a bit, it leaves a nice, subtle glow. However, this is NOT for serious blemishes, dark circles, etc.

The concealer is very watery and has incredibly minimal coverage. When I use it all it does is lighten my skin, it does not cover under eye circles or blemishes. The highlight is not most peoples cup of tea but it looks nice on one that likes a more natural but shimmery glow. I like the highlighter more than the concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This undereye concealer was pretty disappointing. It's one of the more liquidy concealers that I've owned and it creased so easily. It didn't provide good coverage for my dark circles and it was very sheer. I would only recommend this product to people who don't have really dark circles or like really sheer makeup. Not my favorite product from e.l.f ☹

I just somewhat reluctantly purchased this. I always felt like this wasn't pigmented enough and blended away too easily. I guess I still feel that way.

So - why did I repurchase?

This stuff is actually light enough that it works for me as undereye concealer. I am fair yellow/olive and the fair shade is a really pale neutral (maybe even too pale). The peachy tones help with color cancellation even if the formula is a bit sheer. I ordered a Fair and a Light this time to try.

It may be a bit sheer, but it also doesn't make my undereyes look wrinkles or cakey. It's smooth and dewy.

And, when I take photos my undereyes look better than I think they do when I look in the mirror, so maybe this does a better job than I think it does.

Finally, when faced with the choice of going to a cosmetics counter in search of something better (probably $20+), I opted to repurchase at the Elf 50% off sale a few days ago instead. $1.50 USD? Hard to resist.

I don't use the highlighting end. I have no idea, really, it's like pure white runny liquid with a few shimmers. I don't get it.

I'm open to something better if it's reasonably priced, but I'm not going to go nuts trying. This will be OK for now.

on 12/4/2016 9:35:00 PM

I am an Asian with a warm and medium skin tone and the concealer was surprisingly great and easy to blend to match my fast! The highlighter was a bit too much though and gave me a white cast, so this is a product I would only use half of.

The first 2 things I was attracted to were the price and that E.L.F. is a cruelty-free brand. I bought this over iHerb, at a very affordable price. I was excited that this was a concealer *and* and highlighter with a want - perfect for on the go touch-ups! The packaging is good enough for me, but the wand initially had a tough time collecting enough product.

I was, however, initially a bit disappointed with the highlighter. It felt like too much glitter and did not highlight the way I wanted it to. Eventually, I used it together with the concealer on the under eye area and I LOVED IT. I have dark eye circles so I put 2 dots of highlight on the inner side and 3 dots of concealer and blend it out. I find it so much prettier than just the concealer! I won't say it lasts very long, but it doesn't drastically disappear either. I give it a 'Meh' for long wear use.

If I don't find a better, more long-lasting concealer, I would definitely buy this one. But in the meantime, I'll keep looking.

on 5/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

The HIGHLIGHT isn't my thing. I like a highlight w/ a lot of shimmer that'll give me a glow. The highlight would be GREAT for someone that wants a natural highlighter.

The CONCEALER is okay. I prefer the HD concealer that's also from E.L.F for the same price. The concealer runs out too quick and doesn't pick up much product..

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?