E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

E.L.F. Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

The first 2 things I was attracted to were the price and that E.L.F. is a cruelty-free brand. I bought this over iHerb, at a very affordable price. I was excited that this was a concealer *and* and highlighter with a want - perfect for on the go touch-ups! The packaging is good enough for me, but the wand initially had a tough time collecting enough product.

I was, however, initially a bit disappointed with the highlighter. It felt like too much glitter and did not highlight the way I wanted it to. Eventually, I used it together with the concealer on the under eye area and I LOVED IT. I have dark eye circles so I put 2 dots of highlight on the inner side and 3 dots of concealer and blend it out. I find it so much prettier than just the concealer! I won't say it lasts very long, but it doesn't drastically disappear either. I give it a 'Meh' for long wear use.

If I don't find a better, more long-lasting concealer, I would definitely buy this one. But in the meantime, I'll keep looking.

on 5/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

The HIGHLIGHT isn't my thing. I like a highlight w/ a lot of shimmer that'll give me a glow. The highlight would be GREAT for someone that wants a natural highlighter.

The CONCEALER is okay. I prefer the HD concealer that's also from E.L.F for the same price. The concealer runs out too quick and doesn't pick up much product..

To Read all 223 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 and I bought this in Glow/Medium. It's a great match, but I also think it would be perfectly fine for cool skin tones as well, because the concealer is much more neutral rather than having yellow undertones. This is a great thing for those who have dark undereye circles, because you want to stay away from yellow based concealers anyway.

So on to the review. This gets 4 stars instead of 5 because E.L.F. sells other products that work just a tad better in my opinion. But what I love about this handy little product is that it's 2-in-1, so you can take it with you without having to over stuff your makeup bag. Plus, some days I'm kind of lazy about applying a full face of makeup and just want to look fresh and put together, and this product is totally perfect for that.

The concealer is light to medium coverage, and is truly made for undereyes. I don't think it would be great to cover pimples, discoloration, etc., but that's not what it's supposed to be used for anyways. With that being said, if you're one of those lucky witches who have been blessed with nearly perfect skin (I hate you! :P), then this might be all you need to use as a face concealer.

As for the highlighter, this is probably going to be one of those love-it or hate-it products, because it's got a bit of shimmer to it that verges on *almost* glittery. Almost, but not quite. And if you blend it well, that will go a long way to diffuse the "Hi, I wish I were still in middle school" look. Unless, of course, that's what you're going for. In that case, just glob it on and you'll be all set to go.

For the rest of us, blending it in will make us look awake and vibrant, even if we've only had 4 hours of sleep and we wake up hating the world. Wait, that doesn't just happen to me, right?

on 3/2/2016 5:16:00 PM

This concealer is NOT what you want to use to cover pimples, birthmarks, etc.—it doesn't have a lot of coverage. What is IS good for are those days when I am just wearing a little powder over my sunscreen and want to brighten around my eyes a bit. It covers like a medium coverage foundation, and blends well, so it doesn't cause the reverse-raccoon eye thing that a full-coverage concealer can.

I have bought it in both fair and light. The fair is truly fair! The light is pretty light, too, and since it's not a full-coverage concealer, if you choose the wrong shade, it's not that obvious.

It's wear is about average for a liquid concealer, which means, for me that late afternoon, I'll see a bit of pigment travelling around my eye creases. But the darned eye creases are like pigment magnets, so I can't really fault this concealer for that.

As for the highlighter? I just ignore its existence. It's very sheer, overly sparkly, and I haven't found any good use for it. Luckily, the whole shebang is only three bucks, so if the highlighter goes to waste, it's no biggie.

on 1/31/2016 8:27:00 PM

Concealer is too thin and watery, two layers didn't give much coverage. Creased pretty quickly for me after setting with powder.

Color wise, the light shade is very chalky and might look good on very cool toned skin but not on warm toned skin.

Highlighter shows up mostly as sparkles on my skin, which isn't what I was going for, but if you wanted lots of shimmer you might like the highlighter.

This 2 in 1 conceal and highlight is actually really good! The concealer gives good light coverage for that brightening look underneath your eyes. The consistency isn't cakey and very blendable! However the highlighter is not what I was expecting, has a glitter shimmer to it which I'm not a fan of and doesn't really notice any difference once I apply it. But overall, not a bad product! Would buy again :)

on 1/18/2016 7:30:00 PM

I use this concealer everyday on my undereyes. It's very light, and offers just the right amount of coverage for your average undereye discoloration/slight dark circles. I also have used it to clean up my eyebrows, and as an eyeshadow primer, and it all works so well. For $3, this is definitely worth trying.

Best under eye concealer yet. I haven't owned the Mac pro long wear so can't compare to that but this definitely covered my really bad under eye bags and hasn't wrinkled that much (very little and not noticeable unless you look close and stare). The highlight makes me look less tired and seems to work well as a base for eye make up when applied to lid and above eye bit where it touches when your eyes are open.
Great price too, even though it's small it woudn't cost much to re-purchase.
Great having a 2 in one, all over eye make up.

on 11/11/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand the hate for this product. I have just replaced my beloved touche eclat with this beauty! $3 versus $42?!?! Nothing can touch it. I actually tried it all over my face today to see how it wears. I think it might be a little too moisturizing for my oily skin, but in a pinch it works better than any other foundation I've tried. Most a re very cakey...even the TM's and BB's I've tried. I don't need to cover much, but this is just enough.

I don't feel as though this product does much concealing, but I like the subtle shimmer the highlighter part does. It doesn't stay in place under the eye but that is for the best as it would strange with shimmer on under the eyes.