Sleek True colour lipstick

Sleek True colour lipstick
Sleek true colour lipstick, Baby Doll.True colour lipstickSleek True Colour LipstickSleek True Colour Lipstick

3.7

Ethylhexyl Palmitate Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 Euphoria Cerifera (Candelilla Wax) Polybutene Microcrystalline wax Petrolatum Ceresin Propylparaben Tocopheryl Acetate MAY CONTAIN: Mica Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxide (CI 77489) Red 6 Lake (CI 15850:2) Red 7 Lake (CI 15850) Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:2) Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) Manganese Violet (CI 77742) Carmine (CI 75470) Tin Oxide (CI 77861) Calcium Sodium Borosilicate Synthetic Fluorphlogopite

GOOD SIDE: Looks pretty and sleek (pun intended). The shade I own is Russian Roulette and it's very pigmented deep-red. Which is good for me because the other red lipsticks I own are lighter compared to this one. DOWN SIDE: Dry, somewhat chalky consistency and quite expensive in my country. Would not buy this again because there are so many other brands I'd want to try

Stiletto is a blue base red that look excellent in pale or fair skin bec it brighten the complexion. texture : smooth , easy to apply , no tugging , apply evenly. after 10 minute my lip will dry until it's very uncomfortable. using balm under is needed. if you are okay with dry lip and you are quite pale and fair skin , you HAVE to own this lipstick. it's a very gorgeous red for pale skin.

Review on Barely There colour. The quality of the lipstick isn't amazing but I'm sure if I've played with it a few more times, I can really like it. It swatches on beautifully, a very smooth, pigmented and buttery texture but can accentuate my dry lips but I'm sure I can fix that. The packaging is different from your typical lipstick, oval rather than a long cylinder which is a nice touch. Looks like a high end lipstick and the colour is the answer to what I was spending forever on finding. Really wanted to find the exact colour match to the MUA Lip Velvet Lacquer in Halcyon but I hated the MUA product. The colour is a pretty peachy, nude, pink shade. Boots was all sold out in this colour after repeatedly checking on stock update. So I purchased this on Ebay less than £4 which is cheaper than the RRP.

on 8/2/2016 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the shades Mystic, Russian Roulette, and Heartbreaker (all 3 are matte).
I also have Barely There (sheen finish).

I have to say the matte finishes were awesome, not drying and very pigmented. It also applies very smooth and it has no smell. I super love them.

For the sheen finish lipstick, I don't really like it. It settles to the fine lines of the lips and with no staying power.

I just love the matte finishes for this lipstick. Its inexpensive and of good quality.

I sampled a lot of the shades of this lipstick on the back of my hand during a recent trip in the UK and honestly, the pigment really depends on the shade. Some aren't as pigmented as I personally like, and were are very good in terms of pigmentation. I ended up going for a shade called Mulberry, which is a deep dark cherry black type of color (recently fallen in love with darker shades). The price point is very low, so it was a perfect time to test out this type of color on myself.

I love it! The pigmentation on this shade is very good, the lipstick has no discernible scent and it had a very nice, creamy texture to it. The lipstick says sheen, but honestly this particular shade is so dark it almost comes out half-way between glossy and matte. The lipstick tube is tiny, but the amount of product you get inside is actually very decent, especially at the price you're paying. Still, it's not an ideal applicator for my lips' shape so I'm using a brush when applying it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like the brand Sleek because it has a wide range of colours to choose from especially for women of my skin tone so when I heard of their matte lipsticks I just knew I had to head over to their counter and have a look.

I ended up buying 2 lipsticks, one in Mystic which is a close Flat Out Fabulous by MAC dupe and the other in Russian Roulette which is a deep Red like colour. These lipsticks are OK, nothing outstanding and they do the job that they are meant to do. I do find them quite drying though which I really don't like but to counteract this I just apply a thin layer of gloss/vaseline on my lips before applying the lippie and I find this gives them better staying power and takes away the flaky-dry feeling. The colour wears vibrant which is always a plus for me and longevity is roughly 4 hours with a touch up then. I generally end up adding gloss my lips after a few hours of wear and I like that look a lot.

Price: This retails for £4.99 on both the Sleek website and in stores like Boots/Superdrug etc. Might be cheaper in Hair Supply stores but I always tend to purchase from Drugstores. The packaging is just your regular roller lipstick tube but looks really sophisticated and high end. Black has that effect anyway. Product lasts roughly 1.5 years, depending on your usage. I have had mine close to 9 months now and it's nowhere near finishing.

I would probably repurchase but only if I can't find my fav from MAC as Sleek does really close dupes.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

LOVE these lipsticks.
I actually prefer them to pricier brands.

Vamp is my go-to shade, I get asked by everybody I know which lipstick I use, II point them to the sleek section in their nearest superdrug.
The product stays on for ages and gives an amazing colour, it will highlight imperfections but that is to be expected of a matte shade.
I recommend putting aloe vera vaseline on your lips when you start your foundation, if you leave your lipstick until last, it will have soaked into your lips and it should go on really smoothly, and will prevent cracking.
Handy little lipstick, I've never lost the lid, I buy one of these every few months (mainly because I have a habit of losing them)
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11988406_10208333900490874_8012524101603476757_n.jpg?oh=a6287960bad0cd4dccb87718cdf01027&oe=5782B156 here's an image of me wearing it, now go buy one for yourself!

on 3/23/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got this lipstick in Barely There. The name covers the staying colour well, it is barely there. The colour is too peachy for me and washes me out. Staying power is zero. Would not buy again.

on 3/18/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

In general, I love Sleek, so decided to try one of their lipsticks; I bought Dare, which is a matte shade.

First of all, the packaging makes it look tiny, but in all fairness the amount of product you get is actually very similar to other lipsticks. That's where the positives end.

Even the first time I used it, it was very dry and a battle to get onto my lips; I felt like I really had to tug. It went on patchy, it make my lips look all dry and chapped (which they weren't particularly). It didn't stay on long, didn't look good, and was very drying.

I'm in absolutely no rush to try any of the others after that experience!

on 12/13/2015 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i recommend the powder products of sleek brand such as blush and bronzer but not lipsticks. its thick, patchy, and not moisturising enough, and melted in the tube. i had 'barely there' and i threw it away. really low quality for a lipstick product