Sleek True colour lipstick

Sleek True colour lipstick
Sleek true colour lipstick, Baby Doll.True colour lipstickSleek True Colour LipstickSleek True Colour Lipstick

3.7

Ethylhexyl Palmitate Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 Euphoria Cerifera (Candelilla Wax) Polybutene Microcrystalline wax Petrolatum Ceresin Propylparaben Tocopheryl Acetate MAY CONTAIN: Mica Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxide (CI 77489) Red 6 Lake (CI 15850:2) Red 7 Lake (CI 15850) Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:2) Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) Manganese Violet (CI 77742) Carmine (CI 75470) Tin Oxide (CI 77861) Calcium Sodium Borosilicate Synthetic Fluorphlogopite

on 2/19/2017 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought two of these at the same time in order to try both the matte and the cream formula; I've got Dare (matte) and Mulberry (cream). I got them a little over a year ago, before Sleek prices went up. At the time, I believe they were around 6 euros; now they're 7.50. Considering the fact that the Sleek display at my local Mueller only has like 8 shades of this range, I'd have to order them online and pay the postage. At the end of the day, this is now, in practice, a 10 euro lipstick. That puts it on the same level as other drugstore brands like Maybelline, L'Oreal, Bourjois, Kiko etc. Is Sleek's formula better than them? Not really. If anything it's worse. I'd take Maybelline, Bourjois, or Kiko lipstick over these any day. I'd have to shell out a couple of euros more for Bourjois, true, but I'd rather pay a bit more and have a decent lipstick than a bit less and have a kinda-okay one. But I digress.

Firstly, there's a considerable difference between the cream and the matte formula. The matte is okay; the cream is crap. To be honest, Mulberry is a very dark colour and those are difficult to get completely opaque, but this is just incredibly wet and glossy and trying to apply an even opaque coat is a nightmare. Now, generally speaking I expect I'll have to put more effort in applying drugstore lipsticks, so I'll use lipliner and a lipbrush, apply two coats and blot each one - but even that doesn't work with this lipstick. The one and only way this is wearable for me is if I massage it into my moisturised lips like a stain. Once it's on, it doesn't wear that well. You will have to touch up after your first cup of coffee. I know this brand was originally conceived as a brand for women of colour, and I am very white with pale lips, so there's that. Still, there are a number of lipsticks at the same price point that are perfectly opaque. I am now using Rimmel's 04; it's a good colour dupe for Mulberry, except it actually applies well.

Dare, the matte one, is better. I actually wear this one a lot, because the colour is so great; a dark red with enough brown in it to make it very wearable for daytime, yet it packs enough of a punch. The formula is considerably better than with Mulberry; I can whack it on with no fuss, although lipbalm under it is imperative; it's quite dry and will not apply smoothly if your lips are completely dry. Once it's on, it doesn't bleed, which is impressive for such a dark colour, but it also doesn't stay that well; the feel of it is quite powdery and it wears off quickly where my lips touch together. If I have a cup of coffee, my bottom lip will survive relatively intact, but the edges of the cup will leave two distinct lines of bare skin on my top lip. It's also prone to doing the mad dog rim after a few hours of wear, and gunking up on my mouth if I eat something dry and non greasy, like a croissant or an energy bar. I am now looking for a colour dupe of this, since I've grown quite attached to the shade, but I'd prefer a different formula.

Basically, the good sides of these lipsticks are:
- a lot of pigment
- not drying
- no scent
- well-made, beautiful packaging
- nice colour selection of the entire range
- affordable
- no bleeding or feathering of darker shades

The bad sides are as described. These lipsticks aren't great, they aren't good; they're okay. Both the cream and the matte finish aren't especially pleasant-feeling on the mouth. They also started smelling off only after a year of me having them, which is a pretty standard longevity for drugstore lipsticks, I find. If you can't find the colours you want from other drugstore brands, are unable to spend more money, and are able to buy this brand in a physical store to reduce the total cost, then you might love them. Frankly, my experience with these lipsticks is quite similar to what I've experienced with Sleek's iDivine eyeshadow palettes. I think the brand is lovely and you can get a large array of colours and finishes for a very affordable cost. The makeup looks beautiful upon application and for a short period afterwards - although there are some problems with application with some of the products - but just doesn't wear all that well if you're living a human life with all that it entails.

And there's nothing wrong with that! It just depends upon what you're looking for in your makeup. Personally, I'm a busy person who likes to be able to put on makeup well with minimal fuss and have it look great all day with minimal touchups. I've come to the conclusion that that, in most cases, requires me to go for the higher end of the drugstore makeup and/or luxury brands. (Please note I wrote 'in most cases', not 'in all cases'; I still buy super cheap drugstore brow gel and Essence lipliners and drugstore mascara.) I'm also at that point in my life where I want quality, and since I'm only a student, I'll take quality over quantity. Let me repeat that there's nothing wrong with wanting or requiring quantity, you just have to be aware that with this brand at least, you do get quantity, but only 'okay' quality. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that even when those lipsticks look nice and I'm enjoying some aspects of them, I have no wish to buy a fresh tube. I'd rather try something else or go back to other brands that I like more.

GOOD SIDE: Looks pretty and sleek (pun intended). The shade I own is Russian Roulette and it's very pigmented deep-red. Which is good for me because the other red lipsticks I own are lighter compared to this one. DOWN SIDE: Dry, somewhat chalky consistency and quite expensive in my country. Would not buy this again because there are so many other brands I'd want to try

Stiletto is a blue base red that look excellent in pale or fair skin bec it brighten the complexion. texture : smooth , easy to apply , no tugging , apply evenly. after 10 minute my lip will dry until it's very uncomfortable. using balm under is needed. if you are okay with dry lip and you are quite pale and fair skin , you HAVE to own this lipstick. it's a very gorgeous red for pale skin.

Review on Barely There colour. The quality of the lipstick isn't amazing but I'm sure if I've played with it a few more times, I can really like it. It swatches on beautifully, a very smooth, pigmented and buttery texture but can accentuate my dry lips but I'm sure I can fix that. The packaging is different from your typical lipstick, oval rather than a long cylinder which is a nice touch. Looks like a high end lipstick and the colour is the answer to what I was spending forever on finding. Really wanted to find the exact colour match to the MUA Lip Velvet Lacquer in Halcyon but I hated the MUA product. The colour is a pretty peachy, nude, pink shade. Boots was all sold out in this colour after repeatedly checking on stock update. So I purchased this on Ebay less than £4 which is cheaper than the RRP.

on 8/2/2016 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the shades Mystic, Russian Roulette, and Heartbreaker (all 3 are matte).
I also have Barely There (sheen finish).

I have to say the matte finishes were awesome, not drying and very pigmented. It also applies very smooth and it has no smell. I super love them.

For the sheen finish lipstick, I don't really like it. It settles to the fine lines of the lips and with no staying power.

I just love the matte finishes for this lipstick. Its inexpensive and of good quality.

I sampled a lot of the shades of this lipstick on the back of my hand during a recent trip in the UK and honestly, the pigment really depends on the shade. Some aren't as pigmented as I personally like, and were are very good in terms of pigmentation. I ended up going for a shade called Mulberry, which is a deep dark cherry black type of color (recently fallen in love with darker shades). The price point is very low, so it was a perfect time to test out this type of color on myself.

I love it! The pigmentation on this shade is very good, the lipstick has no discernible scent and it had a very nice, creamy texture to it. The lipstick says sheen, but honestly this particular shade is so dark it almost comes out half-way between glossy and matte. The lipstick tube is tiny, but the amount of product you get inside is actually very decent, especially at the price you're paying. Still, it's not an ideal applicator for my lips' shape so I'm using a brush when applying it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like the brand Sleek because it has a wide range of colours to choose from especially for women of my skin tone so when I heard of their matte lipsticks I just knew I had to head over to their counter and have a look.

I ended up buying 2 lipsticks, one in Mystic which is a close Flat Out Fabulous by MAC dupe and the other in Russian Roulette which is a deep Red like colour. These lipsticks are OK, nothing outstanding and they do the job that they are meant to do. I do find them quite drying though which I really don't like but to counteract this I just apply a thin layer of gloss/vaseline on my lips before applying the lippie and I find this gives them better staying power and takes away the flaky-dry feeling. The colour wears vibrant which is always a plus for me and longevity is roughly 4 hours with a touch up then. I generally end up adding gloss my lips after a few hours of wear and I like that look a lot.

Price: This retails for £4.99 on both the Sleek website and in stores like Boots/Superdrug etc. Might be cheaper in Hair Supply stores but I always tend to purchase from Drugstores. The packaging is just your regular roller lipstick tube but looks really sophisticated and high end. Black has that effect anyway. Product lasts roughly 1.5 years, depending on your usage. I have had mine close to 9 months now and it's nowhere near finishing.

I would probably repurchase but only if I can't find my fav from MAC as Sleek does really close dupes.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

LOVE these lipsticks.
I actually prefer them to pricier brands.

Vamp is my go-to shade, I get asked by everybody I know which lipstick I use, II point them to the sleek section in their nearest superdrug.
The product stays on for ages and gives an amazing colour, it will highlight imperfections but that is to be expected of a matte shade.
I recommend putting aloe vera vaseline on your lips when you start your foundation, if you leave your lipstick until last, it will have soaked into your lips and it should go on really smoothly, and will prevent cracking.
Handy little lipstick, I've never lost the lid, I buy one of these every few months (mainly because I have a habit of losing them)
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11988406_10208333900490874_8012524101603476757_n.jpg?oh=a6287960bad0cd4dccb87718cdf01027&oe=5782B156 here's an image of me wearing it, now go buy one for yourself!

on 3/23/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got this lipstick in Barely There. The name covers the staying colour well, it is barely there. The colour is too peachy for me and washes me out. Staying power is zero. Would not buy again.

on 3/18/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

In general, I love Sleek, so decided to try one of their lipsticks; I bought Dare, which is a matte shade.

First of all, the packaging makes it look tiny, but in all fairness the amount of product you get is actually very similar to other lipsticks. That's where the positives end.

Even the first time I used it, it was very dry and a battle to get onto my lips; I felt like I really had to tug. It went on patchy, it make my lips look all dry and chapped (which they weren't particularly). It didn't stay on long, didn't look good, and was very drying.

I'm in absolutely no rush to try any of the others after that experience!