INM - Out the Door Northern Lights Silver

INM - Out the Door Northern Lights Silver

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The holographic nail polish trend has given me much glee; so much glee, in fact, that I crave at least a little something holo in every mani and pedi. Enter this subtle scattered holo topcoat. My only complaints are that it's ultra stinky, and that it takes about two hours to dry totally, despite the name. I put Northern Lights over polish, then HK Girl topcoat over that. Voila! Gently holographic, shiny, gel-plump nails. I even use it over really strong linear holos, because why settle for less when you can have more?

on 2/13/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very very fine micro holo glitter. One coat gives a subtle beautiful shimmer with pops of silver and rainbow colors. It's much finer and less glittery than the Fairy Dust, but two coats of Northern Lights is just...wow! I love Northern Lights in either gold or silver, over any polish, one or two coats depending on the look I want... Its a must have!!!

on 10/20/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm stunned to see so few reviews of this beauty! Northern Lights Silver is absolutely gorgeous .. and a great way to add just a hint of subtle shimmer to an otherwise matte or cream polish.

This is a top coat infused with loads of multi colored micro glitter with a heavier silver shimmer. I love that the glitter in this is teeny .. which makes the effect a little more wearble and adds just enough twinkle to my nails without making them too blingy. Looks wonderful over a deep charcoal or black and equally stunning over navy shades. I have this and the gold version of this, and adore them both! While I wasn't fond of the regular Out the Door topcoat .. I love this one! HUGE raves!! continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Please refer my to review for the original (clear) Out the Door top coat for more information....

In a nutshell: it does not dry in seconds.. not even minuets for me. I've let it sit for 20-30 min. and still get dents.. Its like it only hardens the surface.

It does give great shine, and I love the idea of a quick-dry holographic top coat, but Seche Vite or Poshe work much, MUCH better for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The best way to add something extra special without spoiling the look of your polish - bar none!

I love that you can't feel the micro glitter. Before trying this, I would use glittery polishes that dried to a rough finish. This feels as smooth as any other top coat. The glittery effect is gorgeous in any light, subtle but noticeable, and reflects a prism of colors. It also dried to the touch quickly.

There aren't any chunks of arts and crafts looking glitter here. I am absolutely in love with this product and I regret that I didn't discover it sooner! I picked mine up from Sally Beauty. I would repurchase this product - it is amazing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this polish, it's a gorgeous micro glitter, and like some other reviewers have said, the glitter is so small it dries to a nice shiny smooth finish. When I first bought this I used it on everything! it dries so fast its a great topcoat on any polish. I love how the glitter settles on the bottom so you can control how much glitter you get on the brush by how much you shake. I've had this bottle forever and I've brought it back from the dead with thinner a few times. still one of my favorites.

on 11/15/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This top coat has a clear base polish & then is loaded w/tons of hologrpahic micro glitter in silver, green, red, blue, pink & a variety of other colors. It really adds bling to the polish you apply this over. One coat is really nice, but with two you get great results. When used on it's own as a polish is adds a slight amount of shine and some holo effect but nothing really noticable. Each brush full deposits a nice even amount of glittler on your nails so you don't get a lot of glitter clumped into one spot. This applied smoothly and the texture was perfect. I think I like it better than ChG Fairy Dust because it doesn't need to be thinned on a regular basis like Fairy Dust does. This comes in the standard nail polish bottle w/the standard applicator brush. I purchased this bottle at Sally Beauty Supply and w/my Beauty Club card it was $4.99. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.