4.1

price range

Reviews

from

6 years ago

My mom and I have been using My Beauty Diary masks for a long time. We have bought several different ones and found them all to be quite similar to be honest. I am currently using Bulgarian White Rose. Like the others, it is very moisturizing! The sheets have a lot of more product on them comparing to many other brands that I have tried. My mom who is in her 50s, also loves this brand of masks! We are definitely going to keep on using My Beauty Diary masks.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

7 years ago

So, I guess this is kind of a collective review, since I've tried quite a few "flavors"(?) of these masks. I'll review the Bulgarian Rose because that's one the I've been using recently. In addition, I've tried Pearl Powder, Black Pearl, Aloe, etc., and several more exotic varieties that my cousin got me in China. The only one I didn't like was the Aloe mask, but I suspect that might be more of a quality control issue, though all the masks I've used are definitely legitimate (note to potential buyers: don't buy the fake stuff! quite a few bloggers chronicle the difference in packaging between real/fake! I would be wary of putting the fake masks on my face...). In terms of these different flavors, I have not found any significant difference worth mentioning. Except the scent, I guess; the scents are light, not bothersome, some quite pleasant (then again, I'm not sensitive to smells, so your mileage may vary?). I know some are supposed to be more hydrating, or firming, or brightening, or whatever, but I suspect that's more of a marketing gimmick. For the record, I have very non-sensitive, oily/normal skin, not at all dry, no major skin conditions, etc., so others will have different experiences. Anyway, I quite like the masks, though I don't use them often (keep forgetting...since they sit in my refrigerator; speaking of refrigeration, my cousin claims this makes them last longer..not sure about that...). I find them quite refreshing---this is main reason I use them, heh, when I'm feeling tired and my skin feels a tad dry, they are a nice pick-me-up. I usually leave on for 20-30min. They're also quite hydrating (for me...if you have super dry skin, they might not be sufficient), and they do impart a nice glow-y radiance to your skin. HOWEVER, it's definitely a temporary effect. Don't expect the luminous skin to last...unless you use like 2 a day...Don't expect it to magically fix all existing skin problems either, alas (although when I had somewhat inflamed acne or minor redness, it did tone it down). In terms of fit, obviously the mask is not going to suit everyone's face. I found it a rather poor fit for me, to be honest, but it's hardly a major problem. As aforementioned, I get these via my cousin in China, so they were pretty inexpensive. Since these are an inessential part---a nice bonus for me, but don't perform truly important functions---of my skincare routine, I probably wouldn't want to pay much more for them (I'm not sure what the markup in the US is...I hear Wal-Mart carries them at a reasonable price. I also saw them marked up to $20/box of 10 at an Asian grocery store...not sure if worth it for me). TL;DR - 1) I like these refreshing masks. They are good for what they are: MASKS, so effects (hydration/brightening/reducing redness/whatever) are not supposed to be long-lasting. 2) Didn't notice differences among various flavors. 3) Be careful of buying fakes!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

My skin is softer and glowing with my pores lessened but it did not really tighten the skin or anything like that. It also made my eyes sting and water a little although it did subside after the first 15 minutes. I left it on for an hour because I was so engrossed in my book I forgot about it. The scent is beautiful but the packaging seems excessive. It is pretty much drowning in serum though so I used the rest on my neck and cleavage and my skin there is lovely and smooth now. I really wanted to like this mask after all the reviews but I didn't see enough difference to justify buying it. It's a good thing they can be bought individually to try and it really is pretty cheap. It also doesn't seem particularly hydrating to me. If you want a quick fix before a big event, this will probably disappoint you. Their Natto mask is so much better for that. But if you want something that will make your skin glow for a short period, then go for it.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

8 years ago

The rose scent is pretty strong so for those who love roses this would be well received. Not as much essence as the aloe one but remains moist for a long time. 30 mins on and I had enough to rub all over my arms and legs. Hydrating effects but whitening is minimal. However I don't expect incredible results with these masks so it was satisfying for the price. Nice quality masks with a good adherence to skin fit. Slightly too narrow for the cheeks. But good hold.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

8 years ago

I've tried two MBD masks: Bulgarian White Rose and the While Pearl. I find the Bulgarian White Rose mask doesn't do much. It does however brighten up your skin tone for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, the results disappears the very next day. Since MBD masks are fairly cheap in comparison to other masks, I use them before I go out partying or before a job interview to brighten up my skin that day. I will continue to buy MBD masks in the future but I will probably not buy Bulgarian White Rose.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 years ago

I love masks. MBD masks are my favourite of the so many type that I tried. Full of essense. I put it on my face for 40 min to an hour till the entire mask sheet practically dires up. I find the Bulgarian White Rose scent a little overwhelming for my liking, nevertheless, it truly brightening up your face after you remove. Selling price is pretty reasonable at about US$1.10 per piece.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Fine

8 years ago

DEAR SWEET LORD OF RELIGION. I love this mask. So so much. So much. SO MUCH. it doesnt fit my face perfectly, however if you play with it a bit it fits perfectly. After JUST 10 MINUTES, I took it off. My face was bright, soft as a rose petal, moisturized, and my pores were smaller. However, the only think I dont like about it is that it dris out quicker than my other MBD masks. But the effects are long lasting and beautiful. The mask comes in a package, with a sticker on it. The sticker keeps it from ripping, and you put the mask on, and peel the sticker off.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Olive

HairBlack

from

9 years ago

I'm a big fan of sheet masks, and the last time I tried a MBD mask was years ago, and after seeing it for sale at T&T, I bought a couple of boxes to try and they're alright. First of the mask is really hard to fit on my face, especially around the eye and the area between my nose and lips. The mask, compared to others, is thinner than other masks that I have tried. I usually like leaving masks on till they're somewhat dry, then peel them off. With the MBD ones it's harder to tell if they've "dried" on me. That's just a personal preference though. But on that note there is TONS of essence on the mask, and the essence is slightly watery (compared to other masks I've tried), but I don't mind because I take any extra and rub it down my neck. When you open it there's a thin piece of 'paper' that's the shape of the mask as well, which I think it's a bit of a waste. I've tried many other masks that don't include that and I have no problem with ripping any masks. The effects are temporary, which isn't bad but if it'd last a bit longer that'd be nice. Price isn't bad either, when they're on sale it's even better! I'd definitely try different brands, for a cheap and nice refreshing mask, I'd go with MBD.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesOther

9 years ago

I liked this mask. It was mopsiturizing, gave a nice look of radiance but very temporary, I didnt notice much Whitening though.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

9 years ago

So hydrating and luxurious! just plop it on your face for 30 minutes, then remove and massage the serum into your skin and the next day your skin will be soft and supple like never before.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure