Barry M Liquid Eyeliner

Barry M Liquid Eyeliner

4.1

on 6/15/2017 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very greasy, hooded eyelids & everything I put on them slides off eventually. This is the only eyeliner I've ever used that doesn't slip and slide everywhere or end up on the upper part of my lid. The marker pen version of this is also excellent! This doesn't move when I use it to line my waterline and if I dont' use eyeshadow primer it still stays put almost all day.

It's matte black and almost entirely opaque. Sometimes I do need to do a second coat but never over the whole eye (this is more common when I don't shake it first). It works well when I use it for a flick (I use the bobby pin hack which works a treat) and once I put it on my hand for testing and it didn't come off for 2 days. Easily removed with eye makeup remover, though.

Eyeliners I've tried that end up everywhere:
gel - Inglot, Mac, Sleek, Maybelline all with & without Duraline;
cake - Stargazer with Duraline & with water;
pencil - I think nearly every brand including the Avon SuperShock gel pencil which I like;
liquid - every drugstore brand & a few high end ones like Lancome, every UK drugstore brand of marker pen eyeliner

I have this product in the pink shade and I find it stains my eyelids even with foundation powder and eyeshadow primer base, it will stain for days even with oily makeup remover

on 8/6/2015 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A good basic eyeliner. It's not as black as I'd like it to be but honestly I don't think anyone can tell the difference. It's relatively long lasting but it won't hold up in heavy rain etc. And by the end of the night it is a little smudged. But you can't beat the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

good basic eyeliner. I have the black. it can go on streaky, and can smudge very slightly but not as much as other eyeliners in this price range. lasts all day, applies easily - doesn't take too much effort to get my eyes to match. good for chunky cat eyes, no good for smaller ones. a great true black. over all a good product.

on 11/15/2015 8:53:00 AM

After reading so many fantastic reviews of this product (that being said very rarely seen it featured on youtube videos) I had very high hopes.
I used this for about 3 months to ensure that I gave it a steady chance, however after purchasing NYX eyeliner, this is comparison is awful.
It's a shame as the packaging is super and the price is very good. In addition, barry M lip paint is a great product.
If you're after a product that doesn't transfer, nor flake/ smudge then steer clear.
The tip is also very thick so a clean application is impossible at times.
Disappointed :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was given to me by mum after she tried it once and realised liquid eyeliner wasn't for her, because she only normally uses pencils. As it happened, this was my first proper liquid eyeliner as well, having only tried felt tip eyeliners and pencils before. I would've never picked this up myself, but I'm glad my mum did.

Application is easy, and if you shake it, you get a decent black pigment. It's not a matte finish, but not too glossy either. It also doesn't flake or rub off in my crease (I have hooded eyes), which I have found with other far more expensive eyeliners. After about six hours wear, it does start to smudge onto my lower lid, but really, for the price (£4.79 in the UK), it's a really nice liquid eyeliner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this in black and think it's a really great eyeliner! I'm just about to stock up on a bunch more on asos because it seems to be the only place I can get them delivered to Australia, and I'm scared they'll sell out. (That great!)

I thought that maybe the felt tip would disintegrate like other felt tip liners do, but so far so good! (I'll update this if it does start to do that.)

The staying power is pretty great. I don't have oily eyelids so this stays on pretty much all day, unless I'm rubbing my eyes or something.

The pigmentation is also impressive - just make sure you shake it before applying! I wasn't doing that for a while and thought the colour was disappointing, but then I realised it has one of those little shaker ball things inside. Shook it, and the pigmentation was great.

The only problem is that it does sting upon application. But for the price and how good this is, I'm okay with that.

on 5/27/2013 7:46:00 AM

The best liquid liner I've found! It goes on nicely- pretty matte black- although the brush is completely rigid so you have to be careful with it. It stays quite well- for at least a few hours, even under false lashes- but it tends to bleed on my oily skin. If I'm warm or my eyelids have gone a bit oily, this eyeliner is hellish to fix. It goes all over the crease of my eyes and just looks horrible, even with an eye primer. However, it's still the best I've tried and if I keep an eye on it it works a treat. The packaging is lovely too and the lettering doesn't rub off and look all gross after being in a makeup bag for a while like other products. It also lasts a good amount of time, even with everyday wear. I would second the reviewer who said it can burn though- don't apply this to cracked or irritated lids as it can sting. Then again, that would apply to any liquid liner. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

on 11/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

My favourite liquid eyeliner - feels lovely on lids and very good value for money. I've been using this for years! It doesn't give you that stretched/pinched feeling on your eyelids that some brands have. I've tried the black, purple and gold. The black is very deep and rich, true to the colour of the packaging. The purple and gold colours didn't show up much on my lids, but I have quite thin veiny eyelids so that might be why. I would definitely recommend the black colour.

on 12/25/2014 3:05:00 PM

I normally find liquid eyeliners tricky to work with, I can never get that perfect straight line. This is probably the best one I've tried, as even if I get any kinks in my line, I find them easy to correct. I think this liner is a great value for money and definitely worth a try.