Philosophy Very Emollient Lip Shine - s'mores

No Image

4.2

on 3/23/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this! Smells great, works great! It's not too sticky, just the right consistency. I also use it over top of lipstick for a nice shine. It makes my lips nice and soft, and I prefer it over MAC's lipglass.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lipgloss! It has a wonderful chocolaty / roasted marshmallow scent to it, you'd think it really is a s'more that's touched your lips. It also is lightly sweetened which is a big plus to me! The shimmer in this one is very subtle, not overpowering as some other glosses. It isn't too sticky either, to me the perfect lipgloss! Would buy this one over and over again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to review this because I love it soooo much! It smells so good, last for a good amount of time, and is really moisturizing and shiny. It makes my lips look really pretty. I do apply it a lot, not because it's necessary but because it smells so amazing and I loove wearing it. I usually wear this on days when I don't feel like wearing lipstick, and I'll definitely repurchase again!

on 11/14/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely terrific. I have to be very careful with lip balms and glosses because so many of them dry my lips or irritate them. I usually avoid glosses with glitter since one by a brand that I'm usually OK with turned out to be a big mistake; it was actually as if I had paper cuts in my lips and they took days to heal.

But this is fabulous, in spite of the flavourings, fragrance and glitter - not only does it taste wonderful, hot chocolate and marshmallows, and it is a very effective moisturising balm, but it looks very good too. Although it's white it makes my lips look soft and baby pink.

I'd been wary about Philosophy's lip shines but I will be getting more.

This gloss/balm smells very very good, it's addicting. but after about a week of using it, I happened to read the ingredients and saw it contains Oxybenzone, a harmful sunscreen compound. It's too bad because I don't use this gloss anymore and I'd like to.