Philosophy Very Emollient Lip Shine - s'mores

No Image

4.5

This lip shine is by far my favorite one that philosophy has carried (i own almost all of them). this was one of the very first lip shines by philosophy that i bought. i loved it sooooo much that i basically started a collection of all of their lippies. but sadly, i only love this one the most. it smells sooooooo faboulous. and like all of their other products, is very moisturizing on the lips and is not sticky at all. i love this lippie and think that it was worth every penny (bought it for $8 at sephora).

on 3/23/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this! Smells great, works great! It's not too sticky, just the right consistency. I also use it over top of lipstick for a nice shine. It makes my lips nice and soft, and I prefer it over MAC's lipglass.

on 11/30/2009 9:07:00 PM

Philosophy makes the best lip glosses ever. The s'mores is perfect flavor/scent for the winter months. It smells so delicious and does not have a gross after taste like other brands out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lipgloss! It has a wonderful chocolaty / roasted marshmallow scent to it, you'd think it really is a s'more that's touched your lips. It also is lightly sweetened which is a big plus to me! The shimmer in this one is very subtle, not overpowering as some other glosses. It isn't too sticky either, to me the perfect lipgloss! Would buy this one over and over again!

on 6/4/2009 11:35:00 PM

HG of lipgloss --- best ever. Doesn't make my lips peel the next day, has good staying power for a gloss, put it on and forget it's there until you catch yourself in the mirror and realize you're wearing lipgloss.

Yum, this stuff is the best!! Really good when you're craving something sweet. It does taste a little bit chocolatey and it's super shiny. It also has really good staying power for a gloss. I don't think it's that sticky, MAC lipglass is much worse.

♥!!! This stuff is fantastic! I don't really taste any graham cracker in this, but chocolate and marshmallow... yum! It's a nice subtle sparkle too, and sticky like a s'more as well. ;) Definitely a winner for me. A little pricey, but hey, it's Philosophy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to review this because I love it soooo much! It smells so good, last for a good amount of time, and is really moisturizing and shiny. It makes my lips look really pretty. I do apply it a lot, not because it's necessary but because it smells so amazing and I loove wearing it. I usually wear this on days when I don't feel like wearing lipstick, and I'll definitely repurchase again!

on 12/13/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MWAH! and Yum-O! I'm-a stocking up on this! It smells and tastes just like real S'Mores - minus the fat and calories! Despite looking glittery white in the tube, it goes on clear and shimmery, not chunky-glittery. It lasts, is non-sticky, and conditioning too. This lipgloss has it all. NOM NOM NOM.

ETA: I tried this out on my mom today (she is in her 70's). She LOVED it. Guess what she's getting as a Chrissie stocking stuffer?

on 11/14/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely terrific. I have to be very careful with lip balms and glosses because so many of them dry my lips or irritate them. I usually avoid glosses with glitter since one by a brand that I'm usually OK with turned out to be a big mistake; it was actually as if I had paper cuts in my lips and they took days to heal.

But this is fabulous, in spite of the flavourings, fragrance and glitter - not only does it taste wonderful, hot chocolate and marshmallows, and it is a very effective moisturising balm, but it looks very good too. Although it's white it makes my lips look soft and baby pink.

I'd been wary about Philosophy's lip shines but I will be getting more.