Philosophy Very Emollient Lip Shine - s'mores

No Image

4.5

This gloss/balm smells very very good, it's addicting. but after about a week of using it, I happened to read the ingredients and saw it contains Oxybenzone, a harmful sunscreen compound. It's too bad because I don't use this gloss anymore and I'd like to.

on 12/1/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this smells great!!! It's so nice to have on and just be able to smell all the time.

It's a little too sticky to become a favourite...and I probably wouldn't repurchase just because I generally don't unless I really, really like something.

However, I got my with the Warm by the Fire set or something, and it is likely I would repurchase the set as a whole.

on 12/23/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though I originally intended to buy the Red Velvet lip shine, the smell of this intrigued me. It has a sweet scent that reminded me of gooey melted marshmallows...like a s'more! Although I worried the glitter would be too gaudy, it's very subtle on the lips. It also has a smooth texture and just enough stickiness to make it feel right. The only downside was the taste. It just doesn't taste as good as it smells which was kind of disappointing, which is why I took off a lippie. Yet the fact that it is a long lasting gloss and that it makes my lips feel happy more than makes up for this!

on 11/21/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells and tastes really good..like graham crackers! Will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

OMG the taste of this lipgloss is THE BEST. Seriously. Chocolate and marshmallow. I don't taste graham crackers in here but a it is wonderful chocolate marshmallow lipgloss. Not sticky but a better formula than the Red Kiss Me Balm. The color is a semi-clear white sparkly gloss that looks great over lipstick or lipliner. Fabulous. The only downside to this and all Philosophy gloss is that the lasting power isn't the best. A few hours tops. But it tastes so good you'll want to reapply it a LOT. Very moisturizing, much more so than the Red Kiss Me balm and tastes SO much better. Yum.

This lip shine is by far my favorite one that philosophy has carried (i own almost all of them). this was one of the very first lip shines by philosophy that i bought. i loved it sooooo much that i basically started a collection of all of their lippies. but sadly, i only love this one the most. it smells sooooooo faboulous. and like all of their other products, is very moisturizing on the lips and is not sticky at all. i love this lippie and think that it was worth every penny (bought it for $8 at sephora).

on 3/23/2010 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this! Smells great, works great! It's not too sticky, just the right consistency. I also use it over top of lipstick for a nice shine. It makes my lips nice and soft, and I prefer it over MAC's lipglass.

on 11/30/2009 9:07:00 PM

Philosophy makes the best lip glosses ever. The s'mores is perfect flavor/scent for the winter months. It smells so delicious and does not have a gross after taste like other brands out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lipgloss! It has a wonderful chocolaty / roasted marshmallow scent to it, you'd think it really is a s'more that's touched your lips. It also is lightly sweetened which is a big plus to me! The shimmer in this one is very subtle, not overpowering as some other glosses. It isn't too sticky either, to me the perfect lipgloss! Would buy this one over and over again!

on 6/4/2009 11:35:00 PM

HG of lipgloss --- best ever. Doesn't make my lips peel the next day, has good staying power for a gloss, put it on and forget it's there until you catch yourself in the mirror and realize you're wearing lipgloss.