L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 7/20/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I actually loved the way this made my lashes look. I did not, however, like the weird film it left on my contacts. I'm very careful about how I apply eye makeup and yet, everytime I wore this, my contacts would get weirdly dirty. Wouldn't repurchase. Makes me sad because this really made my lashes look like falsies!

on 1/29/2017 1:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I spent about three hours looking up reviews for drugstore mascara here as well as looking at YouTube videos ...what a waste of time. I appreciate honest reviews, so here is mine. I bought four L'Oréal Mascaras since they were 40% off, just to see if spending on Lancôme was worth it. This particular mascara got in my eye with normal application, one coat. I wear contacts so I am very careful with eye makeup, I was not wearing my contacts at the time of application. The first coat left my eye feeling irritated and soon turned red and burning like an eye infection. I have never had this experience with any mascara ever. I have been wearing makeup since 14 and I'm 44. Maybe I got a bad batch but I am stumped and feel ripped off. Very disappointed as this is one of four L'Oréal mascaras I tried. They all are horrible. I will be using Lancôme always. I know if I don't like it I can take it back, Lancôme, not with this purchase, or the other three. What a shame, or shame on me for being cheap. Beware, this product should be recalled.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My recently discovered holy grail mascara. I had decided to take the plunge and buy higher end mascara. Both benefit's "It's real" and Too Faced "better than sex" were decent, but they smudged on me! That's one of my biggest pet peeves so I returned both since it wasn't worth it especially for the price. The L'oreal extra volume collagen beat out both along with its drugstore price point. It has a big fluffy brush that coats all my lashes w great volume and length to give it that fluffy look that I love from ardell demi wispies. I've only layered two coats on but it does so pretty well with no clumpiness. Best of all is that it barely smudges or flakes, only at the very end of the day and it comes off very easily in the shower. Other than that, it looks great all day!

on 12/14/2016 12:53:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for years. I keep trying other mascaras, mainly high end, but I keep coming back to this one. It's not flakey and only clumps a little when coming to the end of the bottle. I use this with the Lancome primer and benefit roller lash on top. I always have success with this look.

on 8/4/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't say I normally just flat out dislike everything about a product, but this mascara was sooooo horrible to me. I bought it on a whim since I normally like Loreal products, but I really wish I would have looked it up first now.

It did not give me any noticeable volume. I had to clump it on and it just looked bad. Though it doesn't claim to give length, most mascaras give at least something. This one added literally zero length though. Even after curling my lashes, they fell flat and did so immediately! It was like less than 5 minutes after applying. I don't know how a mascara fails so hard, but this one is just awful to me.

on 12/20/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is good if your into really wet, spidery lashes. I have a hard time working with this formula as it is very wet and I get it everywhere. I does set however, and did not experience any smudging. The brush is enormous and you don't have a lot of control with this wand. You quickly get the product on the lashes, I just prefer a more controlled application than this can give me.
You do get very voluminous and long lashes, just a tad clumpy.

This is one of my favourite mascaras.

The plush brush allows you to cake on the mascara for a false lash look.

With a lot of mascaras on the market, I find that they either focus on volumizing, lengthening, or definition.

This one magically accomplishes all three tasks at once.

I will be purchasing again for its Trifecta of Lash POWER

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the fattie brush...I am a sucker for those. But this mascara runs on me. Even on hot days when it is not TOO brutal, I always have mascara travel smudges under my eyes, and I dont appreciate it. It is too bad because I love the brush, but the formula just doesnt work for me. I still use it occasionally on weekend days/running errands, because it does plump your lashes quickly with a nice coat; just have to make sure I am not going to put it at risk for melting.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mascara isn't bad, but it doesn't really do anything for my lashes except make them look really black. This mascara formula is the middle-ground between wet and dry which I typically prefer but I find the formula very heavy. I always curl my eyelashes before mascara but it doesn't make a difference when I use this stuff because they get weighed down anyways. The mascara doesn't flake or smudge which is great, and the formula is super black for extra stunning lashes but it's ability to really perform as a mascara just isn't there. Wouldn't recommend.

on 7/26/2015 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Same as most Loreal mascaras gets better when it drys out but for the price they should make the effort to make them oky even when they are not almost dried out