Kevyn Aucoin The Prime Color Creme Eye Shadow - Decadent

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for this product in Lush. I got this as a freebie, so I can't complain too much, but the applicator does not work properly. I'm assuming it's a defect with the one that I received and they aren't all like this, but I find it frustrating to use. You turn the bottom of the tube and the creme is supposed to comes out from the tiny holes at the top of the applicator. Unfortunately, either entirely too much or no product comes out at all. I have given up on it and it sits at the bottom of my train case most of the time. It's a shame that it doesn't work right, because the product itself is very nice. The shade is a beautiful rich forest green and wears very well throughout the day and doesn't crease. I was looking at the other reviews, and apparently this product is $27. I don't think it justifies the cost. This eyeshadow is nice, but you could do just as well or better at the mac counter for half that price.

I bought two of KA's creme e/s, Deceit and this one. Decadent is a lovely bronze-brown that does not turn coppery (thankfully) on me. IMO, the texture and wear are better than LM's creme shadows. Looks very smooth and does not dry out my lids like LM's. It is crease-proof but not waterproof, which is great because my sensitive lids get puffy and irritated from shadows that stick to them like glue. I have no problems with the applicator being too wide, as I apply with fingers or sponge-tip applicators anyway. With so many different eye shapes and personal application methods, I don't think KA could please everyone on that one. However, I agree with the previous reviewer that the applicator oozes out a bit too much product. I only need a tiny bit for each eye, so I replace the cap and use what's left on the tip next time. The price is steep and will certainly deter me from buying more colors. (I also tried Pristine and Sinful, but they blended into my medium, yellow-olive skin without adding much contrast.)