E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

YAAASSS, E.L.F. COMES IN CLUTCH. Just last month I went through a eyeliner quest just to find the "one" (I was really just tired of my holy grail eyeliner [Milani Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Everlast] only to *spoiler alert* ultimately realize that what I have at home is much better than the other eyeliners but this ELF eyeliner comes to a really close second and I am so amazed!!)

I was looking through my local target trying to decide which waterproof eyeliner I should try. I have super oily eyelids (not deep fried oily) but I definitely have to prime before I apply most eyeliners that claim to be "waterproof, all day wear, 12 hr wear or smudge proof" because most brands with these claims just don't cut it for me (Garnier, Covergirl, Maybelline..) and trust me it has been a loooong quest to find an eyeliner that does not rub onto the upper part of my eyelids, making me look like a poorly drawn racoon by one hour passing. So right before I give up after crouching through every brand in the make-up section, my eyes dilate when I realize ELF has come out with this WATERPROOF eyeliner, I am so excited that part of me wants to scream. In the past, I have tried ELF's regular liquid eyeliner which would slowly flake off throughout the day but I had noooo hesitation to give this a try for the price of $2-3. So I definitely buy this product but before I put it to the test, I made sure that I didn't have any important plans for that day just in case this eyeliner decided to disappear on me halfway throughout the day. And to be frank, I doubted ELF way quickly than I should've, this eyeliner is magical for my oily eyelids.

I don't have any criticism for the packaging of this eyeliner, it is quite generic and keeps the eyeliner tip intact. The plastic packaging does advise that you store the tip facing downwards to maintain its performance. The product hasn't dried out on me since the month that I have had it but I did switch something up. With my fingers, I pinched the eyeliner brush tip and extended it out a bit (just enough that it still closes back up with the cap on), I find this gives me the best access and easier navigation to create a *perfect* line. Use my trick if you'd like but with just this alteration, I am totally in love with this eyeliner pen!

Although I don't rank this as my #1 holy grail because it does wipe away if I rub hard enough (but it DOESN'T transfer willingly on its own), it is my #2 and for the price, I am thoroughly happy and would buy this again and again! I love the price and the quality, it's totally a win-win!!

*p.s. I bought the ELF waterproof eyeliner with an all-white exterior not black if it makes a difference*

on 3/21/2017 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

First, this picture is wrong, All of the ELF waterproof liners that I've bought are in white packaging.

That aside this liner is dirt cheap & worth ten times it's price tag! It goes on smoothly, & stays put all day long. The black is highly pigmented & I love the fine to thick felt tip applicator. At the end of the day, it comes off cleanly with my neutrogena makeup remover wipes.

My one criticism is that the cap tends to want to pop off of new eyeliners so if you don't make certain the cap is on properly, your eyeliner will dry out. At $2 though, that's hardly a tragedy. I always keep an extra ELF liner in reserve just in case.

on 12/24/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh my goodness - this thing is terrible. I thought I'd try to save a few dollars by getting a cheap pen and I got what I paid for.

First things first - it's impossible to get a fine line with this pen. I've tried and tried and the line is always too thick.

Second, waterproof? No. I can easily remove this with just water.

Third, the black is not a deep, jet black like other liners. It's a light black.

Not worth the three bucks I spent on it.

on 9/14/2016 9:44:00 AM

Great eyeliner at a great price. They've redone the packaging a bit since I last used this but it still works great. I have eyelids that tend to get oily throughout the day and eyeliner usually ends up somewhere beneath my brow bone where it doesn't belong. This eyeliner is truly water- (and oil-) proof - looks just as great at 5:00PM as it does at 8:00AM!

on 5/2/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was an amazing surprise, after basically 99% of all the felt-tip liner drying up in a week, no matter the price, this one outlasted them and it was $2 USD. Not only did it not dry out, but it applied very opaque and pigmented (talking about the black liner). It did lasted on my lids all of the day; I thought it would smudge because I had been having very watery eye, but it made it through. I won’t say it is the best of them all, but it is in top 10.
But bit of warning, make sure to put the lid tightly because if not, the liner will dry out quickly.

The ink is very pigmented and dries in like 5 secs. It really is waterproof and just doesn't come off without a makeup wipe. The only reason I gave this product 4 stars is that it came with a split tip and that didnt create a sharp line. I might have gotten a defected piece.

on 12/10/2015 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this in Coffee which is a nice brown color, and charcoal which is a good very dark gray. It's too bad, both pens dried out after about a week or two of use, but by then I was ready to get rid of them anyway. The pointed felt tip lost its shape very quickly and looked frayed on both.

on 3/5/2016 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I like the applicator, but the formula rubs of easily, really not waterproof and the color is not that intense.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Felt tip bent too easily, making a precise, even line next to impossible. Pigment was garbage. Bought it in black and it was not black. It was dark grey at best. Dried out after three "uses". Even tried storing it upside down and that helped some, but not much.
I really love eyeliner, it's probably one of my favorite cosmetics, the one that if I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one product I would likely bring. I take my eyeliner very seriously and this one made me a sad panda.

on 11/21/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I accidentally bought this in brown instead of black, but honestly I probably wont buy the black because the brown's been so meh. it wont stay on my waterline even though it claims to be waterproof and the pigment isnt good enough to do a cateye. two stars because ive found it can actually work to do a really bold brow.