Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Fetish Pink #8

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG lippie!! I am so fortunate to have received this in a swap.The packaging is very elegant , a sleek gold embossed with the YSL logo and a mirror on the top cap for application.The best part is the lipstick itself is multipurpose.It is as if they combined a chap stick (with SPF) a beautiful unique color and a high shine gloss.This color to me would be describe as a barbie pastel pink .Gorgeous :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ah! I love this lipstick so much. (SEE PIC ABOVE! This color is #3 in the lineup, top row. **pic is from temptalia.com!)
A perfect choice for my 100th review!!

So to update, you can find another of myRouge Volupte reviews for Peach Passion #13, and like this review will be, it is glowingly positive.

While I definitely love both lipsticks, I'm partial to this color most of all. This pink is truly perfect and VERY pink. It's a cool/blue-based pink, but it's super creamy and has this "oomph" factor i love. I just purchased another blue-ish pink (YSL #22 Pink Celebration, Rouge Pur lipstick, see review!), but this one is more creamy and brighter. It's also just altogether different.

Like Peach Passion, this color is very vivid and bright, but not OTT. I find PP to be a bit more "neon". This pink is like the color of a Barbie pink, but it has a sophistication to not be "neon" or "hot".

Texture: Unfailingly emollient. It stays on, even after eating and even wiping my lips off, but before you wipe it off, it will still be smooth/creamy MANY hours past application. This is just amazing to me. And no single sign of flaky skin on the lips or that awful "ring" inside your lips where the lipstick is clumpy/white. (People on MUA always told me that's a sign of not having enough moisture in your lips and to use a balm; well, i've never found that to work. IME, lipsticks that cause that will cause it no matter what (usually after 1-2 hours of wear) and with YSL RV, you do not get that ring no matter what! I am not doing anything differently, so I definitely think it's the lipstick quality).

Other factors: of course cost is a factor at current price of $34 USD. But again, what is out there that is truly lovely for only $34? Even a tee shirt from a higher-end store is at least that much.

Packaging: I love it, but it's ornate. I said this in my #13 review, but it's kind of a beautiful "indian jewel" theme to me. Very pretty and I love the color band that displays the lipstick color exactly.

Overall: I would highly recommend this lipstick. I hope it's permanent since I think YSL has really hit on something nice here.