Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Fetish Pink #8

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.4

I was looking for the perfect barbie pink for my skin tone and this was the ticket! I have very yellow undertones so any blue toned lipsticks look like death on me, but this one works really well. It's gorgeous!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG lippie!! I am so fortunate to have received this in a swap.The packaging is very elegant , a sleek gold embossed with the YSL logo and a mirror on the top cap for application.The best part is the lipstick itself is multipurpose.It is as if they combined a chap stick (with SPF) a beautiful unique color and a high shine gloss.This color to me would be describe as a barbie pastel pink .Gorgeous :)

I amazingly adore this luxorious lipstick its so creamy and wow on the lips. I love the colour it suits my complextion very well!!! 4 sure I will get more colours.

when i first applied this on my lips, i thought it was a little too much for my skin tone. i've learned to just dab the lipstick onto my lips to give me that perfect touch of hot pink that i can wear on a day to day basis! i love the formula of this lipstick. very smooth and the colour stays on for a long time. the packaging is so pretty too! the first time i bought this lipstick, i tried it on twice and then i lost it! it was worth replacing though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great pink lipstick but I wouldn't buy it again. I found that you can get the EXACT same shade by mixing #7 Lingerie Pink with #10 Provocative Pink.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG i found my HG lipstick...i bought this one and pink caress...but this turns out to be my favorite of all my lipsticks...im nc 35 in mac sff with yellow undertones and yet this product still flatters me...the SA recommended this one for me and im so loving it...love the packaging with mirror on top but its kinda heavy...oh well i can bear with that though coz the color is so gorgeous plus the spf 15 your gonna get...if your gonna purchase this one try them first in the counter coz its quite pricey...i will definitely purchase this one again when i ran out...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really wanted to like Fetish Pink. I even had dreams about it when I saw Temptalia wearing it in her blog. I ordered this one and Peach Passion and I can't say that I love this one. It's just way OTT bright and cool. Unfortunately, I'm a warmie (NC35) so I couldn't pull this one off w/ all of its purple undertones. I normally am okay when it comes to cool pink lippies but this one was too cool. I'm sorry to say that I may be returning it. It's pretty unwearable at least for me. Otherwise, the formula is really nice, very creamy. The smell of it also draws me back. It smells like old lady perfume.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ah! I love this lipstick so much. (SEE PIC ABOVE! This color is #3 in the lineup, top row. **pic is from temptalia.com!)
A perfect choice for my 100th review!!

So to update, you can find another of myRouge Volupte reviews for Peach Passion #13, and like this review will be, it is glowingly positive.

While I definitely love both lipsticks, I'm partial to this color most of all. This pink is truly perfect and VERY pink. It's a cool/blue-based pink, but it's super creamy and has this "oomph" factor i love. I just purchased another blue-ish pink (YSL #22 Pink Celebration, Rouge Pur lipstick, see review!), but this one is more creamy and brighter. It's also just altogether different.

Like Peach Passion, this color is very vivid and bright, but not OTT. I find PP to be a bit more "neon". This pink is like the color of a Barbie pink, but it has a sophistication to not be "neon" or "hot".

Texture: Unfailingly emollient. It stays on, even after eating and even wiping my lips off, but before you wipe it off, it will still be smooth/creamy MANY hours past application. This is just amazing to me. And no single sign of flaky skin on the lips or that awful "ring" inside your lips where the lipstick is clumpy/white. (People on MUA always told me that's a sign of not having enough moisture in your lips and to use a balm; well, i've never found that to work. IME, lipsticks that cause that will cause it no matter what (usually after 1-2 hours of wear) and with YSL RV, you do not get that ring no matter what! I am not doing anything differently, so I definitely think it's the lipstick quality).

Other factors: of course cost is a factor at current price of $34 USD. But again, what is out there that is truly lovely for only $34? Even a tee shirt from a higher-end store is at least that much.

Packaging: I love it, but it's ornate. I said this in my #13 review, but it's kind of a beautiful "indian jewel" theme to me. Very pretty and I love the color band that displays the lipstick color exactly.

Overall: I would highly recommend this lipstick. I hope it's permanent since I think YSL has really hit on something nice here.